Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 are you mind centered or heart centered?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2008 :  9:18:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Regarding your everyday life, which would you say you are and why?

(haha, i realise this is a bit of a trick question ).

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  12:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I would have to say I lost my heart, and my mind, I think in San Francisco and other places too.

Heart and Mind are inseperable. Is that the answer to the trick question?

Mine? I couldn't tell you. Like I said they are lost. They can be found nowhere.

What about yours Divineis?
Go to Top of Page

eputkonen

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  09:02:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit eputkonen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

Regarding your everyday life, which would you say you are and why?

(haha, i realise this is a bit of a trick question ).

I have always been more heady and intellectual than feeling...and that seems to continue to be the bias. At least neither is excluded...the mind and heart work together - I do not ignore the heart. I am aware...unlike when I was younger.

Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen

Edited by - eputkonen on Apr 18 2008 09:11:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  09:37:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There have recently been moments in silence where... there has just been an intuitive notch that the mind is sinking into the heart. Very short and brief moments, but I recall that afterwards it has hit me "this is mind sinking into heart"... It is absolutely wonderful moments and impossible to describe further. Just a rest, peaceful rest, and a wholeness...
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  09:50:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find that I walk too much in the mind as well.

I stumbled upon this chakra test. I gave it a try and my results seem pretty close to what I assumed they would be based on my understanding of the chakras (which is next to nothing).

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/cha...akratest.php

I'd be interested to see what you folks thought of this test. I don't put much stock in it but it may be fun and interesting for you.

Peace
Mac
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  09:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nityananda's Teachings: The Nature of the Individual

“Sound arises in the inner sky of pure consciousness, the heart-space in the head, the sky of the heart. What manifests is Life-Power, the One.” (Sutra 37)

http://www.nityananda.us/teaching3.htm

That's someone else's answer of course
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  2:14:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

Well, I would have to say I lost my heart, and my mind, I think in San Francisco and other places too.

Heart and Mind are inseperable. Is that the answer to the trick question?

Mine? I couldn't tell you. Like I said they are lost. They can be found nowhere.

What about yours Divineis?

aha nope, you got the answer wrong, your mind's still looking to me for an answer. :P. heh, I'm just messing. The trick is that there's no trick, every answer's perfect.

As about me... I'd like to think I'm heart centered. I think everyone would. It's not a question that comes up enough methinks. I realised something similar to this while debating some political stuff with a stranger over the net the other day. The debate dealt mostly with polygamy and marriage, and I basically said, I think it's fair that if three people deeply love each other, the law should acknowledge that and give them the option to marry (I went more deeply into it than that... I tried to look at both sides, but that was the basic idea).

Her reply started something along the lines of "who's speaking of love?". It sorta dawned on me... love isn't how the world works. I mean, it is, it drives people, but it's largely guided by the mind. I think the turning point is when the mind is guided by the heart. I've had my moments of (bursting, gently EXPLODING) open hearted-ness, though the mind usually takes over shortly after... I don't mind really haha, I've been living that way all my life. That's the trick, not to mind. hahaha, yay for puns. Oh man, I'm way too entertained by my mind's "clever" thoughts haha :).

I know love's the only lasting truth, the one that never dies, it's one of those "heights" of consciousness that just snowballs. You smile at a stranger... they smile back, you're both a bit happier, they give a compliment to someone they might not of, because now they're in a slightly better mood. Then that person goes home and makes dinner for their family with a smile, the whole family thoroughly enjoys their meal. Usually fighting brother and sister, decide to get along and play a board-game, haha, I could go on indifenitly. It all starts with a genuine smile.

Which is why I chose to bypass the question and say that there's no such thing as not being "heart centered". There's just the mind looking for ways to get there. And looking is needed. No use to pretend otherwise. haha cool,I've been reading about Koans, I think I just understood "the sound of one hand clapping" in my own... current stage of development kinda way. I'd explain it, but I've already said too much

Aright peace out y'all
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2008 :  2:32:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis,

Beautiful post ... made me smile and my heart go ahhhhhhhhh

You seem to be the question meister of the forum ... maybe the next question could be something like ...

If you could only do one which would you choose ...

kechari mudra ... or a heart-connected smile

I can hear the first reply now ... the smile ... it doesn't require snipping ... ha..ha..

Love and Light,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Apr 18 2008 2:39:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2008 :  03:24:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've always dug the meaning of life question. That's always a fun one. haha, then I get the people that say "there is no meaning", and i'm all "ahh, but do you live by that" hahaha. Or something along those lines.

I think I appear "deep" to some people. I'm so far from it. I wouldn't say shallow though. "anti-deep" all the way baby :) haha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000