Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 the power of love
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  4:37:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ever been confused about what to do? How to release your karma? Or how to make your world a little more bright, a little more light? Yes friends, I have the perfect solution for you... LOVE!!!

Seriously, the power of love. I'm too often stuck feeling I should feel awful about certain things I've done, that I should be ashamed or try to hide things from people, but to be honest, a little love, really goes a long long way. Really, seriously, love, that stuff's more than miraculous. Just a friendly reminder from your friendly neighborhood lover of love. Thank you and good day, and namaste to all your beautiful more than capable of loving yourselves souls :).

ps. other people too of course, no need to hoard the love :).

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2008 :  5:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divineis.....I must say.....you certainly are a breath of fresh air

Thank you for that lovely tune.

It remined me of something that happened yesterday. Close by where I live there is a river, and I love walking along it.....watching the stream of the water....enjoying the branches of the trees dipping themselves in the stream....the ducks that float around.....the boulders when they come.....and the really still places along the way.
Anyway - at some point I walked under a low bridge and there was this man (He was around 60 I'd say) picking out his guitar getting ready to play. When I walked by him he gave me this really, really quick timid look....like "excuse me for bothering you, don't mind me"....and then he just went about his business of getting settled with his guitar. You could tell he was going to do his thing regardless. No matter how shy he was.
Nobody else was around. I walked past him about 20 meters and I couldn't help smiling...I was so happy from walking.....and then he started singing......and I tell you......the song was one of these happy Jesus songs that many street singers from the salvation army sings (he was not one of them, though)...I'm sure you've heard the kind.....and he had his hat on the ground for money....

But you see...his voice.....it was the most innocent, clear, joyous voice I have ever heard. It went straight to my heart and I just stopped dead and instead of looking at him I just leaned over the rail in the darkness under the bridge....looking at the water and letting all that innocence stream into my heart. And I could tell from the way his joy increased that he knew I stood there receiving his song. It was such a moment of grace. Because I know that so few of the ones usually walking by this guy would ever understand what he was about...they would just see the appearant.....

When he finished I greeted him and told how beatiful I found his voice. So we just stood there smiling.......I was telling him that my pockets were stark empty.....I wanted so much to give him something.....
But he just gave me this radiant smile and said that my listening to him and enjoying it was more than enough.

And so I walked home with all that innocence inside.....
It cost nothing.........and yet it was the richest thing.

So thank you, Devineis.
Your post reminded me of him. And the simplicity of love.

It is fragile like a flower and yet it has the strongest impact....
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2008 :  03:45:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Divineis

I think the power of love can make real miracles, I have noticed that switching resentment or any other feeling that makes us feel bad into love, lets us gain a lot, and also the K energy needs the energy of love, otherwise the bad symptoms can get in. When we attain even for seconds the Samadhi state, the feeling is of tremendous love and ecstasy. I mean love is always present in the enlightenment process, or samadhi, or the awakening of the kundalini. When I have felt my ecstasies, a tremendous power of love is always present. Love makes us strong, and conscious.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

Ever been confused about what to do? How to release your karma? Or how to make your world a little more bright, a little more light? Yes friends, I have the perfect solution for you... LOVE!!!

Seriously, the power of love. I'm too often stuck feeling I should feel awful about certain things I've done, that I should be ashamed or try to hide things from people, but to be honest, a little love, really goes a long long way. Really, seriously, love, that stuff's more than miraculous. Just a friendly reminder from your friendly neighborhood lover of love. Thank you and good day, and namaste to all your beautiful more than capable of loving yourselves souls :).

ps. other people too of course, no need to hoard the love :).

Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  2:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine, it was a joy reading your post. I'm a musician myself, tis great the simplicities of life. The little stuff that matters.

And neli, I know just what you mean. Thank you for the good reminder. I really do need to practice more self love. Feels like I have all the love in the world for all those around me, and yet I'm pretty tough on myself for the things I feel I can't forgive myself for, but know that I can get through no matter what with even just a little love.

Thanks again for the replies, I appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  7:06:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Divineis,

You are very welcome.

We have to let aside our resentments and let in love instead, this is very important,in forgiving ourselves and others, we are helping Shakti to make the cleanse, otherwise it becomes a blockage, and blockages are always painful, but love erases them all immediately, one must only focus on love not resentment.

Sat Nam
Be well my friend
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

Katrine, it was a joy reading your post. I'm a musician myself, tis great the simplicities of life. The little stuff that matters.

And neli, I know just what you mean. Thank you for the good reminder. I really do need to practice more self love. Feels like I have all the love in the world for all those around me, and yet I'm pretty tough on myself for the things I feel I can't forgive myself for, but know that I can get through no matter what with even just a little love.

Thanks again for the replies, I appreciate it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000