Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Messages in the matrix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  1:12:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Every so often, during meditation, messages seem to come to me that are obviously not from my current psyche. When I began meditation I would see images of people from other time periods (in period dress) and end up watching other people's conversations. Scenery I know and it just went away and I moved on into stillness. I don't remember many of them and most of them seem incredibly run of the mill. One that seemed particularly dramatic was the statement "follow the white wolf". It really sticks with me and it is a recurring. Intuitively I know that it is important to me. I have analyzed this and google'd it but nothing seems to give me that intuitive knowing or the old Ah-hah. One strange thing is that I when I google'd it again today (the message happened a while back)I found this weird search engine where everything seemed to be in a slavic based language but in the engine query there was my query and the results both said, "follow the white rabbit." I know you guys are thinking the Matrix and Alice and Wonderland and so did I. Our culture seems to be so saturated with these references I am looking for something a little more nuanced. There are many Native American references and I have researched them but I finally got over my ego barrier that would normally stop me from posting stuff like this and thought I would ask you guys if you had any input, ideas or similar experiences. I have found that these strange messages that come out of nowhere are probably the most important objects that you can pay attention to. This process is how I found AYP (nuff said!).

Thanks in advance and lots of love!
Mac

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  1:33:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you ever tried to use the samyama technique on it? Pick the words, drop them wait for a few seconds and do it again a few times.. then let it go?

Pointers like this are send your way.. and as long as you are looking for the answer with your mind, chances are you will not find it.. because the answer is send your way.. and when you are attached to a form you miss the obvious (your mind has some kind of image of what the answer should show up as.. like I had said in another post.. when someone says .. "you will see God".. and you have an image of God in your head.. and wait for him to show up in that form.. you completely miss him when he brushes your face as a butterfly.). It's when you can let go the searching for the answer with your mind.. it will be as plain as the palm of your hand.. or maybe not.. Just because something works for me may not be the answer for all.

Hope you get the answer soon Mac.
Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 13 2008 1:40:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  3:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti! You know, coincidentally, I thought of doing that this morning while working out. I will try it. Yes, I think I remember you talking about this and I think you are right (regarding dropping expectations and being observant). I will try this later and if anything comes I will post on it. Thanks!

Mac
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  4:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mac,

My journey has been filled with messages like this in the Matrix. The most spooky in the beginning, where I actually got messages on my computor, just like in the film!!! I had been harrassed with suggestions from a christian guy who wanted me to join his church when he got to know about my awakening. I had just written a mail to him, saying thank you but no thank you quite firmly. Then I took a game of Scrabble on the net. The first seven random letters I got was put up on the screen like this: NO CHURCH! (In Swedish it's seven letters.) At that time it really made my world rock!

It is possible that your white wolf will appear when you least expect it, and when it does, it will be perfectly clear to you why you should follow it right there and then! I also associate to power animals (shamanic view). It is possible that you have the wolf as your power animal. It is holding a quality for you that is still immature in your psyche. The wolf is the leader. Perhaps you have great leader qualities that you don't express yet, and when time comes, you will follow the path of the wolf and let your position as a leader grow? I don't know. I just throw out some thoughts here!

Go to Top of Page

lorf

48 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  4:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit lorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just wanted to share a poem I came across about the white wolf:

The White Wolf or Silverwolf is
the spirit of freedom.
He bridges worlds and carries
the wisdom of the heart.
He is the bringer of the light of hope.

In my own words I would say that the wolf people are freedom seekers and teachers.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2008 :  10:17:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The easiest way for me to get answers to questions like that is from God.
Think of the question, "What is the meaning of the white wolf?" and make yourself develop a very strong emotion of the 'wanting' to know the answer. Then ask the question of God as you imagine all that emotion being balled up and imagine throwing it away from yourself to God, leaving you quiet and without emotion.
Then know that God will give you an answer and have faith. Every time you start to think of it, push it out of your mind and tell yourself that God is taking care of it.
The answer may take a couple days or sometimes much longer to come.
When it comes, for me it is usually not in words, but I witness something happening right in front of me, and I realize that is the answer to my question. Sometimes the answer has several parts that are received at different times, so don't worry if you only get a partial answer first.
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your insights and comments. I really appreciate them. I have always had a special connection with Native American lore and the concept of spirit animals although I don't know much about the specifics. I have always been attracted to the wolf and wild cats among others. It is inspiring to think of. EMC, that is a very cool experience with the scrabble game.

Peace
Mac
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  03:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Shanti said: Pointers like this are send your way.. and as long as you are looking for the answer with your mind, chances are you will not find it.. because the answer is send your way.. and when you are attached to a form you miss the obvious (your mind has some kind of image of what the answer should show up as.. like I had said in another post.. when someone says .. "you will see God".. and you have an image of God in your head.. and wait for him to show up in that form.. you completely miss him when he brushes your face as a butterfly.). It's when you can let go the searching for the answer with your mind.. it will be as plain as the palm of your hand.. or maybe not.. Just because something works for me may not be the answer for all.
There is so much wisdom in that Shweta and your other posts also, when you say:

"Just because something works for me may not be the answer for all"

Well your posts help me a lot and I imagine others likewise, so my guess is that what is working for you could well be an answer or part answer for many.
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  11:13:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys, check out this music video montage I found when I was researching the phrase wolf medicine. I thought it was pretty cool.

wolf medicine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T79OROIJEMk
Go to Top of Page

lorf

48 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  2:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit lorf's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Black Rebel
Sounds like your power animal is the wolf. In that case what you can do is to start giving it attention. As we move about in this dimension we are accompanied by the power animal in a dimension close to this. Be aware of it, maybe even have a bowl of water for it. I am writing this partly to remind myself to do exactly this, I tend to forget to care enough about my own power animal. I am glad to have your posts remind me.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  4:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
The White Wolf or Silverwolf is
the spirit of freedom.
He bridges worlds and carries
the wisdom of the heart.
He is the bringer of the light of hope.

lorf, that is a beautiful poem you found! It touched me somewhere deep within! Thank you, and nice to see you here at forum again!
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2008 :  10:13:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lorf, I think you may be right. Thanks for the poem and the suggestions. It is an honor if it is my animal guide. My family and I have always had a strong connection to all animals (we had 12 cats at one point). One of them I believe I carry the spirit of inside me now. That is good story that I might share with the forum one day. I had meant to put something in reply to a thread where someone mentioned that their cat was a buddha and there was talk of grief over loss of beloved pets and animal friends.

Thanks yogis!
Mac
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000