AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 hiatus
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  12:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I'm going to take a hiatus from the AYP Support Forums. I think it will free up some energy for other valuable activities. My hiatus will begin Tuesday@6. And when it will end, I don't know.

Have any of you taken deliberate time away? Was it beneficial for you?

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  3:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not understand why you feel you need to get away from your computer. I'm firmly convinced that "God" is subjective to everyone and objective to no-one. The laws of the cosmos are God, but the laws of human beings are different. If you want to use the computer, why should anything else tell you differently? WHy should that be a bad idea?

Habits are not bad lest thinking make them so.

A habitless person is a dead man. There is no such thing as a man alive without habits. That is just as impossible as a Yogi making the sun disappear so that it won't come up tomorrow as a nerd thinking he controls the sunshine. Come now, show a little rationality.

I don't want this post to be censored, but at the same time i don't want others to display their egos by countering something about "thoughts do not a man make" or some such thing. That is a waste of time, and i do not want to debate it. But i feel i need to say bduislzhfuidhlzsfuidzls now.

Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  7:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i think it's good to get away from things just to gather yourself and ingrain it in you. so good luck
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  9:17:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are moved to speak, do so. If not, refrain and enjoy your silence.
Go to Top of Page

tallis

Hungary
71 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  04:00:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit tallis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely said, Kyman. I agree.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  10:07:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie33

...it's good to get away from things just to gather yourself and ingrain it in you.

By "ingrain it in you," Eddie, I assume you are talking about deepening ones habit of core practices, while enjoying growing freedom in practices that are not core. That's the ideal that draws me toward this hiatus.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  11:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
yeah i guess you can say that. for me it was with these two books by my favorite teacher aziz kristof. i would read them constantly through and through. then i just gave them away so i can start to let it expand into other aspects of my life. it's been working well so far
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000