Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Why does Samyama make me cold/drowsy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  12:07:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else out there found that after they started adding samyama practice into their twice daily routine, that they started to need a longer rest period and often were sluggish and cold afterwards? I have been doing samyama practice at the end of my routine for about 3 weeks I think now, and it seems that afterwards I need at least a 20-25 minute rest, (and I usually would like to lay there and sleep instead of getting up after) and I am usually REALLY cold afterwards. When I am doing pranayama I am usually almost naked if not completely naked, because I get SOOO hot, especially my upper body and head, but as soon as I get into samyama after my meditation, I start to feel REALLY cold, and need to either put all my clothes back on, or I need to cover myself with a thick warm blanket in order to continue. Anyone else had a similiar experience? Am I doing something wrong and need to adjust somehow? Does this go away over time?

Thanks for any and all input.

In Love,
CarsonZi

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  1:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi, I've been through the cold stages both in samyama and pranayama. It went away after some time by itself. I did the same think as you - more clothes or blankets :) And if you have time give the body all the rest it needs. I used to do that for some time and this need had quickly stabilized, too.
If you don't like the sleepiness or coldness or if it's impractical, cut back on samyama for some time - you could try saying every sutra only once.
Enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  1:52:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input Tadeas. I find the sleepiness a bit disconcerting, as I have always had an abundance of energy. Used to have to take drugs to slow down even a little. Never felt cold in pranayama, only really hot. Today I tried speeding up the repetition of samyama and didn't seem to get as cold or sleepy, so hopefully I won't have to cut it out completely, and this will go away naturally soon. Thanks again for the input.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  04:17:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I had a really cold period as well and wrote about it here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3402

It's now fluctuating between hot and cold, going towards a nice balance.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000