AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Tears of – what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lookatmynavelnow

52 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2008 :  5:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In recent years in my meditation and lately especially during spinal breathing tears flow from my eyes. I am not getting emotional in any way, it is just happening by itself and I sort of just witness it.

Any of you yogis have the same thing happened to you?

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  12:54:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Look,

I've had, over the years, some emotion come through my meditation, so not quite the same as what you are experiencing. I looked at it as prior issues I had to work through. Never experienced it in pranayama, as you are...

light and love,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  11:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I experience this from time to time mostly during spinal breathing. No emotions, just purely physiological process. I guess it can be labeled as a symptom of purification :)
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2008 :  12:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Processes like tearing, laughing, shivering, and shuddering become both cause and result in this journey. They lose their emotional and social connotations, and come to seem more generic and less "significant", if that terminology works.

The way you're handling it..."not getting emotional" is perfect. Yoga will test your ability to retain that detachment come what may in your practice! :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000