Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Self-Inquiry Book Becoming Available
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  6:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

The new Self-Inquiry book is beginning to move into the channels. The full title is:

Self-Inquiry - Dawn of the Witness and the End of Suffering

The direct download eBook version (with audio introduction) is available now. The physical book and audiobook versions should be available later this month.

See here for description, contents, previews, and purchase links: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#si

This little book goes a long way toward putting some clear metrics (measuring rods) on self-inquiry in relation to the rise of inner silence (the witness) and enlightenment -- information that has been much needed in this sometimes confusing area of spiritual practice.

I hope it will be a useful road map for those who find themselves drawn to self-inquiry. Most everyone is as practices advance and the witness and ecstatic conductivity are coming up. The mind loves to get into the act, and under the right circumstances it can be a big help.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  6:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome. Thanks Yogani! I also wanted to mention that all of your current audio publications are showing up in Napster. Good job!

Mac
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  9:01:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
great to hear Yogani, i've been waiting to read this one!!
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2008 :  10:32:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What a great book Yogani. I'm through to page 17 so far and it was exactly what the "inner guru" ordered.

Mac
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  02:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congradulations Yogani...

looking forward to reading it

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  08:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
While reading this I have been recalling the movie, "The Razor's Edge", where Larry is sitting up in the Himalayas and starts to use his book for his little fire and then he begins to tear more and more pages out as he comes to realization.

I think of how much my life and search has paralleled this story (book and movie). Your message regarding the pitfalls of following the self-inquiry path alone really resonates with me. I am still reading way too many books and searching externally far too much (and then again maybe not, who knows, heheh). I guess it just has to be that way until you make it home.

It can be tortuous when you don't self-pace along this path. It is the same as with all practices (whether you are conscious of them being a practice or not). The doubt, the skepticism, the jumbling of knowledge from all the schools of thought lead to despair without proper grounding and as you say in the book and throughout AYP, through an integrative approach.

Your message of "the guru is in you" spins up a little more of that "I Am" vibration everyday.

Peace
Mac
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2008 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mac:

Glad to hear you are finding the book helpful.

It is funny, you know. Yoga and spiritual development are so much not about mind. Yet, we humans are all about mind. So, for that reason, self-inquiry seems to be a very logical approach to spiritual development. It is down right seductive.

Recognizing and accepting that, this little book attempts to map out a "middle way" that will hopefully lead to a tempering of the mental flights of fancy we are all prone to. Self-inquiry will only work when released in stillness (the witness), which is an ongoing marriage of energy with inner silence -- the foundation of enlightenment. In the book it is called relational self-inquiry.

When the book shows up on Amazon in a couple of weeks, I hope anyone who finds it beneficial will put a review there. It helps a lot for spreading the word. Thanks!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  1:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I just read the few sample pages of the book...

http://www.aypsite.org/books-si-sample.pdf

How beautiful! Can't wait until the paper copies are available! I'm so glad you use the metaphore of The Waves and The Ocean. It's a language that strikes a chord in me! To read the rest will be a blessing, I am sure! Thank you, Yogani for writing all of this down in such a clear way.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  12:58:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Self-Inquiry paperback book is now available for Quantity Discount orders, which are placed through me and are shipped directly from the printer in Tennessee, USA or London, UK.

The paperback book should begin showing up on Amazon worldwide and in other channels within a week or so. The respective links on the Books Page will be updated as soon as the book appears.

We also have the India paperback edition and MP3 AudioBook in the works.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  08:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everybody,

I just ordered Self Inquiry in book form from Amazon in case you are interested in ordering it for yourself.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2008 :  10:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YB:

Thank you. Yes, the Self-Inquiry book has shown up on Amazon USA, UK and other international sites. They do not have inventory yet, so the delivery times are still showing to be quite long. That will change as the books move into the physical channels. The more orders they get, the quicker that will happen. The title is showing incorrectly on the European sites, and a correction has been submitted. "Search Inside" should be appearing soon, and hopefully some reviews from all of you.

Thanks, and all the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  9:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i just ordered it also, can't wait!
Go to Top of Page

Echo

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2008 :  10:50:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Echo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered one the other day from Amazon UK, who have ordered it from The Book Depository. From the email they sent to confirm the order I guess it must be "print on demand"

"1 X Selfinquiry Dawn of the Witness and the V0980052203

The above item will be printed and bound specifically for you over the next 3-4 working days in the UK by the publisher's nominated printer. You should usually receive the title in a week by Royal Mail First Class "

I've already read it as a download from Diesel Books. I found it very good and plugs a gap in the series. It certainly put Advaita into context for me!
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2008 :  12:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Self-Inquiry MP3 AudioBook Download version is now available, including a streaming audio preview you can listen to on the website: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#si

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2008 :  11:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Self-Inquiry book is now in stock at Amazon USA, available for immediate shipping. It took a while, but it is there now. We are working to complete listings and reduce ship times from the other sources shown on the AYP books page.

This one has been a bit slower setting up in the distribution channels than previous books. We are getting there.

Thanks for your patience.

The guru is in you.

PS: Amazon reviews are much appreciated by anyone who has read the book. Only a few reviews so far, but they are good ones. Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  12:54:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I have almost finished reading the AYP Self enquiry book, I find it quite honestly the best book of the AYP series I've read so far. Tremendously helpful at my still current pre-witnessing stage ! Thank you so much Yogani !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000