AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Yogani's Self-Inquiry Book - shifting perspective
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2008 :  10:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"I" have finally got to reading Yogani's Self Inquiry Book. "I" have really enjoyed the book, it really puts things into perspective.

"I" enjoyed a wonderful realization while reading, it was at the part where Yogani talks about mind being a thought machine, which is the way "I" have always seen it. He goes on to ask who is responsible for it and at that moment it hit "me" like a ton of bricks why "I" am here, perhaps why we are all here? It is so simple, I am here to help mind to become whole (no longer the inverse of reality), to heal mind, and by doing it here, it helps everywhere. Wow, and what better way than by being so intimately wrapped up in it!

It's funny the parts of the book I liked most were when Yogani shared his insight on self-inquiry methods and when he asked the question who is enlightened, there was a huge falling away of another chunk of identification for "me". Hence the quotes everywhere!

"I" have seen myself as pure being before, but there was still apparently some identification with "I" still going on, and something in this book which I read helped a big chunk fall away. There was fear that was blocking me, fear that there would be massive change in my life and that it would be disruptive for the relationships around me, I think this came from reading about people who had big jumps from identification to none and experienced big and often disruptive changes. I finally realized that it already always has been that way and that nothing actually changes. Nothing actually changes... just silent awareness is all that is. That is what is behind the I, that is what we are, and that is why "I" can never be enlightened.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000