Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Free Meditation Timer for Mobile Phones
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2008 :  2:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Meditation timers. I appreciate there are mixed feelings about the use of a timer during meditation, I think most of these are probably covered in this thread. A timer can be particularly useful when first beginning practices I suspect, but in any case, if you are interested in a timer, please read on. :)

I'm aware there have been a few discussions previously pointing to timers for the PC and timers on audio CD, but my personal problem with these is that I'm not always near my PC or hi-fi. I do always seem to have my mobile phone with me though, so I tried to find some software for the phone suitable as an AYP practice aid. I couldn't find any, so I cobbled together my own.

I offer this software freely to others as perhaps someone else may find use for it. You can download it below (only works on Microsoft Windows Mobile phones, sorry). There are so many variations of Windows Mobile phones I'm not sure how many it works on, but feel free to report any issues and I may be able to fix them. You should probably run it past your virus checker for your own peace of mind, or compile your own version (full source is included).

Download AYPtimer here

I hope it works for someone! :)

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  04:45:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"the file "ayptimer.installer-0.1.1.cab" is not a valid windows CE Setup file.
Go to Top of Page

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2008 :  4:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi thimus,

quote:
the file "ayptimer.installer-0.1.1.cab" is not a valid windows CE Setup file

Indeed it's not, it's a valid Windows Mobile Cabinet file :) What device are you trying to install it on?
Go to Top of Page

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  04:14:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, its on a Mitac Mio that I use with gps-system. Its runs under
windows CE. I copied the files with a card reader and from there putted the files from storage card to program files in the pda. But I allways get the same message. Its a pity , I would have liked to try it.
thimus
Go to Top of Page

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2008 :  05:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You could try downloading just the exe file rather than the cab installer (which is the next link down on the download page). This will run on any device which has the .NET Compact Framework version 2 or later installed. Certainly not all the Mitac Mio's have the .NET Framework (newer one's might), but it may be worth a try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000