Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 ramifications of not coming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  09:05:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
latley i've been trying to not masturbate as much. It's really hard.
I always find myself bargaining. I don't want to get into too much detail with it though.

SO i was wondering what are some of the benefits from not coming and gathering up semen in your life. I assume it gives you more energy, and it definitley has to have an efect on your psyche.
Thanks

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  12:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi eddie,

I always frowned on the notion espoused by religious persons that sex was bad and evil. Prior to Sadhana, I also never thought that the typical amount of semen released could have an impact on overall energy levels.

Well, I still don't believe sex is bad, but I'm starting to understand how important the sexual energy is to spiritual pursuits, so much so, that somehow the whole act got coloured as impure. The first few months of my sadhana I did not pay much attention to sex and continued having intercourse a couple of times a week or more. Since this is what most people typically do in their normal lives, the difference only becomes apparent once you abstain for a while.

The last few months, I have had maybe 2 actual orgasms (both somewhat blocked) but practiced plenty of tantra, mostly solo. The difference in energy level is amazing. I have much more energy than before throughout the day and have seen significant progress in the sadhana (deeper meditation, more silence being cultivated and especially rising of prana up the spinal cord).

I really think non-tantric sex is a major impediment to the spiritual pursuits of most people. So practice tantra for a month, believe me the difference is so obvious that you will find that the desire for continued tantric practices will overwhelm the notion of a genital orgasm.

Oh yeah, tantra practiced diligently will lead to whole body orgasms which are suppossed to be exponentially better than the genital variety.

The only downside for me is that I now have a very pronounced tendency towards premature ejaculation, especially when having intercourse with my wife. I actually don't complete the act because of the pranic consequences but it is an issue because solo tantra is a lot easier then with your significant other. Ofcourse there are techniques for dealing with this problem but I have found that my cup runneth over with sexual essences as a consequence of tantric practices. I'm hoping this is a transitional phase and will lead to the recirculation of the essences leading to enhanced conductivity and her wonderful accomplices.

good luck with your path.
Go to Top of Page

thimus

53 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  1:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit thimus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is what Sri Aurobindo says on this : during orgasm you become unconcious and that is the moment adversary forces are waiting for to enter and try to stop spirituality. He further says that by abstention sexual energie is transformed : retas into ojas.
To summarize : he is very strong against (unduly) waste of sexual energie : but he also agrees that simple suppression is bad : after a while the sexual impulse will come back with greater force. The worst thing to do is to submit entirely until the urge is exhausted. For then you are free for a while and then : the same again ?
How to master it : see it as a trick of nature, a spell. Nature wants you to make babies !
Does not tantra mean : become master.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  1:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's pretty darn awesome.
i think i'm really addicted to masturbation. no ladies in my life right now, hopefully soon though.
i've already tried the holdback method a little and it seems to have a pretty strong effect on me. it makes me breath really fast and heavy and it feels like my heart is having an orgasm.
can you say that your average quality of being is different than before you got into tantra. yogani says that when your deeper into it all it takes is a tightening of the pc muscle or a raise of the eyebrows to stimulate an orgasmic feeling
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  11:33:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie33
...yogani says that when your deeper into it all it takes is a tightening of the pc muscle or a raise of the eyebrows to stimulate an orgasmic feeling

Thats so for me. Not the skin level feeling, of course, but rather, the rush of inner pleasure. Part of learning was noticing and appreciating more subtle layers of pleasure. Skin-stimulated ejaculatory orgasms tend, for me, to have a let-down, low-energy aftermath. The more subtle, interior kind of orgasmic sensations (made available by "ecstatic conductivity" and "inner sensuality") go on and on without the down-side afterward.

As I recall, I was often depressed and feeing deprived before I learned the benefits of "conservation."

Edited by - bewell on Nov 28 2007 11:43:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  1:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No ladies in your life now could be an advantage :) and a good time to work on yourself :)

I can tell you how the sexual evolution progressed for me if you want...

First I learned the holdback method, not going to orgasm immediately. Spinal breathing made it easy to not ejaculate that much, intervals increased. With perrineum press and kegel excercises you can learn not to ejaculate physically, but instead the semen goes to the bladder and then out with urine - this is retrograde ejaculation and for me there's less energy loss.

After that there's more room for experimentation with the mechanics of orgasm, you can play with it, feel how it works, slow it all down. Watch your breath, see when your breathing patterns change, which muscles are tense, how you can move the energy around, experiment with your attention. This brings easiness to the whole act, the sessions can be much much longer... many hours.

This way, by going to higher and higher ecstatic levels you find out experientially that it's actually far better to not go for genital orgasm. If you manage to stay this high say for a few days, support it with solo tantric practice everyday and then you have a dry orgasm, you actually find out that it melts into the already present wholebody ecstatic feeling.

Then there's no rush for genital orgasm. You can live in it, relax your whole body into it, and see that it's so far away from the few orgasmic spasms most people are aiming for :)

Try it... good luck :)
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2007 :  2:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That is it! I'm never jacking off again!!!!

j/k
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  11:55:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Eddie33

That is it! I'm never jacking off again!!!!

j/k

Hi Eddie:

Keep in mind that Rome was not built in a day. Taking the "I'm never going to..." approach can lead to guilt and other difficulties that can be as disruptive as an excessive energy drain.

There is a middle road.

In the case of Tantra, it is a gentle cultivation of the great force of sexual energy to higher manifestation over time. In addition to tantric sexual methods, an essential part of this is daily sitting practices, including deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, etc.

The extreme approach is rarely the right approach. This applies in all of yoga, including self-inquiry, where pounding "Be here now!" or "Who am I?!" can lead to headaches (!)

It's the same thing with rigid approaches to sexual abstinence. The priesthood could have used the little red AYP Tantra book. They could have avoided committing a lot of sexual abuse, and stayed out of the headlines, not to mention the enlightenment to be gained.

The middle road ... That is what we are doing around here, though it may not always look like it. It is a road with many aspects, each one with its own middle way. And all these ways are connected within us.

Prudent self-pacing in all aspects of practice enables us to stay on track, steadily opening our inner doorway to divine living.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2007 :  12:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i understand. Latley I been realizing that this whole thing is pretty darn complex.

I was kidding about not ever jacking off again. Hence the j/k.. My goals right now is to not do it for 5 days.. I can already feel the sexual energy subliminating itself to other motivations and intentions.

Peace
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2007 :  11:46:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I go through phases with this. For a while I'll feel quite celibate and "holy", other times I'll be very sexual and give into the urge to ejaculate, especially during sex. I think ecstatic conductivity is somewhat of a prerequisite for tantra. In a way sexual continence can ease in energy sensitivity in yoga novices, however, I think to really "get" tantra you need to have ecstatic conductivity enough to be able to redirect and experience energy beyond the level of mere visualization and conceptualization.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000