AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sleep
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2007 :  5:58:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
As a new AYP visitor, I was wondering about your feedback regarding the mystery of sleep. Do you awake at the yogic hour of 3 or 4 AM ready to meditate? Right at the moment of awaking from sleep, is this a time of unprecidented insights, and visions, like the perception of energy entering through the feet, passing up into the legs, filling the entire body with prana, and distending the Crown into a dome of the night sky with stars? The prana seems to be entering from below to fill our astral energy container? Do you awaken to the initial visual perception of the half moon symbol on the right of the visual field and the full moon or sun disc on the left? Then that gets accentuated for just an instant as you try to open your eyelids, but the eyelids don't want to open initially unless you try hard to open them? Is this 4AM time an especially powerful quiet hour for meditation for you, and does yoni mudra seem especially effective at this time at producing a golden ring of light, that is still visualized even with your eyes open, as you stand in the darkness? Just thought it might be interesting to compare notes. Also, though medical scientists express total ignorance as to why we need sleep, doesn't it seem that it is to replenish prana from the cosmos? Or the Heart center isa golden spiral rotating clockwiseand the hum of OM is heard best then at the time of awakening? I'd be interested if you other yogi and yoginis out there in AYP land have reached similar conclusions.

Edited by - x.j. on Dec 14 2007 6:07:09 PM

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2007 :  1:08:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Addendum: I'm just interested if other kind folks at AYP could validate that these are universal, archetypal(?) observations we all share or just some kind of personal peculiarities. There also appears to be a spiral vortex at Ajna that spins out into the distance, and I assume this is the portal for consciousness to exit the body at death of the body,... exit of the golden thread that remains in life coiled up throughout the various chakra depots. Do other people experience the abdomenal and chest chakras as the largest spirals of this golden thread too? You guys are the only ones who can corroborate these observations and I am eagerly anticipating what y'all might have to say. thanks.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  12:57:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John.

I would not say that I purposefully wake at a specific time, such as 3 or 4 am to meditate. But many times I wake naturally and begin meditating in the last moments of darkness and through the emergence of dawn. Meditating at this time often leads, in my case, to a more powerful and profound experience in pranayama, meditation and samyama. More energy emanating and moving within and filling the body.

This may merely be coincidence, having nothing to do with the time at all. Perhaps as the world still slumbers and silence pervades my meditation chamber, I simply go deeper within. Perhaps when rising later and the music and rhythms of the daily life around me and outside begins and increases, we may not go as deep. But even this is not necessarily so; since it also been my experience that no matter what time of day, our practices can lead to the most profound experiences.

Light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  1:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi John,

Sleep has also been a portal to me to deep realization since kundalini woke up a few years back (and probably before that). I have had many experiences and realizations just prior to sleep, during deep sleep and near awakening. We discussed this a while back in the forum, see here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1013#1013

Like you, I have also observed that being in and around sleep seems to make it easier to observe energy and its flow in the body.

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2007 :  11:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kathy and Anthem for your reflections on this. I think that there must be a lesson for us about the nature of awareness, in the intermediate zone between wakefulness and sleep, when we are a little awake and can view our awareness as more pure witness consciousness perhaps.
As to the mystic spirals and starry sky phenomenon, I assume these are archetypal imagery common to those amongst us who have practiced the witness consciousness through meditative practices. How they are interpreted is another matter.
Wonderful to reflect of these things together. thanks
Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  04:23:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here was my dream tonight, that I remember, at the time of awakening a few minutes ago.

There was a young man, he had blue skin. (I believe it may have been the darshan of young blue complexioned Lord Krishna.)

We were standing in a field, seems like there were cows nearby. We stood there together for a moment. It was a moment of happiness and contentmentfor me. Then, He said "Ask my anything." He was beautiful.

I said, "Tell me of Gayatri."

He replied: "Her perception shall be your bliss."

But I felt his words were somewhat beyond that and somehow indescribable in mere words, and encompassing not only bliss, but Grace,..and my own, and all of our,.. Destiny.

Edited by - x.j. on Apr 21 2008 06:47:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2008 :  11:07:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by John C

Here was my dream tonight, that I remember, at the time of awakening a few minutes ago.

There was a young man, he had blue skin. (I believe it may have been the darshan of young blue complexioned Lord Krishna.)

We were standing in a field, seems like there were cows nearby. We stood there together for a moment. It was a moment of happiness and contentmentfor me. Then, He said "Ask my anything." He was beautiful.

I said, "Tell me of Gayatri."

He replied: "Her perception shall be your bliss."

But I felt his words were somewhat beyond that and somehow indescribable in mere words, and encompassing not only bliss, but Grace,..and my own, and all of our,.. Destiny.

What a beautiful dream John. Thank you for sharing that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000