Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 need advice on a huge frenum cut I made
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  12:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I apparently have a decent size frenum. I made a HUGE cut in it about 2 months ago. Over the course of this past 2 months I was doing repeated stretching, tongue thrusting, kechari attempts.

I achieved a SIGNIFICANT increase in mobility. The only problem is now that, the "white scar tissue" is remaining, instead of going away. Interestingly the white scar tissue seems to be all over the frenum, not just the cut site, due to the frenum trying to regain structural integrity.

What can I do about this? Usually with smaller snips the white goes away. Has anyone experienced this?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  07:45:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson,
Is there any pain associated with these white scar tissues? If yes, please get it checked out so as to make sure it is not infected.

The white spots have been discussed here.
Kechari -- White Spots.
From what I get from the above thread is that there is no need to worry about the white spots. I think they will go away in time.

Edited by - Shanti on Aug 04 2008 07:46:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  3:46:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was in the dental field, so I was confident in making this cut on my own.

There is no infection. It is just white tissue. Usually though, the white tissue goes away. Mine is changing all the time, morphing like some amoeba, but it always there.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a picture of my frenum, I just took now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?...81554du5.jpg

What do you all think about the size of my frenum??

Yogani, where are you?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  5:46:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson

Here is a picture of my frenum, I just took now.

http://img150.imageshack.us/my.php?...81554du5.jpg

What do you all think about the size of my frenum??

Yogani, where are you?

Hi Alwayson:

I'm here!

That's not too bad. Just give it some time. When it's healed and a nice taut edge develops and presents itself again, you can snip a little more if so inclined, probably without pain or blood. The whiteness is normal and will fade along with the frenum over time.

The bigger the snip, the more the initial discomfort, and the bigger the white spot. That's how it goes. So just take it easy. Make sure your daily sitting practices (deep meditation and spinal breathing) are in good shape, and kechari will happen as it should.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  6:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I still have a substantial frenum. Am I right?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I still have a substantial frenum. Am I right?

Yes. A ways go go yet. But no need to rush, particularly if you are in stage 2 kechari already.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  02:56:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not at stage 2 kechari.

I made two significant snips over a course of a few days since I posted last.
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2008 :  1:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani,

I have been snipping like a madman.....My frenum reached a point, where the cuts do not do anything. The frenum tendon just regenerates itself. What should I do?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2008 :  10:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Yogani,

I have been snipping like a madman.....My frenum reached a point, where the cuts do not do anything. The frenum tendon just regenerates itself. What should I do?

Hi Alwayson:

The best thing to do is favor your overall routine of practices and daily activities. Then you will have inner silence and ecstatic conductivity naturally rising in everyday life.

Kechari will work itself out in time. It is part of a larger whole. It is suggested not to force it.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000