Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 Tears
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  10:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I’m listening to “Parama Karuna” by Rasa at work and I’m having a hard time holding back the tears. The singer seems to be able to draw me into her private world of divine devotion until I feel that I am part of the process. I don’t understand the tears.

Last week I entered into a wonderful meditative state during the drive to work. I could feel the energy moving up to my head and my eyes moved skyward. Goosebumps covered my head, back and arms and a cold shiver shook my body. I thought the prayer/mantra, “Thank you God” to myself, over and over again. A few small tears made their way onto my cheeks. They had the most extraordinary quality – almost like eucalyptus. As they dried I had a ”Vick’s vapor rub” –type sensation on my face. I felt drained.

Has anyone else experienced this type of bhakti?

aum namaste,
Joe

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  6:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. I experience similar tears of devotion when listening to spiritual music. The tears are sometimes accompanied by visions of my beloved Guruji smiling and gently placing his hands on my crown center.

I use my commuting time in my car as a time for listening to spiritual music and remembering Ram. Tears of devotion come from time to time.

The tears come from a place beyond words and thoughts, and when they leave, they leave behind a heart and a mind and a consciousness more pure, more luminous, and more blissful than before...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000