New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  02:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find it rather curious that you´re using my translations to "restyle" them without even telling me.
You can of course do that, though i´d find that more work then to translate it directly. Maybe it makes
more sense for you to stick with the book, so you dont have to copy my translations and graphics to save time.

Do you think anyone would´ve appreciated it, if i would´ve taken your translations, when i started my website, to restyle them to my own?

I think its a great thing that you´re translating the book, but i see a lot of spelling mistakes and off-centered graphics
on your website. As Yogani says, its better to not divide your attention sometimes.

Besides that, im planning to search optimize my site, and also use google adwords to promote it, as i have experience
with that from my own company website. It doesnt matter anyway if and how much people are visiting our sites,
as there are at least two of us, who benefit from their translations :)

Nevertheless im always promoting aypsite.at to my customers, if they are interested... i have a good feeling that
this whole thing makes sense :) :)

Edit: I thought about your suggestion to moderate a forum together, but i dont feel like doing so. Your actions so far didnt give me a trustworthy feeling, you´re not answering my pm´s, your copying things from my website without telling or asking me, and last but not least, you´re reaction was kind of strange when i reached your translation level, as you got in a weird hurry to keep on up with me - which isnt a bad thing, when theres a positive feeling behind it. Right now it feels destructive for me.

Atb,
Pan

Edited by - Panthau on Aug 24 2010 09:07:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  12:49:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mains lessons 61 to 90 have been added to day on french web site:

http://www.aypsite.ch/index.php
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  1:23:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Buffle37

mains lessons 61 to 90 have been added to day on french web site:

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  2:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good news Buffle, things are also looking great on the arabian front as well both in the yahoo group and on the new website: http://www.ayparabia.com/

I am at lesson 214 right now... If there are any arabic reading peops out there who are willing to help in the translation work... That would be very welcomed and appreciated...

Love
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  3:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice layout and design Ananda :)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  07:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Panthau, of course feel free to use the same thing (it's from word press.)
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  12:09:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nono thanks, i like my design more, even if your´s is nice as well :P
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  12:51:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cheers mate
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2010 :  4:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Panthau,

I am sorry.

But I am still experimenting with what is the best and easiest way of doing my job.

Rewriting your lessons really takes much time. It saves one step but maybe it takes even more time than doing the translation according to my old system. But I indeed feel better about it because in my eyes it is very sensible to build upon the work of others. There is no use of everyone inventing the wheel himself. After the wheels have been invented there is a lot that can be added.

If I want to make the best translation possible I have to use all the information available, my own knowledge, dictionaries, google – and the thought-work that has been done by other individuals. That's kind of scientific standard. It is honorable to get to the same results as someone else by his own, but that does not bring us a step ahead.
If there is no other translation, I can do it myself. But if there is another translation it wouldn't be diligent leaving that completely unconsidered, even though there is only little improvement that can be gained by considering it.

That's the way even great poets work. They look how others have done their job and get inspired to do their own creative work, building upon the former accomplishment and improving it.

I know that Yogananda did not look left nor right when giving his great commentaries on the Gita and the Bible. But sorry, I am not yet as great.

If you don't like the way I am going forward just be patient, hold your translations back wait till I have posted mine. But if your translation is available it is my duty to look upon it now and than in order to make it a part of my thought process, thereby improving my own work.

Maybe it comforts you to know that I have already begun with my draft translations of the tantra lessons. That's like driving in deep powder snow.

Concerning PM: I don't like using them. In the beginning I was using PM in communication with Yogani. I told him from the start what I was planning and going to do. Had you known that you wouldn't be surprised from what you are seeing now.

It would be helpful could you specify more clearly, what you mean by spelling-mistakes and off center graphics. It would surprise me that after more than 7 years of study in German literature and language and 3 years work as German teacher at a Gymnasium I make too much spelling-mistakes using an up to date text-processing program.

The spelling-mistakes I see on your page concern almost exclusively “s”,”ss” and “ß” and some punctuation marks. There has been a reform of rules in recent years that I thought was introduced in Germany, Austria and Switzerland in the same way.

Have a good time and be happy.

I AM (God) is the only Intelligence and Presence acting (translating).
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2010 :  02:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha i like you. Its ok. Its a good feeling beeing the original translator.

About the gfx and spelling mistakes, two examples:
1.directly on the main page "AYP-Advanced Yoga Practeces von Yogani"
2. the language gfx seems miss-placed, especially in higher resolutions. Try using the IETester, its a useful app: http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

Of course my page isnt perfect as well, im just putting all my energy and attention into it. Therefore im faster and more focused on one thing, but thats a matter of taste.

Have a good time,
Pan
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2010 :  6:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Panthau,

I won't be posing much this month. I am on tour.
Go to Top of Page

Buffle37

Switzerland
79 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  03:45:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Buffle37's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
mains lessons 91 to 110 + tantra lesson 4 have been added to day on french web site:

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2010 :  03:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the fatigue factor has catched up with me, but it wont last forever. I wanted to make sure everyone
does his own work on the translations, as long as we´re not working together, so ill release the translated lessons
simultaneous with Kashiraja´s.
Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  07:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I habe some difficulty understanding and translating this sentence:

"Everything we have done so far as been from the root on up, above siddhasana, which is systematic stimulation at the perineum." Tantra 1 penultimum Paragraph first sentence.

Can I read this sentence as: "Everything we have done so far [h]as been from the root on up, above [all] siddhasana, which is systematic stimulation at the perineum."
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  10:42:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kashiraja

Hi Yogani,

I have some difficulty understanding and translating this sentence:

"Everything we have done so far as been from the root on up, above siddhasana, which is systematic stimulation at the perineum." Tantra 1 penultimum Paragraph first sentence.

Can I read this sentence as: "Everything we have done so far [h]as been from the root on up, above [all] siddhasana, which is systematic stimulation at the perineum."

Hi kashiraja:

Yes, that is a typo, and should read, "Everything we have done so far has been from the root on up..."

That typo has been hiding there for for nearly 7 years, and you are the first to mention it! It has been corrected (in the last paragraph) here: http://www.aypsite.org/T1.html

Not sure what you mean adding the word [all]. The reference is meant to be physical and energetic, meaning that in sitting practices we work mainly from the perenium upward. When working with sexual energy in tantric mode, a much wider range of energy flow is accepted. As we know, sexual energy can go either way. This is why success with tantric sex depends largely on our sitting practices, because the upward bias for sexual energy comes from abiding inner silence. The techniques of tantric sex do not work very well without that necessary prerequisite, as many have found. The good news is that tantric sexual techniques work very well when abiding inner silence is present.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

kashiraja

Germany
19 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  11:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit kashiraja's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

I wondered whether "above siddhasa" is meant to stress Siddhasana es technique so I thought it should read "above all"

So "above" is meant locally. But with this you are excluding all those who don't or can't practice siddhasana for any reason. But of course one can use a prosthetic.

Thanks.

P.S.: In your AYP book "Easy lesssons for an ecstatic living" I find typos now and then. Should I make a list or do you have enough feedback already.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2010 :  11:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by kashiraja

Hi Yogani,

I wondered whether "above siddhasa" is meant to stress Siddhasana es technique so I thought it should read "above all"

So "above" is meant locally. But with this you are excluding all those who don't or can't practice siddhasana for any reason. But of course one can use a prosthetic.

Thanks.

P.S.: In your AYP book "Easy lesssons for an ecstatic living" I find typos now and then. Should I make a list or do you have enough feedback already.

Hi kashiraja:

No, siddhasana is not being emphasized as essential. It is only mentioned as an example to point out where sitting practices have their "floor." Of course, it is not that precise, because the rise of ecstatic conductivity, with or without tantric sexual methods in the picture, is a "whole body" experience. The point of the lesson is to say that we can look beyond (or below) the sushumna (spinal nerve) to illuminate the sushumna, which is the role that tantric sex plays in the overall scheme of things. That simple idea overrides many stigmas about sex, and sets the stage for introducing the practical methods in the tantra lessons.

Keep in mind that each lesson was written at a point in time, with a particular frame of reference related to the structure of practices that had been introduced at that time. It would be accurate to say that the lessons have evolved quite a lot over time to take an increasingly broader view corresponding with the evolution of the community of practitioners. In doing so, we have been continually building understanding and refined application of the core practices that were introduced in that first year. So, ultimately, the best way to regard any particular lesson is from the perspective of the whole of AYP we see today, and what people are experiencing in using the baseline system of practices. It continues to evolve, and with pretty good results, I think.

Of course, each lesson should be translated "as is" to reflect what it delivered when written, minus the typos.

Any typos found in the AYP books can be emailed to me. Records of these are being kept, and someday they can be incorporated in future editions.

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  3:42:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani and fellow translators,

I write to you for advice on launching a sister (2nd) Chinese translation site. As you know, there are two sets of Chinese characters: the simplified used in mainland China and the unsimplified in Taiwan and Hong Kong. It's not very difficult to learn to recognize the simplified if one already knows the unsimplified. But there still be some difficulties that I worry might become an obstacle for readers from Taiwan and Kong Kong (It's more complicated for Hong Kong people, because their writing often reflect Cantonese in stead of Mandarin.) I'm thinking of launching a parallel blog in unsimplified Chinese. Will this cause confusion or possible communication complex between the two groups of aypers?

Phil
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2010 :  3:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston

Hi Yogani and fellow translators,

I write to you for advice on launching a sister (2nd) Chinese translation site. As you know, there are two sets of Chinese characters: the simplified used in mainland China and the unsimplified in Taiwan and Hong Kong. It's not very difficult to learn to recognize the simplified if one already knows the unsimplified. But there still be some difficulties that I worry might become an obstacle for readers from Taiwan and Kong Kong (It's more complicated for Hong Kong people, because their writing often reflect Cantonese in stead of Mandarin.) I'm thinking of launching a parallel blog in unsimplified Chinese. Will this cause confusion or possible communication complex between the two groups of aypers?

Phil

Hi Phil:

No problem with that. When you have the second link, just let me know. We can list both, each with a clear designation of what it is.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  05:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello all,

I have a question on the Dutch translations. It seems that the process of translating has been stopped for a while, and I would like to offer my assistance. Maybe the Dutch translator can contact me to share his/her ideas on this?

I also had an idea about the international translations page. All the different languages are named in English. There are of course also the flags, but maybe the accessibility for non English speakers would be improved if their language was also named in their native tongue. For example: the word 'Dutch' in the Dutch language is very different from English, namely Nederlands. It could be confusing for some. Just an idea :)

Kind regards!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2010 :  09:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Medea

I have a question on the Dutch translations. It seems that the process of translating has been stopped for a while, and I would like to offer my assistance. Maybe the Dutch translator can contact me to share his/her ideas on this?

I also had an idea about the international translations page. All the different languages are named in English. There are of course also the flags, but maybe the accessibility for non English speakers would be improved if their language was also named in their native tongue. For example: the word 'Dutch' in the Dutch language is very different from English, namely Nederlands. It could be confusing for some. Just an idea :)

Hi Medea:

The Dutch translator is no longer available. It is a long time since anything has been done with it. If you would like to pick it up, you can copy what has been done, edit it as needed, and use your own website to share it. The current Dutch site is not accessible for editing or additions, so it would be very good to launch a new site for active translation work. I will be happy to add the link to the list of translations. There are plenty of tips on getting started in this topic. Check my previous posts here.

Regarding the naming of languages in their own language, it had occurred here, but I was not sure we could handle the fonts in all cases. It is one of those things on the list of things to do. Thanks for pointing out the benefits of doing it sooner rather than later.

Btw, if you would like to be listed as a "planning contact" on the AYP contacts page for the Netherlands, email me with preferred name, location (city/region) and email to use. We can also put your website link there, if and whenever you have one.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2010 :  06:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

thanks for the heads up! I've created new website and am now busy editing. This will take some time I'm afraid, so I'll post the link a bit later when things are tidied up a bit:)

No need to thank me. Starting this project is actually my way of saying thanks to you! Your books and website has made a tremendous, positive impact on my life.

So, I will be back soon with more info.

Love, Medea

Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  09:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

So, I built a website and started editing lessons. The site is open for all now and can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/aypnederlands/ Feedback is welcome of course!

Love, Medea

Edited by - Medea on Nov 09 2010 11:01:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  10:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Medea

Hi all,

So, I built a website and started editing lessons. The site is open for all now and can be found at http://sites.google.com/site/aypnederlands/ Feedback is welcome of course!

Love, Marleen

Hi Medea:

Looks very good. Will add it to the lists today.

Many thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2010 :  11:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good, easy to follow structure. Id replace or boost the links right under the logo, as they
can be easily overseen, imho.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000