Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 using breath to cultivate energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2008 :  5:36:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
With a certain style of breathing and muscle movement (it's more intuitive than anything, a little tough to explain, basically, I tend to focus on the energy moving downwards when I breath out, and help this energy along using my muscles), I find I can cultivate energy rather effectively in my navel chakra. By speeding up the process, I can almost achieve orgasm just by moving energy, it actually almost feels better than orgasm in a way.

I was wondering if lightly doing the above, not so aggressively that i'm a store-house of purely sexual energy... would this be good to practice before my spinal breathing? This way I'd have a certain "energy reserve" to aid the process of purification.

Of course, I'd watch out for any signs of overdoing (my head tends to spin in a clockwise motion(in relation to the ground) throughout the day as an early sign... am also curious if others get this, I've never read about it anywhere).

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  2:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Divineis, and a belated welcome!

Of course, it is up to you what you may try in the way of energy exercises in relation to the AYP practices. You are wise to keep self-pacing in mind.

On the rotating head, it looks like some automatic yoga occurring in the form of chin pump (dynamic jalandhara). Check the main website topic index for lessons on this practice. Also check "automatic yoga" there. Just because we are having some automatic yoga does not mean to charge ahead into that. We can regard automatic yoga to be part of the scenery resulting from purification and opening. We just continue to favor our regular routine of practice over the experiences that come up, and take it one step at time with additions. More self-pacing.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2008 :  9:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i can do something similar and i consider myself to be quite a beginner when it comes to energy. sometimes when im relaxed i kind of do a chest-tightensing thing to send energy to the belly where i gentlu bring "in" the ab muscles and i tend to feel the effect in the perineum.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2008 :  03:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the replies. ANd thanks for the welcoming yogani. It's been a joy reading your stuff :).

Just went through the automatic yoga lesson.

I think you might be right with the head circling being something automatic yoga related, it's a really really little movement during the day though when I meditate, my neck and upper torso tend to go through automatic yoga a fair bit.

Thanks again, you've been a great help on my path.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  3:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I am finding with increased energy activity that if I do a sort of squeeze with my shoulder blades I get an energy rush to the chest. If on exhalation I do yogic-breathing, which involves basically a "deflating" of the torso in a smooth way from the top of chest to the bottom of the abdomen, I get an energy rush downward that I can feel travel down my chest into my belly like what Divineis said.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000