Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Images during Samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jillatay

USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  2:23:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit jillatay's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wondering if anyone has had this experience. During Samyama between repetitions of the sutra, I am experiencing a rich variety of images flashing into my consciousness. They are vivid and dreamlike and seem to have a strong pull. Usually when I notice them I try to "gently return" to the sutra. (This also happens in deep meditation but due to the mantra I don't tend to get lost in them) Over the last few days they seem to take me over for longer periods. This sounds bad but there is increasing ecstatic conductivity going on too. It's just that I feel so incresingly transported lately. Also I had a big blockage break through yesterday and last night. The self pacing can be difficult when I seem to have to weigh the wonderful changes taking place against whether it is going too fast.

Thanks everyone for all your support.
Jill

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  8:57:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't return to the sutra...return to silence (unless you've been distracted for more than 15 secs, in which case intone the next sutra).

Yogani's instructions on samyama are very clear, yet vexingly hard to follow. I have to keep reminding myself. There's incredible temptation to hold onto the sutra, contemplate the sutra, or inhabit the aftereffects of the sutra. But, again, he's super clear: intone the sutra and let it go into silence. Period. Whatever happens next VERY much should be treated per Yogani's teachings on experiences: let them happen, watch/enjoy them if you'd like, but don't be seduced by them. Let them be scenery, even if the experiences consist of Jesus kissing you, or every cell in orgasm, or some profound insight. Let it go. Do the practice as instructed...the practice is the thing, not the result.

As for what you're experiencing, the conductivity sounds good. And as the "sirens" attract you ever more strongly, it takes more silence and witness to stay in the practice and not be seduced. But it's ok...if your silence and witness weren't strong enough, you wouldn't be having experiences with the potential to seduce! It ratchets up like this. Just get used to remaining teflon-like, not grabbing anything, letting things happen on their own without "owning" the experience. See this posting for more info: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2944

And know that your experience of samyama will radically change...often! I keep utterly and completely revolutionizing how I experience samyama. Each time it shifts, I say to myself "this is REALLY samyama now! I've got it!".....and, a few weeks later, something completely different. For me, at least, experience of samyama is even more changable (at least, faster-changing) than experience of meditation. I just let these practices do me rather than the reverse. It works best that way. Otherwise one starts expecting/favoring things to go a certain way....trying to get the same result/experience as yesterday, etc. It's a trap. Best to just let the cosmic barber trim your hair while you stay entirely out of it!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Oct 28 2007 9:14:28 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000