Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Eat, Pray, Love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  2:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know this is an "Oprah Book Club" book and everything and that to me makes it instant cheese, but my wife bought it the other day and while we were driving (a couple of hours away) to my parent's city for Thanksgiving day, we read the first 13 chapters aloud in the car together. The first eight had me with a constant lump in my throat. (in a good way) We have not finished it yet, as my wife couldn't wait for me so we could read it together and is far ahead of me now but I have a feeling (and my wife too, who doesn't practice AYP or any yoga at all really) that this book may capture my wife's attention enough, and explain in terms she understands, the journey I am on with AYP, and potentially inspire her to pick up some practices. Anyone on here read the book to the end?

In Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 15 2008 4:06:19 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  3:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Yes - I read the book about 8 months ago. Mainly because my daughters watched the author Elizabeth Gilbert on the Opera show and then alerted me with the following words:

"Mamma! There was this woman there. She was just like you! You really need to read this book.......you have been doing sort of the same thing!"

I enjoyed reading it. It is a good "catcher" for those who need the inspiration to take up the inward journey.

PS
By the way - the book is called: Eat, Pray, Love
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  4:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for AGAIN pointing out my grammatical errors Katrine, haha I really do type way too fast, way faster then my brain thinks sometimes and sometimes I find when I go back and reread what I've written I often put totally wrong words (similair but wrong) in place of the ones I meant to use...No idea why this happens, maybe all the drugs I used to do I dunno. I can't wait to finish the book once I can wrestle it from my wife's grasp, haha.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000