Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Sambhavi problems
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  05:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday, I read the forums and realise that I have been doing pramanyama wrongly - one must imagine the feeling up and down the spine and not looking up and down the spine.

I feel that i unable to do ujjayi, Mulabandha and yogi breathing. I have recently just dropped Kechari (found it hard to enter).
Should i drop all practises and just stick to plain pranyama without anything ?

Confused :(

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  07:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is good not to rush and add too many things at the same time, then we might find ourselves exactly where you are - confused! It takes a while before a new practice settles, so it's recommended to just add one thing at a time, when it feels stable and secure.

I can still fall out of proper sambhavi, and then I go back and only focus on visualizing, do that until it feels effortless and go from there adding one thing at a time again.

The body is extremely intelligent. We really don't need to decide yourself when a new practice should be added. The body will show us when it's time for add ons. Our tounge will go up in kechari by itself. The eyes will raise to the eyebrows by themselves. The root lock will squeeze automatically. If we add things before our body says "ok - all systems Go!", there will be a natural pause and our body will say: "hold on here, please", not unusually expressed as, tadaaaaaaam: confusion, resistance or the like!

Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  08:26:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ZZZ - If it makes you feel any better, I'm still fine tuning my spinal breathing after 3 yrs. I just can't seem to get the perineum thing down, and haven't been able to trace the spine until I get to around the navel chakra. It's a difficult practice, as there are so many elements to it, so I think it's best to just keep doing it and perfecting the technique as you go. I go back to read the lessons on SBP from time to time, and every time I do, I find something else that fine tunes my practice. But even with an imperfect method, the benefits are amazing. Don't stop; it'll correct itself as you continue, as will the other practices.

Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2007 :  4:08:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
zzz,

To give you an idea, when I first saw kechari mudra in a kriya yoga book, I thought to myself, 'these yogi's are absolutely nuts'. This shows how blind the conscious mind can be, by virtue of its mechanics. I've progressed into the later stages of kechari and now better understand.

I didn't get to that addition until maybe a year or so of deep meditation, yoga nidra, pranayama (and spinal breathing which emerged for me on its own before coming to AYP). The inner body became clear, the energy cultivated during meditation stayed permanently, and the tug to enact the additional mudras was natural and irresistible.

No matter what, do not be discouraged. The greatest advice to give here is to point you once again to Yogani's lessons. He truly has thought it through for the practitioner. And though it might not fit every practitioner, it is designed to be an open system for all to benefit from. Have trust in the lessons and go back to reread them over time as your daily practice evolves.

In the beginning, while doing deep meditation, yoga nidra, and pranayama, I do recall the activation of many of these additional techniques. Or rather, my body was naturally employing them at the time to a small degree. This is the case with everyone, I'm sure, because we are all jumping from the same platform here.

'It may take some time', but if you can cultivate the proper perspective, this statement will be meaningless.

I imagine it can be very challenging, and in my case there was pressure to evolve. I had a debilitating injury which left me a great deal of time to practice my technique. The blessing in disguise has been performed.

Edited by - Kyman on Dec 18 2007 4:49:19 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000