Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Eye Contact
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2007 :  7:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I sometimes hear talk about eye contact with spirituality.
You hear things like a master looking at someone's soul blah blah blah

Anyway, what do you think happens when two people meet eachothers eyes. I do think you can see a lot about what a persons feeling when you look in there eyes.

One of my afflictions in making eye contact with others. I don't really know why. My teacher Aziz Kristof said once when addressing a sstudent with the same problem that when they are looking they are only seeing another mind. That kind of made some sense to me.
I think i'm just stuck in my head, too aware of the forms that are in me, creates liek a sense of seperation.
Whatever. Maybe i just stress on it too much, i don't know.

Anyway I just wanted to bring the topic up.

Seeya

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  7:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I try to make an effort often to make eye contact with people I talk to. It is amazing in our culture how hard it is for two people to keep it going, especially between men. Women do not seem to have this problem.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2007 :  7:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have trouble with it when I'm around someone new, and I think they might be offended by long eye contact. You do get to know intimate details about a person by having eye contact, and you can give away a lot if the other person is perceptive.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  04:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got the most beautiful suggestion once - everytime you get a glimpse of eyecontact with another person, for example when meeting people on the street or in the subway - say "namaste" silently inside.

Amazing things started to happen. People smiled, I was boosted with energy and felt such greater intimacy with all people around.

For how long can you look into your own eyes in a mirror before you go nutty?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  08:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc, isn't that last sentence an argument for NOT doing much eye contact?
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  1:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i like that emc, i'm difinitley gonna try that.

i know in kaballa they say don't make eye contact with people who have the "evil eye" or eyes that are tainted with negative emotion.

that makes sense. i think i have negative emotion in me, i find that people ignore making eye contact with me when i'm feel ****ty. sometimes i can disticntly tell how i'm transferring my inner life onto another person. people are very contagious i think.

i too feel like i'm gonna offend someone by looking so strongly into peoples eyes sometimes, it's like if they notice it feels awkward, lol. i'm so used to awkward moments it's not funny.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2007 :  4:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, That depends on how afraid you are of goin
g nutty.

Eddie, you might find this thread interesting also:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2181
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000