AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 pranayama and vibrating
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

USA
146 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  4:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit avatar186's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
the vibrating, close to bliss. but closer to the feeling you get when your blood circulation is cut off, BUT without pain. think opposites. and id say very close to that of a sneaze.

i had an anatomy teacher tell me the vibrating from a sneez might be made from a vertabra being pushed outta place for a second.

When doing tantra i aim to make this vibrating consume the body threw rapid rythmical breathing, with 2 to 3 second pause here and their. anyone els familiar with making the vibrating threw breathing?

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  01:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've done something similar to this.

For me, I just had to completely forget techniques (actually I was lucky haha, I never read any techniques on the "how" which I reckon made it easier). All I did was focus on that certain "vibe" and allowed that to consume me. You can't make it, you just allow it. It starts little, and you just go with that, and then you see that "going with" allows it to grow.

Rapid rythmical breathing is what happened, you're spot on with that, though it was focusing on that "vibe", and going with it that brought on the rapid breathing, which I reckon is key here. Your breathing needs to be centered in the vibe, not so much your breathing making the vibe happen.

Edited by - Divineis on Jul 28 2008 01:27:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2008 :  10:47:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Avatar and Divineis,

Is this not bastrika? and if it happens automatically is it not automatic bastrika?

The vibrating of the body is caused by prana moveing through the nadis. It can also be experienced as heat, electric currents, pressure (sometimes intense) and ecstatic feelings. Don't overdo these kinds of experiments cos it can be like playing with fire.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  12:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The vibrating can occur anywhere up the spinal nerve to the head during tantra for me, but I agree with Christi it is like playing with fire and can lead to overloads if we seek to perpetuate it. To me, this is seeking a peak experience, similar in how we are accustomed to think of traditional ejaculatory orgasm but only hoping for higher up in the neural biology.

Looking for peak experiences is fun and nothing wrong with playing around with it, but is missing the boat with tantra from my perspective. Finding the ecstasy and bliss in every moment you are in during tantra is key, rather than seeking a pinnacle of ecstasy in some temporary experience. Expand the ecstasy and bliss in every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2008 :  1:06:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I definetly have to agree with you two. I had only done the above once... it was enough to satisfy my curiosity haha. Tantra... it's definetly a way of life rather than a daily practice you only do alone at home.

And Christi, I think it's similar enough to Bastrika that we could call it that, even automatic Bastrika, though no targetting was done. And I really can't say if this is safer or not (though I do like the automatic yoga happenings, especially for their lack of ego involvement).
Go to Top of Page

schtroumpsolis

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  8:23:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit schtroumpsolis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi everyone
i get theses body vibrations all the time, as soon as sit quietly anywhere, even in my sleep.it prevent me from sleeping justabout every night.anyone knows if this will stop a some point,or we're in for the long ride with or without the pranayama exercices? i dont seem to achive anything with theses vibrations except bags under my eyes!!! i may not notice it if i do or make the connection with wathever else happen.f.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000