New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  12:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
you meet someone and you have five minutes and can only give them three tips on how to attain enlightenment, they would be?

just a question
seeker

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  1:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Give up all control.
2. Accept everything exactly as it is.
3. Question your identity by asking the question: Who am I?
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  3:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Be with the in breath
2. Be with the out breath

Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  3:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
explain deep meditation in about a minute :)
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  3:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Surrender everything.
2. Love everyone.
3. Repeat always.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2008 :  4:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Never try to attain enlightenment - it's impossible
2. Meditate twice daily
3. Get to know thyself - question your thoughts, emotions and behavioural patterns
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  01:03:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tubeseeker

you meet someone and you have five minutes and can only give them three tips on how to attain enlightenment, they would be?

just a question
seeker

1. Use all available means (devotion, breathing, meditation, chanting, tantric practices, inquiry, etc.) to access the living silence – the aware space between thoughts and perceptions, thus exiting the conceptual prison of apparent limitation emanating from mis-identification with egoic individuality.

2. Sustain awareness from within the living silence, in (apparently) increasing increments, until:

A. There is thoughtless awareness (realization) of the True Nature of Self as this Living Silence.

B. There is thoughtless awareness (realization) that All arises from and gives rise to this Living Silence; the True Nature of Self - Consciousness & Bliss.

C. There is thoughtless awareness (realization) that the source of this ever-fresh, ever-living reality - the source of the Living Silence of True Nature, which is indicated by the terms "Enlightenment", "Ultimate" or "Supreme" - cannot be known; the exquisite, utter freedom of liberation in this life can only be … living, nowbeing, now -loving, now as ever.

3. Welcome Home. Enjoy Living, Unbound.

AUM Hridayam - Heart Is Where the AUM Is,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  02:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

1) "Listen up!"

2) "Stop looking at the clock!"

3) "This will cost everything!"

(Sorry, just joking around )
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  08:27:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Stay still
2. Stay present
3. Stay awake

I like Meg's answer too!
Go to Top of Page

eputkonen

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  09:01:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit eputkonen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg's answer is pretty close to what I would say.

1. Let go of everything and cease doing.

There is not anything you can call "mine". Also cease making effort, Enlightenment is the "natural state" - so to speak. There is nothing you can do to regain a natural state. Also, the concept of "I am the doer" is an obstacle...let that go as well. In letting to, let go of the past and future...cease refering to either unless necessary to the task at hand.

2. Accept what is as it is for as long as it is.

Resistance to what is not only causes our suffering,b ut also reinforces and stengthens the ego.

3. Inquire - "who am I?"

If you are seeking..."who is the seeker"...the answer being "I am" and then ask "who am I?" When a thought arises ask "To whom does this thought or thoughts arise?"...and "to me"...and then ask "who am I?" In this way all thoughts are destroyed and there is a constant turning inward.

Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen

Edited by - eputkonen on Mar 25 2008 09:15:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

jupiter

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2008 :  6:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit jupiter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Simplify your life and meditate
2. Cultivate deeper and deeper awareness
3. Let go

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  1:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
EMC's and Kirtanman's posts resonate with me, here's my perspective:

1- Desire - cultivate a tremendous desire to awaken and end suffering.

2- Use every tool you can find: inquiry, the 8 limbs of yoga built on a foundation of deep meditation.

3- Embrace the flow of reality as your highest ideal, live in the here and now with your entire being.
Go to Top of Page

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  1:20:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1 dont harbour any thought
2 " " " "
3 " " " "

(from Nisargadatta, Tolle, Sri Aurobindo etc.)
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2008 :  8:42:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I'll try again:

You are the awareness in which all things appear and disappear. All of these "things" include your individual identity; perceptions, thoughts, emotions, physical objects; the dance of energetic manifestation that shimmers within the awareness that you are.

Ultimately there is no temporal, energetic thing that keeps you separated from That awareness you are, excepting your temporary fascination with things.

Reside as the space of awareness in which the temporary fascination of things plays and enjoy the life that happens ever new, holding onto nothing, for no-thing is what you are.

Edited by - Balance on Mar 28 2008 8:50:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  08:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Favor twice daily AYP practice.

Favor Self Inquiry during the day.

Favor full engagement in all aspects of daily life.
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  10:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eat light and nutritious.
Meditate twice a day.
Be active.

Guy
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  1:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by robertjames

Eat light and nutritious.
Meditate twice a day.
Be active.

Guy

I love this one
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  2:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Balance:

Glad you like it. I have to tell you a quickie. Right after reading Yogani's book Diet Shatkarma's and Amaroli, I e-mailed him to say how much I enjoyed the read. I also said, "So, all we have to do is to eat light and nutritious, meditate 2X daily, and be active? His reply to me was. "That's the ticket" Sounded real good to me. So, I always try to remind myself of this and to keep it simple.

Guy
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2008 :  3:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful! As Yogani likes to say: "K.I.S.S.--Keep It Simple Stupid!"
Go to Top of Page

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  05:23:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A student leaves his zen-master and asked him to write down some tips on a paper. The master wrote : "attention".
Again the student gives the paper to the master to write down another tip. The master wrote again :"attention".
For the third time he gives the paper to the master and again the master wrote " attention".
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  05:40:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thimus, I like that one! Gosh, the attention is what is lost when we fall asleep and go into illusion again! The only EFFORT we have to do is to keep the attention on what's real! And that can be very tiresome when we are very muddy! It's easier and more comfortable to go to sleep again...

Attention! Very good! Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

thibaud05

France
86 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  06:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. Give 100 blows to the Buddha
2. Give 100 hugs to the Buddha
3. Repeat at will

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2008 :  11:59:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1) Increase your bhakti, desire, devotion to God, or your highest ideal.

2) Fearlessly let things be, and Thank God whenever possible for any reason, and you will begin to see even bad things have their place.

3) Turn your thoughts to God all day long as often as you can.

everything will change in incomprehensible, awesome ways!
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2008 :  12:49:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I totally forgot about making this topic. Thanks for the great responses, seems there are a lot of similarities. Hey thimus what was the answer for the fouth time that the student gave the paper to the master? ;)
Go to Top of Page

Nancy

USA
71 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  12:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nancy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
BE STILL IN LOVE AND YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER YOURSELF
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2008 :  04:47:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1) forgive yourself and others.

2) love love love

3) be present in the moment (old testament: be still and know that i am god)

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000