Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama - pauses between sutras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  10:33:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been doing doing samyama for like 3/4 year. Currently and also about half of this time, it's been double samyama (each sutra 4 times) + cosmic samyama.

After about the second or third sutra, I don't have much control over the 15 second pause, everything sort of merges into infinity and time fades away. This happens even more during cosmic samyama, especially after I've moved to the sutras of "earth", "sun", etc.

So do you think some effectiveness is lost by those longer pauses between the sutras? It obviously is less time effective, but what about the practice itself?

Should I favor the pause over how much I relax into the stillness?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  11:05:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tadeas

Seems like you are doing great

quote:
After about the second or third sutra, I don't have much control over the 15 second pause, everything sort of merges into infinity and time fades away. This happens even more during cosmic samyama, especially after I've moved to the sutras of "earth", "sun", etc.

This is nothing to worry about at all it happens to us all its all due to purification and opening happening in the nervous system and it will all sort itself out in time.

Here is a recent thread on the subject

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=3228#3228

Yogani covers this at some length 0n page 31 of his little book "Samyama" its well worth thinking about buying it

Edited by - Richard on Apr 13 2008 11:09:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  12:06:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Richard for that page number, I should have searched the book first :)
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2008 :  12:28:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep its all there in the book

Seriously though I do that as well something sort of bugs me and then I re-read one of the books and the answer is right there
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000