Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Frozen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Inlightandtruth

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  9:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Inlightandtruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Im new here and thought Id introduce myself and ask a "newbie" question. I had an experience last week that I haven't had in this type of context before. I have been doing the "I AM" meditation and the other day I found a quietness where the mantra began to fade, physical sense faded, and a stillness, (emptiness of sorts) began to fill my consciousness. It was a bit spontaneous and is hard to describe...a little like an inner balancing act where thought swirled around the perimeter(?) but wasn't allowed to "gel". This was a great experience for me... a bit of a breakthru...for me at least.

So anyway I have a dinger that ends my meditation. When it sounded I opened my eyes and found my body "felt" a bit frozen or paralyzed. Only the eyes moved and I was quite peaceful There wasn't any panic as Ive experienced this "mind awake body asleep" state during some astral travel exercises in the past. Im curious, is this type of experience common among yoga meditators? Im not so much looking for validation because experience is valid not matter the circumstance or person having it. Im just wondering if this type of thing is common and to be expected? I also experienced a profound peace and calmness and acceptance for sometime after this particular session.

Thank you all and Peace to you and yours

LVR

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  12:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say it's common, I've had pretty similar experiences. I find it's sorta like, as you relax into getting "in touch" with your awareness, it just gets that certain fluid maleable focus from one object to another, and other things seem to dissapear or lose their importance, sorta like a big "it's ok, here I am :)".

I'm not sure what's to be expected in meditation though, I guess it's pretty different for everyone. The awareness is the same, but the experiences are different, thus the "it's all just scenery" we like to throw around a lot around here :).
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2008 :  02:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello up there, it's smthg in common don't worry and it's a good sign actually but if things take the alice in wonderland effect leter on you should self pace then.

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000