Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra Changes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  4:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,
As 'luck' would have it, I started with the first enhancement of mantra yesterday, the day you revealed you were doing the same, Louis. Maybe it's a bit early after only a few months, but I had begun to feel as though, with the original IAM mantra, I was trying to eat a big bowl of soup with a pretty small spoon. I also lead a very grounded life, so I hope that will help smooth out the upcoming purification.

Immediately I felt the effect of SHREE at the crown. I've experienced that feeling before - a borderline 'sunburn' feeling (ie. not necessarily all bad) but on the inside of the skull. Simply drawing attention away from the crown seems to do the job.

What I was wondering is: the doubling up of SHREE SHREE seems like a very concentrated focus at the crown, almost like shooting yourself with a pistol but from the inside . - And yet the 2nd enhancement seems to smooth things out with SHREE OM SHREE OM. (I've not tried that one, but my musician's ear/instincts are telling me that it's much more rounded.)

Is anyone here doing SHREE OM SHREE OM? If I'm right about its effects, I wonder why Yogani would have us go straight to the crown with SHREE SHREE and then later mellow out with SHREE OM SHREE OM?

tallis

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  04:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
I'm not doing the SHREE OM meditation so that's why I was asking for the experiences of those who actually do this mantra. Just from saying the SHREE OM mantra a couple of times, though, it feels like, whereas SHREE SHREE sends energy shooting up into the crown, SHREE OM would be more circular. As if it would rather circulate the energy around and inside the head (and body too?).

I don't know. Can someone correct me on this?

Otherwise, I've been SHREE SHREEing for four days now. Although I'm still very conscious of the energy focussed at the crown, it feels less raw, and that I'm better able to handle it. Guess I'm acclimatising to it. Instead of prana burn, just a nice suntan Nevertheless, even the act of writing about SHREE is activating my crown. I'd better keep the sunscreen (brandname: sambhavi) near, just in case...

One other thing: the new mantra definitely brings me a deeper silence.

Edited by - tallis on Nov 28 2007 05:22:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  08:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

This topic was split for better placement.
Thanks AYPmod
Go to Top of Page

n/a

26 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  11:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit n/a's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Tallis,

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is anyone here doing SHREE OM SHREE OM? If I'm right about its effects, I wonder why Yogani would have us go straight to the crown with SHREE SHREE and then later mellow out with SHREE OM SHREE OM?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do the full mantra, and I have noticed the same as you, that SHREE activates the crown. But I was wondering, what do you think OM does? In the text books it is given as another crown activation mantra.

Please note: This post should have been placed between the above two posts by tallis. Apologies for the confusion.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  12:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
tallis said:
quote:
Hi All,
As 'luck' would have it, I started with the first enhancement of mantra yesterday, the day you revealed you were doing the same, Louis. Maybe it's a bit early after only a few months, but I had begun to feel as though, with the original IAM mantra, I was trying to eat a big bowl of soup with a pretty small spoon. I also lead a very grounded life, so I hope that will help smooth out the upcoming purification.

Immediately I felt the effect of SHREE at the crown. I've experienced that feeling before - a borderline 'sunburn' feeling (ie. not necessarily all bad) but on the inside of the skull. Simply drawing attention away from the crown seems to do the job.

What I was wondering is: the doubling up of SHREE SHREE seems like a very concentrated focus at the crown, almost like shooting yourself with a pistol but from the inside . - And yet the 2nd enhancement seems to smooth things out with SHREE OM SHREE OM. (I've not tried that one, but my musician's ear/instincts are telling me that it's much more rounded.)

tallis

Hi tallis,
I had a few years meditation experience when I started AYP so I was a little adventurous at the beginning to find a balance in the practices for myself.
I did try the Shree Shree early on and found it had more umph in it. I was happy with this for a while and then decided to go back to I AM. I did the I AM for over a year before I started on the Shree Shree again.
When I did try Shree Shree first I did not feel anything on the crown. If I did I probably would have backed off because of the warnings about premature crown opening.
The I AM mantra is designed to go from root to brow. In doing this the crown is also slowly and safely opened in a regulated way.

I found when I switched to Shree OM Shree OM ....... the effect was much greater than the 1st enhancement of Shree Shree.....

If I were you I would thread very carefully, these practices are very powerful and not to be underestimated. The effects can be delayed and hit you a week or two later.
see here: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=2921#2921

Also see here: Mantra Design 101: http://www.aypsite.org/188.html

Best of luck with whatever you do, you take responsability for your own practice.

Regards
Louis
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  04:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
quote:
I do the full mantra, and I have noticed the same as you, that SHREE activates the crown. But I was wondering, what do you think OM does? In the text books it is given as another crown activation mantra.

You would know better than me!
I was just listening to the vibrations of SHREE OM SHREE OM, which seem to me more rounded, filling the whole head and circulating between the crown and the third eye. SHREE SHREE seems more linear, aimed straight at the crown. But that's just what my ear tells me. - I don't want or, honestly, dare to meditate yet on SHREE OM SHREE OM (even if aesthetically I prefer its sound!). I can well imagine that its overall effect is greater, even if it might be less singularly crown-focussed. But maybe I'm completely wrong about this focus bit.
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2007 :  04:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,
Thanks for both your input and your concern. While I may be gung-ho, I do hope I have enough perspective - and of course I take responsibility for the application of these practices.

quote:
If I were you I would thread very carefully, these practices are very powerful and not to be underestimated. The effects can be delayed and hit you a week or two later.

You're absolutely right about wanting to tread carefully - if no other reason that, with three young kids to take care of, I can't afford to go off the deep end! Ever since beginning AYP practices I've occasionally experienced pin-prick / slight burning sensations at the crown. I've had two main phases of this: first when I began spinal breathing, and then now, along with the mantra enhancement. In the first case, I think I was allowing some energy to leak up into the crown instead of arching forward towards the third eye. Better concentration eliminated this. The key for me, regardless of the situation (because, in addition, if I concentrate on the crown at any time I get these sensations), has always been to divert attention away from the crown. Sambhavi works mostly effectively. The good news, I hope, is that after 10 days of SHREEing the mantra already feels smoother and my crown doesn't respond so immediately. And I still feel great in everyday life. I'll continue to watch for delayed reactions and self-pace if necessary.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2007 :  09:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tallis

Sounds like you are keeping an eye on things and not being as gung ho as you make out
With three small children, as you say, you want to be sure to stay reasonably in balance.

I think weaver is giving a good perspective in your other thread. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=3223#27647

Be good
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2007 :  05:37:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll try, Louis!
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2007 :  05:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi,
Just to follow up on the difference between SHREE and OM,
Tallis wrote:
quote:
I was just listening to the vibrations of SHREE OM SHREE OM, which seem to me more rounded, filling the whole head and circulating between the crown and the third eye. SHREE SHREE seems more linear, aimed straight at the crown.

Christi wrote:
quote:

I just read Mantra Design 101 (Lesson 188)- by the way, thanks Louis for referring me to it - and Yogani says pretty much the same thing, albeit with naturally greater precision:
quote:
(a)SHREE takes us straight up the spinal nerve to the crown.
(b)OM resonates naturally in the medulla oblongata, the brain stem, spreading out everywhere through the nervous system, and beyond.

So the OM element does fill the whole head, activating both ajna and sahasrar - and, of course, much more as well. But I guess SHREE SHREE feels more crown orientated to me than SHREE OM because its energy is directed purely in one place, and especially so given the repetition of the word.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2008 :  4:05:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what thread to choose... there have been many on mantra enhancements lately.

The first mantra enhancement came to me a couple of weeks ago. It came after a strong feeling I had had a couple of days - a feeling of the top of my skull softening and opening. When I washed my hair I could not press the fingers on the head without feeling soar on the top of my skull.

The effects of the mantra enhancement are difficult to describe. I am silenced, speechless, without words... I am in a constant move from a resistance and belittleing of myself to an expanding acceptance that this is actually opening for me, or... as me. When I close my eyes for meditation it's like when Neo in the last film Matrix Revolutions - after having gotten through the storm and fighting - glides in over the Machine City seeing the lights and formations with his inner vision... I see things I don't understand the complexity of at all, yet I do know it somehow... It's thrilling, and I can't stay in it for very long yet. It's just a door opening. A feeling like when the stomach goes all upside down in a roller coaster hits my whole being when I realize the vastness of it. Some of you would probably call it scenery. I don't care. It's huge. It's humbling. It's increadibly intelligent. It's some kind of system being shown and revealed. It's like taking a walk in my own DNA...

It's pretty scary still for my body-mind to have it on such a close range! I usually meditate on the train from work, but I think I might have to reconsider. It takes such a long time to get in shape afterwards. Now I stumble out from the train in spite of 15 min rest, and everytime I blink and close my eyes, I'm back into the whooohooo...wow... It's only an eyelid away......

I'm perfectly fine. No overload symptoms.

Just wanted to share my experience of the first mantra enhancement.

(I do 2-3 min pranayama, 10 - max 15 min meditation, then I'm naturally snapped out of it, 3-4 min samyama and then rest for approx 10-15 min.)

Edited by - emc on Jan 12 2008 03:17:26 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000