Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Kundalini
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  09:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Yoganiji,

Is your teaching on raising kundalini the same as Kriya Yoga? If not what is the difference ? Kindly clarify.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro1, and welcome!

There are some elements of practice from kriya yoga in AYP, and also elements of practice integrated from many other sources, plus ongoing refinements and optimizations for self-directed practice that are unique to AYP.

It is the natural capabilities found within the human nervous system that support the process of human spiritual transformation, of which ecstatic kundalini is a part. What is within us already defines the journey, not any particular tradition.

If you review the AYP lessons and compare them with what is in kriya yoga, the similarities and differences will be apparent. In case you are not familiar with the details of kriya yoga, if you do a "subject only" search on "kriya yoga" here in the forums, you will find discussions and links to resources on that.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

PS: A primary difference is that AYP utilizes a proactive form of deep meditation with mantra, and kriya yoga does not. It is a big difference.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  11:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2008 :  11:28:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Yoganiji,

You surprise me everytime with your lightning responses to queries! This speaks volumes about your dedication and commitment to the cause of spiritualism.It is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I understand Kriya Yoga has a practise called "Ham-Sa", where we have to meditate for 30 mins. with mental repetition of this mantra. So I guess this is similar to AYP's I Am. I shall use this opportunity to seek another clarification.
I am able to easily sit in "Sukhasana" for 45 mins. In this case, while doing SBP for 10 mins., is it OK if I place a small ball under the perinium to create the 'heel' pressure that Siddhasana creates. I also simultaneously practise 'moolabandha', though I am not able yet to constantly maintain this throughout the 10 mins.( it keeps slipping occasionally. Is this OK ? Kindly advise. Siddhasana inflicts pain in the ankle bones and it is hard to keep one heel directly on top of the other while maintaining pressure on the perinium.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  04:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro1,

quote:
Dear Yoganiji,

You surprise me everytime with your lightning responses to queries! This speaks volumes about your dedication and commitment to the cause of spiritualism.It is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I understand Kriya Yoga has a practise called "Ham-Sa", where we have to meditate for 30 mins. with mental repetition of this mantra. So I guess this is similar to AYP's I Am. I shall use this opportunity to seek another clarification.
I am able to easily sit in "Sukhasana" for 45 mins. In this case, while doing SBP for 10 mins., is it OK if I place a small ball under the perinium to create the 'heel' pressure that Siddhasana creates. I also simultaneously practise 'moolabandha', though I am not able yet to constantly maintain this throughout the 10 mins.( it keeps slipping occasionally. Is this OK ? Kindly advise. Siddhasana inflicts pain in the ankle bones and it is hard to keep one heel directly on top of the other while maintaining pressure on the perinium.

I may be wrong, but I have a feeling that different kriya yoga teachers teach different practices. Some may well teach the Ham sa mantra. If they do, then yes, it is to cultivate inner silence whilst also having a purificationary role in the nervous system.

In the main lessons Yogani talks about putting something under your perineum to stimulate the root chakra if siddhasana is uncomfortable for you. So yes, that is fine, just don't use anything too big or hard.

You do not need to hold mulabhanda for the full 10 mins, just the length of time that is comfortable for you.

In siddhasana it is not necessary to put one heel on top of the other. It is actually a really easy asana. Sit on the floor... let one leg rest folded in front of you, and let the other rest with the heel lightly touching your perineum, or slightly to one side of the perineum. It's as easy as that.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 07 2008 04:16:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  11:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Christi, thanks for your response. I just read it. I am still a novice at navigating the forum
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  10:31:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,

My problem is that moolabandha slips briefly at the end of each in-breath and out-breath. Is this OK, or should I concentrate on preventing this slippage ?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  1:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish, (hope you don't mind me calling you that, as I find typing your screen name quite difficult to do quickly)

Yes it is ok to have mulabandha slip. Actually I think this is probably getting close to asvini then. Which is mulabandha but instead of holding it you relax it and contract it many times...hold and release, hold and release. Don't stress over it, it is happening as it should. Best of luck.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  11:19:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carsonzi. I would prefer being called by my (shortened) name, Krish
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2008 :  10:12:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish,
Carson is right about it being asvini mudra.
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/55.html At times during pranayama we may notice that mulabandha becomes unflexed. That is okay. When we notice, we just easily reestablish that flexed intention and continue spinal breathing. The occasional releasing and reflexing is normal, and has another name, "asvini mudra." We won't deliberately do that now. It will happen of its own accord.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000