AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 heart mudra?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  2:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste my friends, just liked to share this simple practice which is out of the ayp system but i came to know it automaticaly due to yogani's ayp pratices.

and i simply call it the heart mudra, it happens to me during spinal breathing pranayama and it facilitates the circulation of the energy from the heart toward the ajna a lot and in large ecstatic amounts.

it used to happen with me precisely when i used to engage in suffi practices plus ayp practices but that didn't go for too long now ayp for the last 2 months has been my only line of practices and hopefully it will be my only one from now on.

anyways i'm experiencing this mudra even more now that i'm progressing in ayp practices and am stable with daily practices.

what happens simply is that the shoulders start turning 3 times in a front circle mode up and down with the focus on the spinal tube when it comes through the heart with the eyes on sambhavi and then you would feel like that movement is opening something like a tunel through the heart which gives a push to a lot of ecstatic conductivity to go up toward the third eye but i don't do this practice when going down.

a point to be taken is that before this practice started automaticaly i used to feel ecstatic conductivity big time when going down through the heart now after it i feel it mostly in the perinium (muladhara).

now this is a practice which is in the laboratory so i still don't advise anyone to go for it cz we are playing here arround the heart.

but i would like to see if anyone else has been to similar automatic reactions due to their practices.

by the way this happens as part of when all the body mudra happens and more breath is taken with it when it happens like that and sometimes it happens by itself alone with a strong breath intake with it.

namaste my friends would like to hear your opinions if such a practice is healthy in case anyone knows something concerning it, plus it would be nice if anyone here has been through it and would like to share.

ofcourse yogani your opinion is needed since you are the most experienced amongst us i think in the field of automatic yoga.

light and love,

Ananda

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  4:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

Your posting tantalizes! You must write more!

Please consider rewriting your posting in careful English! These two portions for example are not clear, at least not to me:
quote:
shoulders start turning 3 times in a front circle mode up and down with the focus on the spinal tube when it comes through the heart [?????] with the eyes on sambhavi and then you would feel like that movement is opening something like a tunel through the heart which gives a push to a lot of ecstatic conductivity to go up toward the third eye but i don't do this practice when going down.

all the body mudra happens and more breath is taken with it when it happens like that and sometimes it happens by itself alone with a strong breath intake with it.

According to Wikipedia, "Mudras are arm, hand and body positions used in the traditions of Hinduism and Buddhism. The historic Buddha knew the use of mudras and is often depicted using these ritual gestures. Various Kung Fu forms contain positions identical to these mudras."

So what do you mean by "all the body mudra?" Won't you PLEASE untangle all this material that you have thrown out before us so hastily, and state the precise sequence of specific actions that you do, free of reference to other practices? Can you be quite explicit about the various circulations that you set in motion, etc? Can you clarify how this practice differs from spinal breathing pranayama?

Richard Rolle wrote, "I was more astonished than I can put into words when, for the first time, I felt my heart glow hot and burn. I experience the burning not in my imagination but in reality...."

Thank you for much needed clarifications!

newpov

PS - I read Ecclesiastes with great interest. Various circulations are mentioned, beginning with the prologue. Do you have any idea what these are? This fellow is clearly yogic.

I would like to know what he means when he says, "Who knows if the human spirit mounts upward or if the animal spirit goes downward to the earth?"

And in Ezekiel there are circles and circles and circles.... !

Edited by - newpov on Oct 14 2008 5:38:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  2:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste my friend, i haven't thrown anything new.

it all exists in yogani's lessons, the whole body mudra which becomes an automatic process.

all the stuff i mentioned up there is the result of steady daily practice of yogani's lessons nothing more nothing less for the last 2 months or so but i've been practicing the stuff mentioned in the lessons a long while before but haven't been steady with ayp as a stand alone practice until the mentioned period.

now concerning the mudra or bandha i think it might be both, it happens when the energy is imagined coming through the spinal tube and then when it gets to the heart i just give it this push from time to time.

anyways it's not always there as an automatic practice, and i was thinking to myself today it would be best if i would just keep it automatic cz from where i stand now in life i don't want to take any chances.

and about wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudra

read the first line carefully: wiki quote: While some mudrâs involve the entire body, most are performed with the hands and fingers.

concerning what richard rolle just mentioned, well i've felt stuff which are more beautiful then that in the heart 4 years back i felt kindness and wormth and a feeling of damn being broke by the water of kindness.

well concerning Ecclesiastes i have no idea, but concerning the spirit as a spirit well i believe as a wave on the sea like this body like you and like me.

we are not this or that we are him and nothing exists without him and couldn't exist without him for he is all.

the theater where this play called life circulates.

now who is him?! call him by whatever name pleases you: truth, god, nirvana.....

kindest regards my friend,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  01:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
for you newpov, Lesson 212 - Q&A – Whole body mudra: http://www.aypsite.org/212.html
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2008 :  12:23:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  07:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just some update on this automatic mudra, it seems that it was just a phase possibly related to purification or the release of a certain knot...

now it's gone and the ecstatic conductivity is back into the heart in a more beautiful way than ever when shiva descends and meets shakti.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000