Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Energy from just DM?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  3:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey,

So I have been practicing the Deep Meditation for 13 days now. I have been enjoying ten minute sits, twice a day. For around four months beforehand, I was doing chakra meditations two-three times a day, and before THAT, I had been practicing Spinal Breathing+Meditation "a bit too much"

Anyway, I just wanted to journal my experiences of the last couple of weeks.

For the first couple of days, the meditations very quiet, there was a lot of consciousness, all the 'enjoyable stuff'. Then for around 10-11 days, the meditations were noisy & restless. At one or two brief occasions during these period, during the day, I would feel negative emotion for perhaps twenty minutes, which would then transform into some wonderful physical sensations, which I believe to be the beginning on conductivity.

Notably these were:
Tingling feelings running anywhere from the root to the throat area, often in localised areas (like in sacral/solar, or in chest/throat areas).
A weird kind of pleasurable/itchy feeling in the palms and bottoms of the feet.
The body would spontaeniously bellow the belly muscles out, or pull inwards, and then at release bliss would rise into the throat.

I would seriously chill out and bliss for a while. It was enjoyable scenery!

Yesterday, after 12 days, I decided in the early evening to sit for 15 minutes rather than ten. This gave the mind a bit more time to rest into the mantra, and I enjoyed a deeper collectedness and joy in the heart.. nice nice nice.

Later in the evening I was listening to some audio David Hawkin and began to experience a degree of irritability and restlessness, which I attributed to the longer sit. I got some sleep and decided to stick with ten minutes for several weeks longer.

This morning, I sat for 8 minutes (to compensate for over-sitting last night), and now I am back at 10 minutes. This will continue for at least another two weeks before tipping my toe into another 15 minute sit.

Oh, I've also noticed I have a feeling in my chest area, it is noticable at almost any time, at will. I think my heart chakra is opening!!

When I allow attention to rest in this area during daily activity, any harmful mental activity (like irritation and judgement) seems to get dissolved, or at least weakened somewhat, in a rising sensation of innocence and compassion. Wow!

Now, what really interests me is that all this energy stuff is happening JUST FROM DEEP MEDITATION. I'm not meditating on chakras, I'm not spinal breathing.. just meditating!

Does anybody have any experience with this happening for them, and is there any special advice for me beyond the nugget of simple wisdom, 'self pacing'?

Peace to all.

Jack

Godsproblem

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2008 :  4:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Godsproblem's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No advice for you, Jack, but I did get some insight from your post. Last night at a healing service at church, my belly went way out, like big out preggers or something. I am small and dont weigh very much, this was interesting to look down and see the belly all puffed out. I hadnt related that to meditating because I wasn't...I can now recall this happening several times of late. I also have had the hand/feet thing for a few years. It seems most noticeable while I am meditating because of the quiet, but I notice it frequently, any time I'm quietly otherwise engaged. Activity in all chakras seems very busy these days...May your heart open and let the Love flow through!
I am also a student of David Hawkins.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  10:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack:

One of the first things to check if there is some irritability in daily activity is if you are taking enough rest right after meditation -- at least a few minutes with eyes closed and not engaged in the procedure of deep meditation, just taking it easy. It can also help to lie down for 5-10 minutes immediately at the end of our session, if time and space allow.

Rest at the end of our meditation session allows the internal (and often invisible) purification going on to complete itself before we get up and go out into activity. If we rush the transition going from sitting to activity, the purification can overflow into activity, and that can show up as some dullness, uneasiness or irritability.

So, self-pacing isn't only about regulating the length of our practice. It is also about making the transition from practice to activity as smooth as possible.

Yes, deep meditation can stimulate energy movment. It is in the nature of inner silence to move. All of life and materiality are stillness in motion. The energy-related methods of yoga are for cultivating conscious engagement in the flow of life. But it begins in stillness, in deep meditation. All the more reason to make a smooth transition from sitting to activity.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  2:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies, Godsproblem and Yogani.

I typically sit for a few minutes, then lay down for 5, 10, even 15 or 20 minutes sometimes. This is why I am baffled at such reactions! Is this normal for those with a sensitive disposition to practices?

When resting, and making the transition from rest to daily activity, do we make an effort to do so mindfully? And do we make an effort to be aware during our daily activities? Or do we just focus on the exterior world and allow awareness to naturally arise over weeks, months, and years?

Thanks again.

Jack

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2008 :  3:39:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jack:

No need to cultivate any special attitude or way of thinking when getting up or in activity. If it is forced it can cause more difficulties. It will come naturally over time from within. The new Self-Inquiry book covers this.

Regarding sensitivity to meditation, check the lessons listed for "Sensitivity to Meditation" in the topic index: http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html

And for grounding, which can help when there is unruly energy: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2165

The good news is that purification is occurring, and it will smooth out in time with regular self-paced practice.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000