Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Daniel Quinn's "Ishmael"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  1:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am just wondering if anyone else on here has read Daniel Quinn's book "Ishmael", or the follow -up's "The Story of B" and "My Ishmael"...Just curious as to how other AYPers view the content and theories expounded in these books. I would love to discuss with others how AYP can fit into DQ's ideas.
Namaste,
CarsonZi

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  12:22:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read Ishmael when a favorite 9th grade teacher gave it to me as a gift. It was the first existential read for me and it was defintley a seedling for things to come. I have been wanting to re-read it! I'm glad someone mentioned it.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2008 :  01:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to another thread where some posters have begun to discuss the ideas from the books by Daniel Quinn with myself.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4407
Feel free to join in in the discussion especially if you have read the books!
Namaste,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000