Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Dreams/Perception/Reality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:55:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
From recent posts, I've began to question and demystify my own spiritual experiences and am trying to correlate various dream states of consciousness.

I was recently contemplating a shared phenomenon, a while back, between myself, Shanti and a few others, who were experiencing white light, eyelid flickering, while in the conscious state. Kind of what one would normally experience in the REM State, but you are not asleep. (I told you I would get back to this sooner or later, Shanti: LOL).

Thanks to Shanti, and Kyman, I began to question my automatic, conditoned response, as to what it meant to bring the dream state to conscious awareness. Was the actual dream world going to be brought to my state of consciousness or was it one that so closely corresponded to the dream world, as does the outcome of self-inquiry, (when all of that noise, feels just like a dream), but is not the actual dream reality where one can jump over buildings, fly, et al, but is merely a reflection of the dream state, since we know that would be entertaining a fantasy and is not in touch with reality.

Anyway, this brought me to the phenomenon of the flickering eye lids, white lights, or what one would naturally equate with the REM State, since this is a universal reality that we all share when we dream, but are unconscious. So, why on earth, were we experiencing this phenomenon while awake?

It suddenly occured to me that another phenomenon was at play here. That of dreams. We know that when we dream they are in pictures and we all share this universal reality and it's been proven that dreams are the subconscious (higher awareness's) way of communicating with conscious awareness - Since many inventions, scientific, spiritual and psychological break-throughs, were directly due to a person experiencing these dream symbols.

Anyway, I was wondering if this REM like state was really our higher Selves communicating to our conscious mind, kind of like 'get the picture', that we need to stop living in a dream world and face reality or the reverse was true, that we needed to work on the process of self-inquiry to see the world as it is, a dream, in a sense, but one that needs to conform with reality. Maybe it's a matter of perception?

Sorry about the long post:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 14 2008 12:07:42 PM

jthabuddha

22 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit jthabuddha's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what is conscious mind?
what is higher self?
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  07:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, jtbuddha, some call the Higher Self, the Soul, Spirit, Maiden, Sun and it goes on and on... What yogani explains here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=3365

I used the term "conscious mind", in the above example, to denote the state of consciousness when we are not dreaming and are awake/aware. Not in the deeper sense of being awake, but in the commonly viewed way, when we go to bed, sleep, and dream - then awake, again, and as John C likes to explain the mundane routine of 'taking a piss', scratching are bums, having some coffee or tea... and most likely 'taking a piss' again: LOLOL All of these are terms, only, in an attempt to explain a concept:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 15 2008 08:02:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  11:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes John C is in good company there, some of the Buddhist masters were fond of telling us, in one way or another, to find the 'Ultimate' in our toilet activities too. The main point of that shocking message is not to put the Ultimate in a high place, but rather to find it every place, which is where it is.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well said, david:

VIL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000