Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 8/8/2008
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  9:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
some people say that this date is a special day to meditate. anyone have any insight into this and if so is there a special mantra for this date or do we just do our best meditation technique on this date?
thanks
Neil

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  11:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
08/08/08
my birthday.
Guy
Go to Top of Page

jory

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  8:12:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jory's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
08/09 is my birthday :)

"People" say that there will be some energetic gates opening up on this day in regards with the changing Earth energies leading up to 2012.
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2008 :  08:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tube seeker,

8 is the Chinese lucky number. I like 7-7-07 myself.

Happy Birthday, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2008 :  10:55:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's an interesting number today. Happy eights!

It can be looked at like this: 80808. There are a total of eight circles (the eights being two circles each).

Numbers can be fun sometimes.

Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  01:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday, Guy
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2008 :  02:38:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
haha, cool, my birthday is on the 8th (april though) same day they celebrate buddhas birthday in some cultures.

and happy somewhat belated birthday Guy! :)

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  3:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This was my wedding date. My meditations that day were off the hook (in a great way) that day, and my wedding was perfect. I think the date had nothing to do with it personally though. Just an easy way for me not to forget my anniversaries haha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000