Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Dramatic Changes in Dream State
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maatsuah

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  3:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Maatsuah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have had a lot of changes in my dreams ever since I started meditating with AYP. I also feel as though I intuitively know what many of my dreams are telling me as well.

I have been consistenly meditating for almost a year with AYP. Before I was meditating, I did not really think about reading in my dreams. Even when I did occasionaly pick up a book in a dream, it just had odd symbols in it that moved around. After about 5 or 6 months of meditating I started to feel as though I was receiving lessons on how to read in my dream state. I would sit at a typewriter in one of my dreams and type my name. I would say every letter while I was typing my name out and that was all the dream consisted of. After a few more weeks I was starting to read whole paragraphs in dreams. Then one day I was given three pages on information in a dream and I just sat and read the entire three pages. I even saw a detailed picture of the tow woman I was reading about in the dream and all of the wonderful things they were doing to save a river. That is all the dream was about.

Now, everytime someone dies in my family, I immediately see them in my dreams. I have also had a lot more visits from all of my relatives that have passed away. One of them even introduced my to someone I'd never seen before that she claimed was a relative of mine and this person looked so clear to me. I don't really know if these visits are really from relatives but I am getting a lot more of them since I started meditating.

I also receive feedback when I am overdoing my meditations in my dreams. I was doing twenty minutes of pranayama for a few weeks and I also decided to just focus on each chakra for one minute a piece despite Yogani's admonitions regarding this. In a dream I had a short while later, I was in my mother's kitchen. She came into the kitchen and opened the stove. Flames shot out of the stove. A snake poked his head out of the oven as though it could not stand the heat and a fish look very weary from inside a frying pan in the stove. I went into the basemet and saw that several ceiling lights of various colors were flashing uncontrollably off and on. I looked at the control swich on the wall of the basemet. I woke up and immediately felt as I understood the dream. The snake was telling me the kundalini was getting to warm and I felt like my third eye, the fish, was not fairing to well either so I cut back to 10 minutes of pramayama. I also remembered the flashing lights in the basement and immediately understood that I should leave my chakras alone as Yogani had stated many times. That is why I looked at the control panel on the basement wall as the different colored lights flashed on and off. I was doing just fine with the pranayama and did not need to bother the individual chakras.

Lately, I've had a few dreams that suggest to me that I am eating too much fat and would have better meditations if I cut back on my fatty foods.

One time I got on the train coming home from work and was sitting with my eyes closed waiting for the train to start when I saw a very clear black and white alchemical mandala before my eyes. I was not asleep at all. I could even read the some of the Latin words that were on the mandala.

Another time I got on the train and closed my eyes. I saw the star of David although I was wide awake. It was a dramatic blue on top of a bright yellow background and it pulsated as though it were alive. I have never seen colors this bright in real life or even a dream before I saw this. I had a flash of intuiion that said this thing is real and autonomous. It seemed to be communicating with me.

I won't get into all the tunnel stuff. There is so much happening with that phenonmenon that you guys would get bored with the long posts.

I know that we must always focus on the meditations and not the results, however, I seem to have more things happening to me afer I meditate than while I am meditating.

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  8:04:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing :)

When experiences like that come up, I think it's best not to get too distracted and handle them from within the silence. But you probably know that :)

I don't get visits from relatives in my dreams, but I often see complex geometrical patterns or mandalas, stars and such things during the day. I enjoy them and let them pass.

Self-pace and enjoy :)
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  12:30:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Maatsuah, I enjoyed your dream and you may be interested in this article, since it offers a Hindu, Taoist, Tibetan Buddhism, Sufism, Jungian, et al, view on dreaming:

quote:

Magazine: Yoga Journal
Issue: January/February 1997
Author: Peter Ochiogrosso

DREAM YOGA

MASTERS OF THIS ESOTERIC PRACTICE TELL US WE CAN WAKE UP FROM LIFE'S DREAM WHILE WE'RE ASLEEP.

http://www.natural-connection.com/r...am_yoga.html

Take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Mar 19 2008 03:31:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  07:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The funny thing about such dreams/visions are they rarely provide enough information for us to decipher it fully. For example, recently when i was meditating for some time and opened my eyes, a tablet with bunch of complex equations was projected from my third eye area. But before i could read and decipher it was gone. Einstein was lucky, he saw a small equation (e=mc2) in his vision

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Maatsuah

USA
33 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  08:48:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maatsuah's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the article VIL. I know nothing about dream yoga but maybe I will start keeping a dream journal and looking into dream yoga. I don't believe that would detract from my meditation routine.

Hey Ajna. I have a feeling that in the future that table will stay in view longer than it has now if you keep at it. I sometimes feel that there if a strong tendency to downplay some of the things that are happening to us as a result of our meditation and for good reason. I fully agree that becoming to involved with dreams and visions will distract from our longterm important goal. I also think that immediately treating every experience as scenery is an extreme that will not fullfill every person's needs for self discovery. There is a meaningful place for a lot of the things we experience as a result of meditation. As intuitive meditators I think we should make more decisions as to what's importatnt and is distracting.

Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  11:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Maatsuah

Hey Ajna. I have a feeling that in the future that table will stay in view longer than it has now if you keep at it. I sometimes feel that there if a strong tendency to downplay some of the things that are happening to us as a result of our meditation and for good reason. I fully agree that becoming to involved with dreams and visions will distract from our longterm important goal. I also think that immediately treating every experience as scenery is an extreme that will not fullfill every person's needs for self discovery. There is a meaningful place for a lot of the things we experience as a result of meditation. As intuitive meditators I think we should make more decisions as to what's importatnt and is distracting.

Agreed, you said it all. For example, it would have been a loss if Einstein ignored his vision of the most famous equation.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  12:57:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That's it. Dreams are like that. Some are of the varieties of suppressed thought throughout the day, some factual, some prophetic. Where past, present, future are the same, just like this reality, which corresponds to the dream.

And it made me think of yogani speaking about Oprah Winfrey and getting Advanced Yoga Practices out there to the public. Which is truly the same thing that Tolle, Adyashanti and Deepok Choprah are all doing. This same thing that every spiritual tradition teaches, also, from Buddha, Baha'u'llah, Muhammad, Sri Krishna, Christ, Moses, Zoraster, et al.

That's my perception of the dream, that it is just dressed differently as Aristotle once said. And it made me think of your previous dream of spiders, ajna, and some say that this is a universal dream symbol that everything is going to turn out for the greater good.

Jung said that there are universal dream symbols, and it made me wonder if it's something that people are doing with Samadhi by being absorbed within the moment, while subconscious impressions are affecting the dream state - although unaware. While others are also absorbed within the moment and active within the dream, by being aware of the symbols, but not the process, being lucid, or actively participating.

Anyway, dreams are often like that and we don't need to know how they are organized within the deep recesses of the brain, but can have a positive affect by drawing people to the silent witness within all of us, like here at AYP.

It's like you said, ajna, speaking of Einstein.

"I'm thrilled to be reading this book and anticipating this online international phenomenon. While reading the first chapter when I got to the section about the the flowering of human consciousness I was intrigued with the section about the shift in consciousness being necessary to recognize and eliminate the dysfunction in our lives. Within the past few years, I have been enlightened enough to realize that everything that is essential to live is already within us, our spirituality is within, it communicates with us by our senses, our intuition. Everything is already within, the journey is to discover and embrace who we are. (read The Little Prince.) When I went to find a bookmark for this book, I found a piece of paper in one of my notebooks at the bottom of my purse. *It was a quote from Einstein I had written down years ago: "The problems that face us cannot be solved at the same level of consciousness that created them."* Nothing is a coincidence..."

http://www.oprah.com/community/thre...hn0?tstart=0

Take care:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Mar 19 2008 1:26:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  11:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

Hey, Maatsuah, I enjoyed your dream and you may be interested in this article, since it offers a Hindu, Taoist, Tibetan Buddhism, Sufism, Jungian, et al, view on dreaming:
http://www.natural-connection.com/r...am_yoga.html

Hey,

I suggest reading one of the best book written on the subject by Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche who is a Tibetan Bon Po master:
- The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep
Please note there are two yogas, one where you wake up during a dream (lucid dreaming) and one when you wake up during deep sleep (lucid deep sleep). These yogas belongs to the 6 yogas of Naropa and you can make powerful steps by practicing them.

Albert
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  12:53:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by VIL

And it made me think of your previous dream of spiders, ajna, and some say that this is a universal dream symbol that everything is going to turn out for the greater good.

I didn't know about this interpretation. Thanks for sharing this.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2008 :  08:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem, ajna, and thanks Albert:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  11:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

My sleep has been unusual lately, not so much about the dream topics, but the quality of my dreams. It is as if the nature of "me" is the same waking or sleeping. Like Wherever I go there I am. It can be so ordinary, not unpleasant, just same old same old. Is this the witness? If it is, I am not sure I'm not pretty boring on a very deep level.

Love to all,
Jill
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2008 :  11:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jillatay

Hi All,

My sleep has been unusual lately, not so much about the dream topics, but the quality of my dreams. It is as if the nature of "me" is the same waking or sleeping. Like Wherever I go there I am. It can be so ordinary, not unpleasant, just same old same old. Is this the witness? If it is, I am not sure I'm not pretty boring on a very deep level.

Love to all,
Jill

Is this the witness? aha, what a crazy question, of course it is. It's always been right under your nose, all the time. The witness is there right now. It's even there witnessing us get caught up in drama and such, witnessing us forgetting about our natural state of being that's in touch with the witness.

Stop looking for it and it's found. Zen is such a beautiful thing :) haha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000