AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 It's all equal...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2007 :  11:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Everything is equal, every life experience, inside and outside, it’s just sometimes hard to see. The experience of being with someone, even a loved one is equal to being alone, the experience of red, is equal to white, the experience of getting the promotion is equal to not getting the promotion, if we could just look closely enough, would we really have been happier? It really is all one, it is just hidden in there.

It is also a question of intensity, some experiences are far more intense the others, but they are all equal. Being in love is a wonderful feeling, but what do we experience when there is separation or the relationship ends? The moment we start to favour one over the other we will suffer, no matter how infinitely small. I wanted a hot chocolate, not this tea, ouch. I like to enjoy what is happening right now, how could I be sure anything else could be better when all sides of it are considered?

Not only are the experiences equal, but they are also all good, if we just look for it. It is simply a matter of perspective, how will we choose to see what has just occurred? Can we find the benefit to us if we look deeply enough? I choose to see every experience in my life as a dream come true, why wouldn’t I, it makes for a happy ending.

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2007 :  06:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Anthem!

Lovely to read.

All experiences are truly equal, since the true miracle is that they happen at all! And truly good as well. It's all love...
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  10:17:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Noticed recently that the moment we have a preference for one situation over another we unbalance ourselves. We close ourselves off to full ease and enjoyment of the flow of life. Remaining ever open to whatever presents, without fear, apprehension, attachment etc. keeps us open and in a perpetual state of balance and bliss. How amazingly subtle our attachment or aversion can be.

Viewing everything as equal, finding the positive in every situation or thing, without attachment or aversion we live in perfect balance and harmony with what Is.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  04:13:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Andrew
Have been contemplating this also.

It is very subtle what you are talking about, in my experience.
When I look at the autumn leaves on the trees with the sun lighting up their shades of brown and yellow I notice all these things, they come in and go out.
Previously I might have thought about how beautiful creation was and how it manifests in such wonderful colourful shades which resonate in my heart. But once I do this, as you say, I am setting myself up for some suffering or stress.
When I favour the leaves over the fan belt, I am about to change in my wife's car, I rob myself of the present moment encounter of the fan belt. Which may seem strange, because, after all, why would one want to bother with a stupid fan belt?
But when with the fan belt, this is actually all there is, just in front of me right now. There really and truely is nothing else in that moment.
To think about comparing it to the leaves is simply residing in the past through thinking processes of comparison and judgement.

Although I do all these things of judgement and comparison throughout my daily encounter with life. There is a choice I can make, not to get tangled in the web of it, but keep coming back and remembering the present moment.
They say the more we practice this remembering of the present moment the more our brain neurons create new pathways in line with this practice and thus the easier and more natural it becomes.

So like you say, everything is equal.

A point to ponder though, taken from some Buddhist writings:
We look beyond the superiority complex
We look beyond the inferiority complex
We also look beyond the equality complex

Just thought I'd throw that in. It doesn't, of course take anything away from the meaning of you post, which I think is a crucial and radical step to true joy and happiness.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2009 :  07:50:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nice thoughtful topic-

I am inclinded to agree however here is how my mind does it:

I too spend a few moments looking at the lovely color glows of the autumn leaves just his morning with the sun's light. It is so clear and picturesque. and I like THAT.

when it comes time to change the fan belt---is the time I do the mental dance-----of rationalizing it is all the same/equal, this moment now is this moment now....whether I change the belt or have the first ski down a powder slope.....

will my mind always try to soften into equality...

I do see what you are posting about above---
just wanted to add my thoughts, too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000