AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 beginner questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

growant

8 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  10:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit growant's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

This is my first post here, not sure if this is the right section for it, but I have some quesitons for Yogani.

1)kechari- I'm freaked out by the description of this. Can one go 'all the way'- to enlightenment/a fully purified nervous system, etc.., without resorting to this practice? Is it absolutely necessary? Its actually the cutting of the thing under the tongue that freaks me out, not the practice itself.

2)You often compare meditation to 'cleaning out the house.' I'm wondering if there's a point when the house is completely 'cleaned out' and one needn't meditate any more.

thank you (for everything)

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  09:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Growant,

Those are some fine questions, questions I've asked too. I hope Yogani will answer, but on this forum, you get answers from a variety of people.

So here is where I'm at on those questions.

1) kechari. The cutting part freaked me out too, still does sometimes, but I'm cutting. At some point desire rooted in pranic energy awareness overcame revulsion.

2) Practices pave the way for landmark experiences of mental silence and bodily pranic conductivity along the way. Regardless of how bissful and ecstatic ones experiences are, as long as we have a mind and body, there is always room for progress, and it is the practices beget progress.

Best wishes in your "house cleaning."
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  10:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gworant,

welcome to the forum. I totally agree with Bewell, but just thought to add that Yogani has said that it is not necessary to practice kechari, and many people have become enlightened without doing it. So please don't feel pressured. Actually, I think if you don't feel like doing it then that could be a sign that this is not the time to be starting that particular practice. There are so many practices in the book....

I think he has also said that we never stop meditating. Personally I am getting the feeling that meditation becomes so incredible that we would never want to stop!

All the best

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  11:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Growant, and welcome!

Christi and Bewell covered your questions pretty well. Maybe more folks will chime in.

Everyone will follow their own inclinations in practice, and that is how it should be. It is suggested to take the lessons in order, without trying to look too far ahead, and see what happens.

Wishing you all the best on your chosen path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

growant

8 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  11:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit growant's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for the responses!
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  1:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can chime in.

Meditation is all that is needed, in my opinion. By attaining samadhi through correct practice of meditation, the rest of the limbs of yoga fall into place. There's no need to sit a certain way, do breathing exercises, do advanced mudras, etc...they call happen naturally (and in a more healthy way) as a result of samadhi.

That being said - those types of practices can help you to attain samadhi quicker...but in a lot of cases, the results are more devastating. In AYP, practitioners self pace in accordance with overdoing symptoms...like headaches, trouble sleeping, feeling really loopy, etc. This allow the practitioner to play around with the different energies in the body without wreaking too much havoc.

Personally, I've never been able to do many of those practices. They always seem to really mess me up. Self pacing doesn't work, because the moment things begin to look like they're going overboard, I'm stuck overboard for a long time and I actually have to quit all things spiritually related until the energies calm down. So for me, a simple meditation practice is enough.

It's best to start with that, and if you feel like you need more, progress in accordance with the outlined practices. If you reach the level of kechari, know that snipping isn't such a big deal. I was able to reach stage 3 within a few months of practice without ever snipping. It has more to do with what the energies in your body want you to accomplish. If you're pushing the inner energies upward through various practices (like siddhasana), and you're pushing the tongue upward toward the third eye, it will end up going upward easily.

Keep in mind that kechari is a very powerful technique. It opens a clear path between the body and head very rapidly.

Hope that adds to the help you've already gotten.
Go to Top of Page

growant

8 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  7:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit growant's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you for your response!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000