Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Progress :)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2008 :  11:23:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,
I have to tell someone...

I received my first Reiki attunement this last weekend. The Reiki practitioner was worried about me becoming imbalanced and she said that getting the attunements would help open blockages, give me more energy and help stabilize me. It was quite an interesting experience and although I had no blockages, my enery flow has become more intense and more easily directed.

A few days ago, I noticed that when I focused my eyes at a certain point (sambhavi), it felt like there is a force field of tingly energy around my genitals. I was kind of surprised when I discovered this. The focal point is higher than just the brow between my eyes. Over the past three days, the tingles have become more pronounced and pleasurable.

I have been practicing Breath of Fire and locking the lower three chakras (banhas) too. Contracting the lower three chakras produces a lot of heat in my head. So does the Breath of Fire. After Breath of Fire, my left nostril feels very hot and it feels like it blows hot air. I have been following these practices with the Deep Silence Meditation and then Samyama.

Today's practice was just amazing. I did 10 minutes of Breath of Fire followed by the root lock for 3 minutes and then tried to do Deep Silence meditation. I can't meditate anymore. I mean, I do Sambhavi (roll my eyes up) and I get turned on, except that the pleasure comes as a solid stream rising upwards towards my brow. Even after my practice session, I just focus my eyes up there and it flows. Cooking supper, I just stand there, focus, and bingo! I think I am experiencing the rise of ecstatic conductivity. My god, this stuff really works!

Yes, it is a big distraction during meditation. I don't mind right now, although I do like deep silence and visions and things, I had no idea that I could flow like that for long periods of time just by focussing on that spot in my forehead.
Pretty neat stuff Yogani!

TI

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2008 :  01:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,

Thank you for you many thoughtful and informative postings. I am enjoying them very much.

In the spirit of clarity for other forum readers also enjoying your posts, I felt it important to comment on this posting. As you mentioned receiving a Reiki attunement and have so eloquently spoken on a variety of related subjects including your purchasing of Irmansyah's book on Reiki Tummo and your experience with the grounding technique described in that book, and utilizing some of the other information Irmansyah wrote about via your own initiatives vs the Reiki Tummo attunement and workshop instruction, I felt it important to clearly mention to the forum readers that the reiki attunement you received was not the Reiki Tummo attunement so that there would not be any confusion. This is not being said to in any way detract from the benefit you received in your attunement.

I trust each of us will choose the path, teachings-attunements-initiations-etc that we are called to and follow and practice them with our best understanding. It is clear that your nervous system and the inner workings of your spiritual anatomy are opening up in a variety of ways as your sharings and postings describe. From your writings, one sees that you are incorporating practices-techniques from a variety of traditions and integrating them through your own judgement-insight-experience of what you consider best for yourself.

As you have shared a number of experiences, practices and insights of many different things, I just wanted the other readers to realize that the experiences that you are describing in this posting regarding your reiki attunement, the 'Breath of Fire', sambhavi, focussing in the forehead are not part of the Reiki Tummo practices. The nature of the kundalini flow, the connection with the core of the earth and the blessings and working of Divine Source's Love that guide the Reiki Tummo processes are all activated and directed through the love-connection that is established between our spiritual heart and Divine Source. This is a distinctly different process from that which you describe herein. It is not my intention to promote Reiki Tummo here or direct attention away from your wonderful posting so I will just conclude with that note. As much is being shared in these forums, I felt it best to do so to help ensure that readers do not inadvertently confuse the two approaches. One involves a surrender and reliance on Divine Source to take charge via the Heart-Love connection we have with our creator. The other relies more heavily on our own efforts.

I applaud you on your journey and wish you the best with all results. I have been finding your postings very genuine and informative and look forward to following them in your future reports.

Much Love to you always,

Steve

Edited by - Steve on Feb 29 2008 10:37:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  12:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Steve

I trust each of us will choose the path, teachings-attunements-initiations-etc that we are called to and follow and practice them with out best understanding.

Hi Steve
Singular? One path? Many paths lead to God. The paths can entertwine. Or better yet, maybe no path is best. We are already all part of God, we only have to realize that.

We call ourselves, nobody calls us. The God within us calls itself.

Yogananda said that when energy enters the body, it goes to the heart (in the interpretation of the B Gita). He said that it is much easier to bring the lower energies up by mastering the heart. 3 below and 3 above.. 313 The heart is the 1.

Hi Everyone
Yes, the Reiki attunement was an Usui attunement. It is important to maintain the fine disctinctions between the many types of Reiki.

It was very interesting! Here is a recount:

I drove to the small farmhouse in the country. When I got out of the car, the two large dogs were very friendly and I petted them. Then they ran off to sniff the bushes. I knocked on the door. The Reiki Master (I'll call her Joan) made a comment that it was very strange that the dogs did not bark. She said that usually they will bark at least once or twice when anyone drives up.

We (Joan and her assistant) had a cup of tea and I was shown around the house, which was 75 years old and made of hard wood. There were many plants and artistic paintings of dragons. Then they took me upstairs to a small room filled with cyrstals, candles, pictures and incense. The hair on my arms stood on end as I entered it.

We sat in the small room for a while, talking a bit. I told Joan that I had a past life lance that I had discovered a while ago during chakra meditation. It was connected to my root. It is red, about 1/2 thick, two feet long and has a triangular head. Most of the time the top part flops around like a blade of grass in the wind. I asked her if she could remove it for me. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and at that point I could see an oriental-looking woman with a bun on the top of her head and a chopstick, appear about 10 feet above. When Joan opened her eyes, she said that her guide said that I must remove the past life lance myself because there were lessons to be learned before it could be removed. I asked Joan what her guide looked like, because I could see someone above. She then grabbed a small statue of her and showed it to me. It was the same face and hairdo!

Joan told me to sit on the chair and hold my hands in a prayer posture. She then told me to let her know when I was ready. She proceeded to invoke the reiki spirits from the north, south, east and west as well as from above and below. As I sat in the chair, I could see the upper sky being filled with thousands of beings. Some were golden and appeared like statues. Some carried spears, some had metalic like costumes. Some were riding elephants. Definately oriental in culture. The upper planes were packed with these beings!

Gradually a greyish tornado of smoke descended into my head from the beings above. It moved down to my throat area and then down my spine to the root. It was very neat. It felt cool in temperature and it was picking up small dark chunks of things and carrying them away.

Then Joan interrupted me asked me if I was ready. She said that I was supposed to let her know when I was ready. So I said that I was ready. She then took my hands and moved them forwards and stood around back of me. She said some words and then asked me to ask for the ability to channel healing, love and joy. So I did. She then put her hands on my shoulders and I felt heat enter my shoulders and go down to above my diaphram. She then walked around to the front and moved my arms. She tapped on my wrists several times and then put my hands back together. After walking around back again, Joan blew on the top of my head and then down my spine. I felt warm red glowy energy in my head and it moved down into my chest. She blew on my head a second time and I could feel more heat clouds in my upper chest area. It was flowing like smoke, downwards.

After that she moved my hands back to the original position and then thanked the reiki spirits and sent them on their way.

We sat in the room for a while and I described what I had experienced. After that, we went back downstairs where Joan and her assitant proceeded to chant four buddhist mantras. The first, which was a centering mantra produced an image in my head of a Japanese wrestler holding his toe in one hand while producing rings of silver light that emanated out from him like ripples in clear water. The second chant, which was a healing chant produced eratic waves of colored light bouncing rapidly up and down, like in a sideways blender. The third and fourth mantras were very short and I was somewhere else and don't recall the effect.

I left and drove home. I immediately went into practice. The heat in my head from the root lock enveloped my whole head and upper body.
It was somehow easier to focus on my brow. The inner sight was clearer. I felt like I had more power somehow. Very nice.. The spinal breathing was more distinct and it was easier to direct my attention. Very interesting. I believe that the attunement cleared a lot of things and has accelerated my development.

Today, I got in the elevator with two lovely women. As we all stood there quietly, my heart chakra started pouring waves of bliss downwards and outwards from my sacral chakra. I could feel that I had a connection with both women at the same time. I just smiled. The elevator doors opened and we all went our separate ways. Learn something new every day

May God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit bless anyone who reads this post.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2008 :  11:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Tibetan Ice,

I did not realize I had a typo in my original post above. One which unfortunately made a big difference in its meaning. In the quote below 'with out' should have been 'with our'. I have gone ahead and corrected my original post. My sincere apologies.

quote:
I trust each of us will choose the path, teachings-attunements-initiations-etc that we are called to and follow and practice them with out best understanding.
Should have said ...
quote:
I trust each of us will choose the path, teachings-attunements-initiations-etc that we are called to and follow and practice them with our best understanding.
TI, I respect and honor the choices and practices you are engaging. The reason for my original post was to ensure clarity and eliminate any confusion from others who like myself have been following and enjoying your posts. Previously, a question in a diffent topic from Christi asked about your experience with the reiki tummo attunements. At that time you let Christi know you had not received any of the reiki tummo attunements and had just read the book. Then very soon after that response you wrote this most recent post describing your wonderful experience with the reiki attunement you just received. Since the two postings were almost back to back, ie. different topics of course, I wanted to clarify which attunement you received so there would not be any confusion. Some might incorrectly infer making association with your previous post that it was the reiki tummo attunement. Yes, I know you said reiki and not reiki tummo but as readers we sometimes assume incorrectly.

I am very happy you received much benefit from your reiki attunement and your meeting with 'Joan'. I enjoyed your followup posting describing the particulars of your reiki attunement experience. I wish you only the best.

Love and Light,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Feb 29 2008 12:07:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  12:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Steve
I'm glad you cleared that up. :) A path with out best understanding is kind of like driving blindfolded. However, there is something I don't quite like about editing a post once it has been replied to. It perverts the original continuity of the post and makes any response posts harder to follow and subject to misunderstanding and confusion.

I have some questions, if you don't mind. In the book it states that you are "... a Reiki Master in the Usui and Shamballa traditions" (Appendices page 299). It also says that you repeated Reiki Tummo 1-2-3A (Appendices page 301).

I have read in several places that shaktipat is never permanent, that it is just a taste and that one must work through their own efforts to obtain enlightenment. (There is also the grace of God which is the fastest path, but that's another thread.)

1) How would you compare Usui Reiki to Reiki Tummo? Irmansyah has gone out of his way to show how RT is so much more superior to Usui Reiki, which is not saying much considering the founder or Usui Reiki died a sickly death at an early age. There is a big part of me that believes that if a practice produces results, the founder and practitioners should reflect those results in their appearance, actions and being, more often than not.

2) Why did you repeat the workshops? Was your kundalini not activated the first time?

3) In the Reiki Tummo book, there are lots of very nice stories about feeling more connected to the heart after practicing Reiki Tummo. Yet, there are no stories (or very few) about third eye sight, powers of the chakras or any other experiences that indicate enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, constant bliss or any of the other kundalini symptoms described by other kundalini practitioners. Why is that?

4) Is there a Reiki Tummo forum somewhere where RT practitioners share their experiences?

5) What have been your experiences with Reiki Tummo? What milestones or indications have you had as a result of Reiki Tummo? Are you in constant bliss? Do you have ecstatic conductivity? Do you see the upper planes? Do you heal very sick people? Have you had cosmic consciousness experiences? Is your kundalini full blown? Although we don't dwell on the signs along the way, they are important because they are an indicator of the level of development one has attained and the effectiveness of the techniques used. If someone tells you they are meaningless and to ignore them, then at least you know you are on the right track..

TI

Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  06:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

I understand your concern on editing. In this particular case, hopefully, readers will easily be able to follow the context of our conversation, as we both included and quoted the sentence where I changed 'with out' to 'with our' in each of our subsequent posts.

Good questions. You're actually the first person that has asked me any in the AYP forum. I just got back from being away for several weeks and am leaving again for another week or so and will not have computer access. When I return, I have some catching up at work, personal and family matters that require my immediate attention. After that, I will reply to your questions as soon as possible. Just wanted to let you know I saw your post before I left.

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  09:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
When you say shaktipat is not permanent or just a taste I wonder what you mean.Shaktipat is not enlightenment, but is only awakening of the Kundalini which is permanent if one continues with ones practices and can be permanent for some even if they don't practice, although why have shaktipat if you don't practice?
Receiving shaktipat is only a shortcut on a very long journey, often a lifetime for many.It is commonly regarded that enlightenment cannot be achieved without awakening of Kundalini, which by using other methods can take a very long time and can have problems.Even when one has awakened Kundalini the journey is still a long one in many cases.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  11:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

Tirth lineage is dedicated to Siddha Maha Yoga (Shaktipat).

When reading "Yoga Vani" from Swami Shankar Purushottan Tirth, one can find there are 3 ways to awaken Kundalini in this plane of existence:
- through penance (own practice of yoga)
- through receiving shaktipat from a guru
- through having Kundalini awakened in a previous life

It is worthwhile noting that Swami Muktananda has used this book during his journey.

The last case seems connected in my opinion to shaman path.

Albert

START EXTRACT

The spirit-force Kundalini is roused up in three ways. First by practice of Asan, Mudra & Pranayama; second, through the grace of a Siddha-Guru or preceptor who is a self-realizer; and third through absolute devotion gained from previous birth.

SNIP

The means of attaining salvation by the awakening of Kundalini-Shakti are three and so the devotion may also be divided in three classes: e.g. devotee obtaining siddhi by penance, through the grace of the Preceptor and by chance or through God's grace. The devotee obtaining siddhi in dreams is included in the category of devotee attaining siddhi by Chance and so has got no separate class of it's own.

END EXTRACT

Edited by - selfonlypath on Mar 01 2008 11:53:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  3:58:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2008 :  7:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi TI,
When you say shaktipat is not permanent or just a taste I wonder what you mean.Shaktipat is not enlightenment, but is only awakening of the Kundalini which is permanent if one continues with ones practices and can be permanent for some even if they don't practice, although why have shaktipat if you don't practice?
Receiving shaktipat is only a shortcut on a very long journey, often a lifetime for many.It is commonly regarded that enlightenment cannot be achieved without awakening of Kundalini, which by using other methods can take a very long time and can have problems.Even when one has awakened Kundalini the journey is still a long one in many cases.
L&L
Dave

Hi Dave
Thank you for your insight.
I will try to explain "temporary" although you have explained that even after shaktipat the journey is still long.
When Yogananda's breath stopped and his awareness expanded and he could see a much wider range of vision, this was a temporary state. It was a taste of cosmic consciousness. He would still have to work for it with hard effort. (Autobiography of a Yogi)

Here is a link from the web which also has the "Temporary" word: "Shaktipat The transmission of spiritual energy from one person to another or from the group mind to an individual. One's mind is temporarily arrested and a vision of the Self ensues. A valuable experience in the beginning stages of spiritual life in so far as it can give a person an idea of what he or she is seeking, shaktipat is merely a temporary experience of the Self. Attachment to this kind of experience has its downside. Because shaktipat feels so good seeking it can easily become a kind of addiction in people of little understanding. Because the Self appears as an object of experience it often distracts one from the ultimate goal of spiritual life: gaining knowledge of one's identity as the Self." from this link: http://www.shiningworld.com/Home%20...Glossary.htm

On another note, I found this post in AYP and you are in it (back in 2005): http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=350
My comments about that thread are these:
The discussion about Shaktipat and Reiki are informative and have helped me understand more about shaktipat and Reiki. In my heart, I believe that there is an endless supply of divine/holy/cosmic energy available to everyone and performing shaktipat or Reiki should not deplete your personal energy, but enhance, augment, cleanse and purify it.
When I met Jesus, I felt like he had all the power in the universe. It was a humbling experience. I felt like a pin prick of light compared to the immense power he has. I felt like Jesus could create universes in the blink of an eye. I am ever grateful that Jesus is forever with me.

There seems to be two kinds of Shaktipat (there are probably way more). The first kind is a taste of infinity. The second kind is the start of the cleansing of the sushumna, either bottom up (Shakti) or top down (Shiva grabs the vacuum). In all cases, after the experience, there is still a long road ahead.

TI
Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2008 :  7:32:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

I had an extra day before leaving so I decided to reply now lest I get caught up in other things when I return. (TI, I made a final edit on Tues, March 4th just before leaving on question #5)

quote:
1) How would you compare Usui Reiki to Reiki Tummo? Irmansyah has gone out of his way to show how RT is so much more superior to Usui Reiki, which is not saying much considering the founder or Usui Reiki died a sickly death at an early age. There is a big part of me that believes that if a practice produces results, the founder and practitioners should reflect those results in their appearance, actions and being, more often than not.
I do not look at Usui reiki and Reiki Tummo in terms of inferior or superior so I will not compare from that viewpoint. If that is what you want please write Irman directly. It is his book. For me, everything has its place and offers its benefits. Many have benefitted from Usui reiki. To a large extent the derived benefit from Usui or any teaching depends on the attitude-readiness of the student, the quality-mastery of the teacher and from whence the teaching-attunement-etc. originates. From his perspective, Irman clearly, describes the difference in the attunements in his book which you have so there is no need to repeat that here.

Several years ago when I gave some intro lectures, I would occasionally demonstrate the difference experientially by first channelling Usui, then earth energy by itself, then blending the two together Usui + earth energy, then Reiki Tummo I. This incremental change allowed the folks that were kinisthetically sensitive to track the differences as Reiki Tummo I in a sense is a combination of [Usui + the connnection to the core of the earth + a special connection to the heart]. When I asked the folks, if they felt any difference between [Usui + the earth] and Reiki Tummo I, the majority said yes. When I asked if they could describe the difference, the most common word was 'happy'. 'Happy' comes from the heart connection. I would then channel Reiki Tummo II, Reiki Tummo IIIA and Shing Chi 8 so they could get a sense of the difference in effect of each subsequent attunement in terms of energy, kundalini flow, chakra opening etc. I would finally demonstrate the difference that smiling, relaxing and surrendering had on the energy channelling and a little bit on the difference between being a healer vs an instrument. I do not do this kind of demonstration anymore.

After a person finishes Reiki Tummo II and has had two days to begin feeling and working with their heart, they are now encouraged to do their own experiment and channel any other energies they work with toward their heart then Reiki Tummo. Most energies are healing and will have an effect on the heart chakra, but it is only the Love that directly affects the spiritual Heart within the heart chakra directly strengthening the love-connection with Divine Source. For me the most important part of the Reiki Tummo attunement, is the establishment of the love-connection not the kundalini awakening.

quote:
2) Why did you repeat the workshops? Was your kundalini not activated the first time?
My kundalini was activated before I took my first reiki tummo workshop. Many years earlier I had received shaktipat from the Siddha Yoga lineage and years later from the Maha Kundalini Yoga tradition. I repeated the reiki tummo workshops to gain a deeper understanding and practice of the workshop materials and to help support the new people attending. At that time, I was a coordinator helping to organize the workshops. An added benefit is that each attunement is perfectly adjusted by the Love of Divine Source for one's condition at the time of receiving so it was also quite enjoyable to receive the attunement again. Mostly, I repeated because it was fun to be with the new participants.

quote:
3) In the Reiki Tummo book, there are lots of very nice stories about feeling more connected to the heart after practicing Reiki Tummo. Yet, there are no stories (or very few) about third eye sight, powers of the chakras or any other experiences that indicate enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, constant bliss or any of the other kundalini symptoms described by other kundalini practitioners. Why is that?.
Because powers of the chakras and third eye sight are not indicators of enlightenment. In the book, many folks have commented and reflected on the added joy, peace and happiness that is beginning to fill their lives as they continue to work with reiki tummo and their heart.

If you want to obtain the powers associated with the chakras and be able to see at will into any of the energy dimensions, meet and interact with angels and other beings that is not the direction or goal of Padmacahaya. However, if you want to activate and awaken your inner heart, the core of your atman as a means of establishing a direct communication between you, the Divine Source and the Love. To proceed further by allowing the Inner Heart to become the complete and full director of your life and become more able to fully embrace and accept the Love and Will of the creator then Padmacahaya may be of interest. As one continues to let the Love work there is a sweetness, a softness, a gentleness that emerges from within one's inner being slowly effusing outward striking up a sympathetic resonance with everything around. The inner silence becomes alive, the delight of being is awakened and a real sharing with others begins.

quote:
4) Is there a Reiki Tummo forum somewhere where RT practitioners share their experiences?
Not what you are looking for. There are two Yahoo groups, one for the public and one for others who just took the beginning Reiki Tummo workshops to ask followup questions. However, I believe what you are asking is there a Reiki Tummo forum where the more advanced practitioners who have attended the retreats share their experiences. Not a public one. We have several private chat rooms in Padmacahaya for advanced practitioners. When Irman is not travelling and teaching, he comes online to continue teaching and guiding the alumni. This is free and is open to anyone who has attended the Inner Heart and Spiritual Retreat. These two workshops actually comprise a 3-day retreat Fri-Sun with Irman that is available to everyone completing entry level workshops (RT1, RT2, RT3A, Kundalini and Meditation).

quote:
5) What have been your experiences with Reiki Tummo? What milestones or indications have you had as a result of Reiki Tummo? Are you in constant bliss? Do you have ecstatic conductivity? Do you see the upper planes? Do you heal very sick people? Have you had cosmic consciousness experiences? Is your kundalini full blown? Although we don't dwell on the signs along the way, they are important because they are an indicator of the level of development one has attained and the effectiveness of the techniques used. If someone tells you they are meaningless and to ignore them, then at least you know you are on the right track.
My hands are tied on this question because I have taken a pledge not to speak about certain things regarding individual experiences or the upper level retreats in public. To keep it simple. I am NOT enlightened. I am NOT a master of anything. My knowledge, understanding and realization are still very limited. I am NOT a healer. I do NOT at will see into the various energy dimensions nor do beings of small or big importance in the spiritiual hierarchy drop by to pay me regular visits. Heck, to be perfectly honest, I feel blessed when any of my friends just call me on the telephone to say hi. I am not sure what your definition of full-blown kundalini is. As one approaches Divine Source and becomes more and more part of the Love, the sushumna and chakras will expand to the size of existence. The nature, quality, magnitude and interaction of the kundalini flow, ecstatic conductivity and bliss also change. So is my kundalini full-blown, well that's an easy one NO. Woke up this morning, sushumna's still not the size of existence.

What I am experiencing is an ever-deepening state of inner silence, peace, ecstatic conductivity, joy and happiness that unfolds day by day. There is improved health, gratitude and longing and of course the Love along with a better understanding and living of life's purpose. Does it sometimes get overshadowed by extreme events ... yes. I am also enjoying the guidance and direction of the Inner Heart which is making a very big difference in my life and life choices.

(Final edit)

Love and Light,
Steve

Edited by - Steve on Mar 04 2008 1:00:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2008 :  3:50:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz
It is commonly regarded that enlightenment cannot be achieved without awakening of Kundalini, which by using other methods can take a very long time and can have problems.

Hi Dave
I found this on a web site which states:
"Swami Sivananda Saraswati says: "If you want to rouse kundalini shakti, to enjoy the bliss of union of Shiva and Shakti through her and to gain the accompanying powers (siddhis), it is obvious that this end can be achieved only by kundalini yoga. But if liberation is sought without desire for union through kundalini, then, such yoga is not necessary. "

He continues, "Liberation may be obtained by pure jnana yoga through detachment, the stilling of the mind, without any rousing of the central bodily power at all. Instead of setting out in and from the world to unite with Shiva, the jnana yogi, to attain this result, detaches himself from the world. Samadhi may also be obtained on the path of devotion (bhakti) as on that of knowledge. Indeed, the highest devotion (para bhakti) is not different from knowledge. Both are realization."

Here is the link:
www.lifepositive.com/Spirit/...kundalini.asp

I thought I'd mention that.

TI
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2008 :  3:00:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,
Well to my knowledge Swami Sivananda, although he wrote many books and was very knowledgable on yoga. I don't believe he was enlightened.Perhaps if he hadn't written so many books he might have found time to practice more and achieve it, who knows? I am sure there are several ways of liberation but some are faster than others.It is commonly agreed that no matter what path one is on then the Kundalini must be awakened no matter what one calls it.The Kundalini yoga he talks of is not the same as Kundalini Maha Yoga which involves shaktipat and which does not look for siddhis.In fact looking for siddhis is considered a distraction, we get them anyway without trying for them.My teacher has siddhis but does not discuss them with me so I do not actually know what the full extent of them is.
As far as Reiki goes it is simply a system for using the universal energy that other systems also use.Although the attunement method can be quite complex(which also involves moolabhanda) it is not necessary as intent is just as effective.In fact originally there were no symbols involved but they were introduced when Usui realised that students were having difficulty understanding the concept of intent.I started Reiki before Kundalini Maha Yoga and have found that KMY intensifies the energy in a way that Reiki never could, but I believe meditation practices are far more effective in clearing blockages than anything else I have looked at.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.1 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000