Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Insight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  8:48:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani,

I read emc's funny post . Good stuff, emc! Anyway, she mentions the word "insight" from your book. Since I haven't gotten your book, I wanted to know what you meant by that word, since there are different ways of percieving the term "insight". I understood what she meant, in context/syntax, as far as looking at it from the vantage point that the Self is lacking something. As she paraphrased, 'the next... the next... the next insight will bring deeper'...

The reason I ask is that there is "insight" that is a product of the thought process, or a searching for something to fill a need, and there is insight that is a conscious reality that doesn't take you out of the moment. Some call this inspiration. While I use the term "insight" and "inspiration" interchangeably to mean a knowingness that isn't sought after. It just comes to you in the moment. Am I making sense? I know what I mean, but it's hard to put into words... words... words... I'm tired of words:

Thank you:

VIL

P.S. I hope I'm not putting you on the spot, but it would be beneficial to have this clarified.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2008 :  11:26:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi VIL:

Yes, EMC had quite a ride through the Self-Inquiry book, and her humorous account had me falling off the chair in laughter. I did not know the book could be such a dramatic trip -- mental rags to mental riches and back to mental rags again, and somehow illuminating from within along the way. It is in the reader for sure.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3427

As far as the word "insight" is concerned, I think she was quoting her own mind in that post, her mind ever eager for more.

The word "insight" appears in only one place in the Self-Inquiry book, in a way that lends itself more to interpretation than to direct experience, as in: "...there are spontaneously awakened souls who dazzle us with their insight, and who are often idolized and imitated."

What it means in that context is in the eye of the beholder, yes? That is the only place the word is used. However, the word "inspiration" is used in many places in the book.

I would agree that true insight and inspiration are rooted in a knowingness that is eternal and always in the present, always in stillness. This is also where true self-inquiry is -- abiding in the witness. In the book this is called "relational self-inquiry."

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  04:50:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
As far as the word "insight" is concerned, I think she was quoting her own mind in that post, her mind ever eager for more.

Yep, I was!

Jeez... Don't know if I'll get my buddy mind back to continue reading, or if I'll have to go alone... still just on page 67. Tumbled off laughingly to bed yesterday...

Thanks for remarks, VIL and Yogani.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2008 :  10:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, yogani. The book sounds great too, yogani, and from what you've said emc. Btw, that makes perfect sense and I appreciate your post. This is also for interpretation :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0kr3MU0Jo

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Feb 04 2008 11:03:23 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000