New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sushman

India
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  12:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit sushman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am reading a book (Finding Forgiveness) which says that we get angry (or judge) at others for the deeds (or behaviour) that we ourselves don't like it in ourselves.

Edited by - sushman on Sep 10 2008 01:16:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  09:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sushman,

The young protagonist in the Katha Upanishad had, as his first boon received from Yama, the god of Death, reconciliation with and foregiveness of his father, with whom he had had a most difficult relationship.

Alcoholics Anonymous, with which I have had occasional contact in the post year, also stresses consciously letting go of resentments as the first step in taking personal inventory of character defects.

For years I had difficulty with my mother, father, and brother. Only more recently have I come to relax about them and take a more charitable attitude.

Today I need to "cut my own grass," while giving the other guy the benefit of the doubt. We are all fearful, hurt creatures. If I succeed in addressing my hurt, then later I can be encouragement as you address yours.

I am becoming more aware than ever of my pretense and posturing. I will try to meditate today.

newpov
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:04:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tubeseeker this is a triky question;
if you would 've ask to help somoene who does'nt want to help himself ;; i 'd give a straight no as an answer. but you ask ;(if i feel that ...)so i say yes but i also would have a look at my feeling to see if it's justified or not.the last time i got ask for help, someone ask me for money , i said sure comme to my affice tomorrow morning i'll find you a 400$a week job! you know what , he never showed up ever.so...compassion , service as a place in the univers, saying no also .
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  6:06:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what if you took your mind completely out of the question and only answered with he heart? Would it be possible that the person may think to themselves "this person did not judge me, did not ask me to change, accepted me for who I was and took care of me for no reason" It is possible that could be an approach that the person had never seen before and spark their curiosity or wake up their heart. Maybe none of that happens, maybe it does.

schtroumpsolis, some people would not want the job because they have a fear and they run from responsibility, I am not saying right or wrong, just is, that may be the case with the person you mentioned, maybe not. Personally I rarely give out money, if someone asks me for money I ask what they need it for, if they say something to eat we may go to the store and I will tell them to get whatever they want. SOmetimes I just give money without asking as well. If someone askes me for money and I give it to them and they buy drugs with it, I dont really care.

A long time ago, 15 years or so, a friend asked to borrow money from me. I loaned it and did not get it back. I was very upset and held a hatred towards him. One day I reflected on this and came to a conclusion. I never loan money unless I feel it is to a person whom I feel 99% sure I will get it back. if there is someone whom i feel may not give it back and they ask for money, depending on who it is and what it is for I will give it to them with the expectation of not seeing it again. Once the money has left my hands it is now out of sight out of mind. Then if I do get it back it is just icing on the cake

Sushman, for myself I have found that to be true, the omore I accept myself the more I accept others
I
More then thoughts
I am love, I am peace, I am joy
I am neil

Edited by - brother neil on Sep 10 2008 6:09:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  5:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yes tubeseeker,it surely open up something inside of him at some point.he felt apreciated and all but still did not show up for work wathever his reason was.to me each situation is different . i tend to want to see where the money go ...as respect to myself,. i'm no millionnaire i work hard to hahe this money availeble for my needs and my family. i'm always carefull about how i spend it , because it is time energie ,sacrifices overy day for that. so just because on the street a guy ask for money there isnt any reason why sudenly i should break loose and let this man have a beer on me! a thing i dont even give to myself.
There are a lot of situations to give and not to give.There are so many seagulls in the sky roaming for a free meal that sometimes that it is hard not to take shelter from what is coming down! and see thoses who realy are in distress.
you experience of lending $$$ is similar to mine. every time i lend some it never come back. but i réalise doing it help me test my ego and break the bond of insecurity , hatred , deceptions and those kinf of thing.
other time it'is easy and a spiritual experience to give .
3 years ago i took on a hitchiker on a feeling . as the person got in, a still small voice said " and give him 20.00$ too! ! i said " yah... right!"
at the end of the 50 milles ride i had with him , i knew that he didnt had breakfast that morning, had cancer, and was on a 200 milles hitchiking ride to get to his dad who live near a hospital so he could get treatment,and he had ask god for help that day. ...i feel so bless to have that kind of relationship with jesus Christ and be a helping hand sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2008 :  5:45:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
and think of it ...arent we all someone else seagull?
so yes sushman it is often so that we should ask our self; What is it in this guy that i hate so much in myself?
and then we may realise the purposes of seagull in the économy of the univers ...whatevev their look like!
isnt that schtroumpy!
it schtroumps me to think of it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000