Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 the subtlety of nothingness, the only death
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2008 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I know "nothing" or "emptyness" to be a very subtle sort of understanding, definetly not one explainable in words, though definetly one knowable by us humans.

They say upon realisation, about half of the people leave their body. I don't believe this choice to be ours, though I can't be sure of that. I'm not sure how true it is either that we "leave our bodies". The realisation of the infinite, of the transcendental, definetly transcends our fear of death, really, enlightenment is the only death. I feel I was close enough to it to see that, the veil that remained was thin enough. The "me" that was left, the only real me, I knew it could never die. Some of the other me still remained of course... but it was thin, mostly transparent, the "watcher" was too much there to get caught up in these silly little dramas. That sort of "it doesn't matter" that comes from the heart. Not the kind that ignores, that rejects, that sets aside, the kinda that watches, and that wants only love, that wants all to rejoice in the splendor of life, to know all the truths of the world, rather then get caught up in untruths.

I did have one experience, where it felt like the ground directly underneath me shook. I was on my friends deck, a very solid deck. My friend, who was directly in front of me at the time, he gave me a very weird look when it happened. In my body, I felt "stable", but as if the space I was occupying literally shook up and down, as the rest of the universed remained stationary. At the time, I was very much in touch with the transcendental, and I simply let go to the experience, and gave my friend a reassuring look, letting him know not to worry. I've never asked him what he saw though. My ego is curious these days, but I'm not sure if it'd be helpful to my path and what not. I knew something happened, but i wasn't exactly in a state to make a "thing" out of it... I suggest the same to anyone reading. Later on, I came across that "fork" in the path. I very much desired a good 2 weeks of silence. It's amazing how when we get in touch with what's inside, we just know what's right for us, what the next step is. It's like the lotus is flowering, guiding us. Though some people close to me couldn't exactly understand this decision. It's amazing, but sometimes caring holds us back. I'm crying here thinking about it. My heart really goes out to all of humanity, I wish for everyone to know themselves on the deepest level, I'm not sure if "seeing all attachments to desire as illusif" works against that, that ever so subtle, indescribable, letting go of it all.

I've heard stories of Buddha himself, struggling with "should I teach this to humanity", knowing that many wouldn't understand the message, and that those that would, would understand it anyway... but the gods spoke back and told him, those in the middle, those that may or may not seek the truth, that those people could very well find him and direct themselves towards this higher truth.

I've heard stories, of some gurus actually condoning suicide, though with awareness, to achieve liberation, I definetly don't condone this, though when my death comes about naturally, I definetly do "plan" on living it with awareness. Practiced awareness, the kind we can work on all throughout life, share with those we love.

Just something I felt I should share.

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  03:05:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ps. the coolest thing about all this, it's sorta the realisation "hey, that's all I had to give up?" haha. It's so huge in comparison, to all that ego stuff. When life lives you instead of that ermm... other thing? I dunno what to call it... ego? I dunno, it doesn't even leave ego out really, it's all enlightenment. Tis when the nature of the mind is TRULY known. Attachment really is an illusion. Attachment to this body, to this mind, to these emotions, to my "enlightenment", to my suffering...

pps. I don't claim enlightenment or anything like that. I've just known enough to know a lot of what ain't really knowing... or something like that. Mind stuff... the duality to be dropped, but that can't really be dropped, just watched... the whole universe is already watching. Honestly, ya'll can chose it right now. Or now... or now. Just know it's not an "it". It always remains a mistery ;).

Ego's there when problems are there... but I don't see a problem in that. It's a tool really, nothing to be struggled against, no need to feed it either... but the feeding drops away when the understanding is there. So... watcha gonna chose? haha
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2008 :  03:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Tis when the nature of the mind is TRULY known. Attachment really is an illusion. Attachment to this body, to this mind, to these emotions, to my "enlightenment", to my suffering...

Yes

It is such a relief, isn't it......
To find that all attachments are but one attraction.

Trying to shun attachments will take you far away from yourself. Better to dive in......eat fully......watch alertly.......and slowly, slowly the shine can be discerned ......emanating from all and everything everywhere.

Thank you for smiling, Devineis.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000