Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Just finished reading Secrets of the Wilder...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  5:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
All i can say is that was a very powerful book...The first time I visualised John Wilder doing Kechari my eyes were almost watering...

Its by far the best book I have ever read and rocketed straight up to my number one list as attested to by my wife...

Anyway a little about myself I am just an ordinary guy from the United Kingdom married *very* happily with a beautiful young daughter working with my father on establishing the family business...

You could say I am blessed it sure feels like it...!

I do however have a "dark" secret and that was a series of events that started in June 00 but subsided and re appeared a year later and took full effect...

Its was only many years later that I found out it was Kundalini...

At the time it was very very gravely severe and at its height I displayed some minor Siddhis's...

My question is this (sorry it took so long to get here...) is cultavation of Siddhis wrong...?I mean if you are blessed with these gifts should they not be used for thr benefit of mankind...?

I term these as a new "Sacred Science" that I think has the potential to transform humanity...

They say that the rise and fall of civilisations can be tracked with the rise and fall of consciousness...

I look around and I dont like what I see and "doing something" about it dosent mean picking up a gun and passing off a new agenda down the point of a gun...

I much prefer this silent revolution...

Edited by - mahabaratara on Jul 27 2008 12:14:30 PM

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  04:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello mahabaratara and welcome to ayp,

like you most of us here have different backgrounds and been on our own path and practices and got here in the pursuit of self understanding or evolving (in my case it's both).

well concerning siddhis they a normal result due to purification happening in our nervous system and whenever i meet or hear about a person like you who got this kind of stuff out of nowhere the best answer i can come up with is that they are the results of past lives practices and in special cases it's some sort of accident or sickness :(.

but the trick is that some people get too attached to siddhis and sometimes quit there normal practice and think that they are there but my experience plus a lot of readings has taught me that siddhis and high peak experiences are some kind of tools whom the ego uses to feed itself or to trick us to stop escaping from it's grip.

if that is true or not, it comes back to one's experience and self enquiry.

but you finding this place is more than mere chance, it means that you're ready to upgrade yourself spiritualy to add some powerful practices that would benefit you beyond what you imagined.

and here at ayp we focus on the practice which leads us to the final goal more than on the scenary like siddhis and visions...

and you thinking about helping others and using your gifts for that is a noble thing and here at ayp there is the practice of samyama which is a very fine tool in helping other beings in there spiritual evolution in the universe.

so my friend you shouldn't focus on the cultivation of siddhis but on your own enlightenment and that of others cz there is the end of suffering and the results are everlasting (ecstacy+stillness) and even that description isn't enough it is a peak experience beyond what is imagined and it effects your whole being in a beautiful and gentle way where you become to the realization hey i'm free i am bliss...

and then you would sence unity with all things even your food your bed.... from there you wont be able of hurting another being and you would see them as your brothers and sisters and even as yourselves and that without there spiritual evolution there is no true salvation and this is divine outpouring love and you'll find the means to express that love even by a gentle word.

enlightenment or freedom moksha... call it what you may is beyond siddhis and every experience som1 has ever been too it's huge...

speaking for myself i've experienced samadhi a few times but my practice has lead me toward somewhere else.

today i don't even care about enlightenment, i just want others to realize it and to share there pains and relief them from it either by the practice of samyama or by a good word or by good acts...

kindest regards my brother you are a good soul and hope you would take another look at the main lessons and give the practices a try.(it's worth it)

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2008 :  09:45:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mahabaratara and welcome to the forums!

I really liked your post.

quote:
I look around and I dont like what I see and "doing something" about it dosent mean picking up a gun and passing off a new agenda down the point of a gun...

I much prefer this silent revolution...

I agree with you and this is also part of the reasons I do meditation. Actually my reasons are similar to yours and I am sure a lot of people have them as well: both for understanding some "happenings" in our lives that are just "out of the ordinary" or hard to understand logically and to bring harmony to help make this world a better place.

On the other hand I do not have any siddhis (except maybe a termendous power of being able to affect my own life!) so I cannot give any advice on that. What seems to be true from your words is that you have good motives and a good heart so you will get there I am sure. I too don't agree with using a gun or violence and also prefer the silent revolution and, you know what, I think it is even more powerful! So, what do I do? I meditate and then go out in the world and just live. I try to bring harmony, peace and joy into my life and I know this is the best contribution I can give to the world. AYP is a great set of practices that will give you just that, as Yogani so much speaks of: unending joy and outpouring divine love. What more could you want?!

All the very best!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000