AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Spinal breathing visualisation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  1:58:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I have been practising spinal breathing for a few days now and am delighted to have found the AYP site and practices. I was very apprehensive about pranayama and meditation because I have had a lot of problems and overstimulation from other types of practice. However, so far so good, in fact the spinal breathing really has a calming and steadying effect.

I am doubly happy because not so long ago I was feeling trapped, thinking I would never be able to meditate regularly due to the above problems. Yet the longing for something more has grown so much stronger over the years.

My question is about visualising the fine tube. I am finding this difficult. I can feel the energy flowing, I can feel the effect on my spine, but no tube as such. I know it is early days, but thought I would ask others how they experienced this.

I am looking forward to meditating at the same time as the group tomorrow

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2008 :  2:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy don't worry you are doing fine

Here's a post by Yogani that may be of help to you especially the third paragraph

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1088#6492

Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  02:21:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy

I find that visualizing the spinal nerve isn't required. Tracing its path with your attention will work just fine.

In fact, I only recently learned that visualizing the spinal nerve is part of the procedure. I've been practicing spinal breathing for a couple years now without the visualization, with nice results. I must not have been paying attention when I first read the lesson, then discovered from the SBP book that visualization is part of the practice.

If you can visualize it, maybe the results will be more effective. But it works well just tracing the path in your mind.

Happy practicing
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  07:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks both

I am definitely getting good results so will continue as is for the moment and see what happens.

Richard, thanks for the link. It also helps with another question I had about obstructions. I have one in my lower back and feel an ache in the sacral area on the right hand side. I am also aware of not being able to trace the breath as easily here so will just brush past it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000