AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  10:58:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hi everyone,
is there a big difference in terms of benefits of doing 1 repetition of the samyama sutras rather than 2? i've been doing 2 reps. for months and it's been great but my sadhana is just getting too long now that i've added and stabilized spinal breathing with my 20 min. meditation and my own prayers. one repetition feels right to me and i'm learning to trust my own intuition with this stuff more than anything so i'll probably continue like this. but i'd like to hear feedback on doing 1 rep. versus 2... thanks all.

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  11:14:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been doing 1 repetition for over 18 months now, and still enjoy this part of my practice immensely. I'm not sure if it is as powerful as two repeitions, but it is still highly effective. In any event, I didn't have much choice with the change, since it became clear that the overall length of my practices had to be shortened dramatically.

A
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it's different for all. For me, it's a great difference between 1 and 2 reps. Only doing one, I can keep track on the 15 secs between. Going to 2 reps brings me totally off the track, bringing me deep, and I am eventually lost in knowing if I actually said one sutra once or twice already (somewhere at the health sutra it starts to dissolve into blurry states). It becomes very arbitrary what happens after that, but still very pleasant. I have actually made a compromise to only do one rep in the morning med and 2 in the evening med when I have time to sail away for a longer time.
Go to Top of Page

Black Rebel Radio

USA
98 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  1:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Black Rebel Radio's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is the same for me. I had to back off the two reps as I would get lost for a really long time (well, relatively speaking)and it just didn't feel natural (intuitive) as it should.

Peace
Mac
Go to Top of Page

clk1710

92 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2008 :  5:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks so much for sharing Anthem, emc and Black Rebel Radio. emc, i totally feel the same when i do 2 reps. that i get lost somewhere after "health"- i'm in lala land. good to hear i'm not the only one needing to back off to one rep! although i wish i could fit 2 into my life, one is where i need to be right now. thanks! :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000