AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 overdose khechari ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

greenyogi

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2008 :  9:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit greenyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi very recently I find out that I can swallow my tongue and perform Khechari stage 2 without the help of my fingers if I stretch my tongue in an extended period after I wake up in the morning. So now I pretty much play with the Khechari all days. and have it in my nasal cavity

1)Will this got overdose?
2)I feel somewhat not very comfortable in my sinus perhaps I keep my tongue there for too long. Any similar experience and solution?
3)I explore my nasal cavity with my tongue, the texture is kind of interesting. I havent able to do the Nadi Sodanna from the back yet. Nevertheless this is my goal. Any suggestion for that?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2008 :  09:57:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Greenyogi.
Awesome day to welcome a Green Yogi-St. Patrick's day

Kechari is a very powerful practice. It takes a little time to ease into this practice, so if you have just started off, take it easy. Overload can hit you without any warning.. so better safe than sorry. Start off with doing it only during your sitting practices like pranayama and/or meditation.. later you can increase your time gradually. Some people at the forum, practice kechari through the day and don't have any problems with overload.. some however find it too powerful and overload even if they only practice kechari during sitting practices. Each person is different.. so you will have to find your comfort level.

Since you are new to this practice, it will take you a bit of time to get used to all the feelings and sensations.. the uncomfortable feeling in your sinuses will go away.. just take it easy.. there is no rush.

Alternate nostril breathing/nadi shodana/anulom vilom pranayama can be done when in stage 4 kechari.
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/108.html
Stage 4 : Entering the nasal passages from inside and moving upward
beyond the top of the pharynx toward the point between the eyebrows.

This had been discussed in these topic:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=1288#8974
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=2795#24494

Do take it slow.. there really is no rush in reaching stage 4. Just get comfortable with stage 2.

Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Mar 17 2008 09:59:56 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000