Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 I just need to meditate more
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  02:29:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"If I meditate more, I'll be happy, my mind will be focused, I won't need outside stuff to bring my joy and happyness, I'll be centered in the moment. It'll happen tommorow, or the day after, when I have my proper "kundalini awakening" or when meditation infuses itself into my every day living."

Says the ego.

I know it's a popular theme with me sometimes. I think it's funny, thinking meditation changes anything. hehe, I prolly look crazy sometimes, I'll think something, and I can just sit there and laugh at myself, just at the sillyness of the ego at times. He's like a cute little naive friend. Did meditation do this? haha, what a joke, meditation "doing" anything.

All the talk about properly spinning chakras or ecstatic conductivity or inner silence. they're all future goals. To me, it's all just as empty as anything else. As empty as this empty cup of convenience store coffee. All of it. Bliss+ecstatic conductivity=empty cup of convenience store coffee. :) hehe.

I think there's a misconception with the "middle path". Some think it means everything in moderation. I say that's a bi-product of it. Karmah doesn't just vanish, though it does slow down, it exhausts itself when you just watch, when you don't get caught up with this and that, and make problems out of spirituality or try and fix your life with spirituality. I think if anyone asks me about enlightenment, from now on, I give one word: acceptance.

This is sort of a message to myself. Dunno if anyone else will get anything from this, buuut, I thought I'd type it out and post it. I think part of me is annoyed of all this spiritual junk "I know"... I accept that part of me :) haha.

ok deep breaths, I'm good now :) haha, namaste all.

Edited by - Divineis on Apr 23 2008 02:36:21 AM

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  08:56:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

I think if anyone asks me about enlightenment, from now on, I give one word: acceptance.
Advaita is all about accepting the non-dual unitary monistic oneness of accepting, the accepter, and that which is being accepted. Dualistic bhakti systems are all about accepting eternal immersion in the spiritual ocean of blissfully ecstatic divine love. So yeah, I'd say the word "acceptance" is a sound, versatile, and useful pointer.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  12:16:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Divineis,

I GET IT I GET IT I GET IT

Acceptance is all there seems to be to do.

Could you believe that I used to blame my bad moods on a "bad session"?

HA!

Edited by - anthony574 on Apr 23 2008 12:16:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2008 :  1:32:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, "acceptance" seems to be the path and goal for me at this time. It feels GOOD.
Go to Top of Page

angel

India
6 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  05:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit angel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's exactly the point: acceptance is actually non-doing. Since our "natural" state of mind is of doing, rejecting, resisting, putting effort, the acceptance seems like something to do, it is actually the ceasing of doing, just being and surrendering to whatever is like the river... you know...
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2008 :  3:33:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, my point here is that we turn non-doing into something to do. Into something that accomplishes something.

I mean, just look at the forums, at how much is being said about "no-thing"... not that anything is wrong with that.

Or even just your post, how you're trying to teach me something about nothing... or my post, it's all the same haha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000