Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 incarnation in another's body while meditating?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  4:32:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Ananda. You're a good soul.

Namaste:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  5:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Before

Vedanta

Now nothing
I hardly meditate

It still works

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  6:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hehe nothing works, I hear ya Neesha...

Hmm, about telepathy though, it's a silly useless skill haha. Seriously, even if you had it, and knew that you were thinking what somebody else was thinking... what if they changed their minds 30 seconds later, and you stopped telepathizing 45 seconds before that, and then bam... here, you think you're "above illusion", because you have this power granted to you from "seeing through illusion", but here you are stuck right back in the middle of it all.

Siddhi's... I don't believe em, I do in a way... it's all a Siddhi, this whole "awareness becoming more aware of itself", that's the only "Siddhi" to me. I think it's a tricky topic, because when speaking of awareness, its way too easy to make something so simple sound miraculous, liiike...

I could say, "I know where everything is all at once" and I wouldn't be lying. It's all on that knife edge between perception and the "now moment"(even though they're the same, but... for explanations sake, gotta make a distinction somewhere... right? I think? haha), right where I am too, and... yes, any of it is available to me at any moment, because... I'm right there too. You could be "realised" and say something like this, and to some "unrealised dude" it's just like "whoaaa, trippy, superpowers", but then the realised dude is all "no man, it's just this, here, what you've always known... it's that fig newton cookies" and then the unrealised dude is all "oh, well that's boring", and then enlightened dude is all "yup, it's the boring part too"... I'm not really sure where I'm going with this.

hmm, I guess... we're more the same than we think, so obviously we can intuit what others are thinking, and obviously some of it will be spot on, and obviously, given our beautiful egos, we'd like to think we're special because of it, and that can only go on for so long.

I think the main thing with stuff like telepathy, it's sort of like getting a grasp on the fact that your thoughts aren't actually tied down to a "me"... except when you tied them down to themselves. So when someone says "there is no I", I think your brains kinda bound to fight back in a way and start tying itself down to the "them" instead of the "I"... it's all the same though, it's just a bunch of scenery... but scenery's nice sometimes haha, I dunno what kind of scenery you all like... sunsets are nice :).

Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2008 :  9:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Ananda: a friend of mine she's a woman that goes into deep meditations usually and suddenly she thinks about a certain person in her deep meditations and then she incarnates in them and lives in there body and experience and knows everything they're having.

Have you ever invited your friend to AYP?

Namaste:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2008 :  02:04:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dear Vil yes i gave her the link but too bad she doesn't speak english only arabic.

she's like 45 years old from saudi arabia and at her days they weren't teaching english a lot but today stuff are different.

dear Neesha thks for the update.

Divineis :), whenever i read your posts i say to myself damn this man must be as high as a kite hhehehe.

but the thing is that i seem to understand most of your nonsence which makes sence hehehe.

tc my friend and stay as you are as high as a kite, you are inpiring us all to be as one hehehe.

enlightened or not enlightened, to live or not to live who cares this life is but a figment of the imagination. (kamal joumblat)

but dear Divineis i most point out smthg about what your behavior, which is that it might lead into looney toons land and this is a probability ofcourse bcz i don't know if you are always like this.

and i've seen this on a lot of suffis here, we call them al majazib where they get into these cases of extreme ecstacy and laughter and caring not caring who knows who what then does it not but it does make sense haha.

even that kind of stuff upthere needs self pacing, that's an advice hope you'll take but who am i kidding you are probably laughing while you're reading this hehehe.

tc my friends.

namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

UniversalMind

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  09:13:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit UniversalMind's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi folk's,
I actually get this from time to time! I didn't know it was a Siddhi though. What happens is suddenly i feel as though i am someone else, i have been friends and some famous people. It only happens for a split second, i don't hear any thought's or have any feeling's, Just a realization i am someone else then pop! i am myself again, although i get a quick visual image of the person i am. The thing is also that it doesn't feel strange! you do feel as though you are that person and it's totally natural.

God Bless.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2008 :  2:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ananda, I appreciate it, I do indeed have a lot of "wayward energy". Often times it just really really doesn't matter what I'm "observing" and it's just like the observer is content to laugh and play with everything, it feels like tingles in my mouth sometimes just waiting for something, anything (literally, anything haha) to come under my awareness and let that smile burst forth. It definetly seems like a good thing, but I've cut way back on meditation and take a moment to ground myself whenever I feel that sort of energy coming on too strongly. Thank you for being open an honest though, I really appreciate it :).
Go to Top of Page

shankar

Norway
35 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2008 :  10:02:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit shankar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

VIL wrote:Anyway, I know of a person who provided a really great emotional opening for me, recently, (identical to your friend) since I was force feeding meditation and I was upset that meditation was equated with smoking pot.
quote:

Dear VIL,

I have been "away" for a while, but right now, you are very much in my thoughts. My love to you, brother.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2008 :  5:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Divineis. I think NOT floating away via levitation is as much a siddhi as floating away in levitation or anything else. this whole existence is a Siddhi!
Namaste
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello universal, carsonzi, divineis plus shankar and thk you guys for dropping by.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  5:33:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ps. your friends vulcan mind melding is possible methinks. I'm pretty sure I've done it, though near the person's involved... and I'm far from enlightened, and thus, I usually reflect what they want from me in a way, they're desires from me... or guide them beyond that desire. It feels like a strong pressure at the back of the head, like between the crown, and that point that sticks out from the back of your head. It just kind of happens... I have no control over it really... though looking at the person in particular, sort of tunes in on it or something like that. When it did happen, i'd usually look around, find the person, and do my best to guide them out of whatever desire they have towards me. That's the thing, it always involves them, and a certain desire towards me.

doesn't really happen anymore these days though. Been really working on grounding myself. Telepathy, mind reading, sending\receiving thoughts, anything of the sort... do yourselfs a favor, and stay away from that stuff. It's done some good... though it's also done some bad... and if I could go back, I would of just treated it all as scenery. Siddhis are stupid. stupid stupid stupid. And if it takes you guys a siddhi or two to learn that, then so be it, but trust me, you'll see, they're stupid stupid stupid hehe. Even when you think you're doing good, using whatever siddhi, it will blow up in your face, and then... siddhi=stupid stupid stupid.

hehe, I just gotta say it one more time... siddhi's= stupid stupid stupid. hahaha

anyone trying to attain a certain siddhi, please ask "and then what?" for once you actually do. And then don't believe whatever nonsense your mind makes up, and remember my mantra of siddhi's=... :). And if you accidently get a siddhi, then forget about it, go on with your practices, and... remember my mantra once again. Once you're enlightened, then maybe, I'd say, go ahead, use your siddhi's, but by then, you'll be all "why, what's the point?"... which is sorta how siddhi's come in the first place, they come when you don't actually want them. haha, I dare you siddhi searchers to make that your technique to attain them hahaha :P.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  9:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Divineis,

I don't understand why people "hates" so much the siddhis, if Jesus used them a lot, he walked on water, healed a lot of people, converted water into wine, and many things that its supossed that he had made. Aren't all these siddhis ? Wasn't he enlightened ?
I think the siddhis that Jesus used had a point, a point that we don't understand.

Most of people don't like to stop on siddhis, but they seem to forget that Jesus used them all the time, and that he was very enlightened.

I think they are a grace of the enlightenment state, in my opinion.

Why to see them as a blockage to the enlightenment path ?

If not a grace, why does Jesus used them so much ?

He used them when he wanted or needed, was not caught up on that, but was a very powerful tool for him, we know him thanks to the siddhis that he made, among other things.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Divineis

ps. your friends vulcan mind melding is possible methinks. I'm pretty sure I've done it, though near the person's involved... and I'm far from enlightened, and thus, I usually reflect what they want from me in a way, they're desires from me... or guide them beyond that desire. It feels like a strong pressure at the back of the head, like between the crown, and that point that sticks out from the back of your head. It just kind of happens... I have no control over it really... though looking at the person in particular, sort of tunes in on it or something like that. When it did happen, i'd usually look around, find the person, and do my best to guide them out of whatever desire they have towards me. That's the thing, it always involves them, and a certain desire towards me.

doesn't really happen anymore these days though. Been really working on grounding myself. Telepathy, mind reading, sending\receiving thoughts, anything of the sort... do yourselfs a favor, and stay away from that stuff. It's done some good... though it's also done some bad... and if I could go back, I would of just treated it all as scenery. Siddhis are stupid. stupid stupid stupid. And if it takes you guys a siddhi or two to learn that, then so be it, but trust me, you'll see, they're stupid stupid stupid hehe. Even when you think you're doing good, using whatever siddhi, it will blow up in your face, and then... siddhi=stupid stupid stupid.

hehe, I just gotta say it one more time... siddhi's= stupid stupid stupid. hahaha

anyone trying to attain a certain siddhi, please ask "and then what?" for once you actually do. And then don't believe whatever nonsense your mind makes up, and remember my mantra of siddhi's=... :). And if you accidently get a siddhi, then forget about it, go on with your practices, and... remember my mantra once again. Once you're enlightened, then maybe, I'd say, go ahead, use your siddhi's, but by then, you'll be all "why, what's the point?"... which is sorta how siddhi's come in the first place, they come when you don't actually want them. haha, I dare you siddhi searchers to make that your technique to attain them hahaha :P.

Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  11:29:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah, I don't hate siddhi's, just how they can turn one off the path. Really, they're just natural occurences, kinda like how man made this monitor in front of me... they should be seen as such, but they aren't, but whatever.

I dunno, I think it's foolish to be after them though, to want them. I reckon only someone in a state of samadhi or highly cultivated inner silence could use them wisely enough. I ain't there yet, so until then, I hold my "siddhi's=stupid stupid stupid" mindset :) haha.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  02:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hy neli i agree with you there's no need to hate them or to love them, if they come that's good and if they don't that's k too.

but if they come and we get attached to them and think wow i'm there there's and it's enough then that's as divineis mentioned "siddhi's=stupid stupid stupid" lolz.

namaste my friends,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  11:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Ananda,

I agree with you and with Divineis that we must not get caught up by them, but if they come, why not to use them ? I mean Jesus used them a lot, and was not caught up by them, or was he ?

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

hy neli i agree with you there's no need to hate them or to love them, if they come that's good and if they don't that's k too.

but if they come and we get attached to them and think wow i'm there there's and it's enough then that's as divineis mentioned "siddhi's=stupid stupid stupid" lolz.

namaste my friends,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Nagarjuna

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  03:24:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nagarjuna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings!

I am posting on this thread because I do not have enough posts to email Ananda personally. I joined this forum solely to talk to Ananda about his fascinating posts re his Saudi lady friend who is able to practice parkaya pravesh, i.e. incarnating in another's body. This siddhi is quite real, well-known in Hindu literature (e.g. note Shankara's famous use of it), and called trong-jug in Tibet, where it was formerly an integral component of the Six Yogas of Naropa and has a very long and colorful history. I have made a lifelong study of this siddhi because abuse of it (not by me) literally shattered my life over forty years ago.

Normally, the practice of this siddhi is cloaked in profound secrecy by those yogis and sadhaks who know of it first-hand because of its unusually high potential for serious abuse.

Would you be kind enough to discuss more about your friend and her meditative practices with me privately (or publicly here, if you like) in order to further enlarge my understanding of this power and its active siddhas. In turn, I would be happy to share any and all information I have learned concerning it. If Ananda - or anyone who has non-speculative knowledge of parkaya pravesh - emails me, I will happily reciprocate.

Thanks to all members for your patience, time, and thoughtful consideration; I do appreciate it!

Cordially,
Nagarjuna
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  03:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum, Nagarjuna.
I hope you look around and find other things of interest also.
Your story sounds very interesting.

Edited by - Etherfish on Mar 14 2009 03:53:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  04:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Nagarjuna, and welcome to the forums.

concerning my Saudi friend she didn't have such a nice time with this siddhi, it didn't happen with her at will and when it did happen the feeling was very uncomfortable for her inside the other person's body.

she's a devout muslim and back then she used to pray a lot plus practice a bit of reiki and yoga but if my memory serves me right a lot of the scenary she used to experience just stopped with her when she met someone whom presence didn't have such a nice effect on her life.

i'll ask her about it again for you and get back with a reply to this topic to see if she had any update with it.

until then we would like it if you could share some of your knowledge and experience with us on the subject plus there are a lot more interesting stuff you may find if you look arround this website starting from the main lessons http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html.

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  05:00:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
by the way my friend used to meditate on the 99 names of Allah and this is a suffi practice in essence:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety...mes_of_Allah
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2009 :  08:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting discussion.

It fits with rapport building at the extremes. Sometimes i have clients engage with perceptual positioning. That is putting themselves into the position of another person (or several people) and then taking a fly on the wall approach to evaluate a situation.

During rapport building it is easily possible to build total rapport with someone who is asleep, or who has their backs to you (if you really do this well, the effect on the other person is amazing. I have demonstrated this to several doubters).

During therapy sessions it is necessary to build a strong rapport, such as you begin to have a total empathy with the person. So much so that you can often end up taking on their own particular problems in a way that can be very baffling for a therapist to get to grips with. This is often described as 'own stuff coming up to the surface', but it many ways you are experiencing the direct feelings of another person.

It would not suprise me that you could develop deep rapport over distance that would be similar or stronger. However I doubt you could ever experience life exactly from another persons point of view. I think that would be so mind bending that the likelyhood of being able to do so would be none existent.

So, yes, I have experienced deep rapport and can demonstrate it. I have also experienced perceptual positioning which gives an inkling and more about what someone else was feeling at the time of an interaction (and it does not matter how long after the event this was). Essentially you can put yourself in the same general space as another person, but total conscious merger.....I doubt that big time.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2009 :  2:06:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have experienced being completely in someone else's body and living their reality. At the time i had no knowledge of the body I have now. I was just somebody else for a few minutes. I assumed i was remembering a past life, but there was no evidence at all to support that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000