Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 what is mantra siddhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2007 :  6:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read in many places that if you do a mantra japa 100,000 or 125,000 times you get mantra siddhi. What does that mean? What happens when you complete that many repetitions? Has anyone done it? What are their experiences?

Edited by - gentlep on Oct 15 2007 6:24:17 PM

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  10:51:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
They should make a high score board :)
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  11:37:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Even i heard such things. mantras seem to have some power. Especially the "Bija mantras" example OM. If you repeat a non-bija mantra many times it may cause nothing more than stillness of mind but a bija mantra can bring siddhis etc...

Thats what I heard. No personal experience though!
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  2:09:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Using mantra japa intensely gives great purification.My sadguru encourages it as part of daily practices.When one reaches higher levels of development, one aquires mantra siddhi. My sadguru has such a blessing and the mantras he gives have a very powerful effect.I am sure some doubt the effect of such mantras but he gave me intiation to the Butta Shuddi manta when I was in India and simply chanting it twice is enough to make my head buzz with energy.When using mantra japa he teaches that you chant the mantra silently as fast as possible. This generates a lot of energy for purification.
The Bija akshar mantra are I believe originally borrowed from Tantra and are specific to each chakra.In KMY they are used with spinal breathing drawing the energy down to each chakra on the inbreath.They can also be used for clearing blockages in the mantras of others.
The bijas I was taught are:
Om Lam - Root
Om Vam - Base
Om Ram - Solar plexus
Om Yam - Heart
Om Ham - Throat
Om - Third eye
Aummm - Crown
When one reaches higher levels one gets siddhis irrespective although seeking or using them are regarded as distractions on the path.An analogy I use is of walking to the garden gate.If one stops to smell the flowers(siddhis) it will take longer to reach the gate, whereas if you go straight to the gate you will not only get there faster but you will smell the flowers as you pass by.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

gentlep

USA
114 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  2:59:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

An analogy I use is of walking to the garden gate.If one stops to smell the flowers(siddhis) it will take longer to reach the gate, whereas if you go straight to the gate you will not only get there faster but you will smell the flowers as you pass by.
L&L
Dave

Hi Dave,

The only difference I have with that point of view is the assumption you are making that one knows where the gate is i.e. they have clear perception or that they can see the gate. But if they can't and they are told that if they see some specific flowers on the way they are on the right path. So now you have to stop once in a while to smell the flowers to know that you are in correct path otherwise you will get lost.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  3:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gentlep,
Yes I can see what you mean but the Yogic philosophy is a path relying on faith and trust.The Oriental way seems to be more on measurable fields rather than trust.Of course the western mindset is one of requiring answers.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

thomas

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2007 :  3:45:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gentlep,

For me the specific flowers along the way are not siddhis like levitation, invisibility, clairaudience, the ability to read other's minds, etc., etc., etc.

But instead, increasing and improving levels of peace, happiness, joy, well-being, friendliness, kindness and sharing ... just being able to let go and allowing Divine Source's Blessings, Love and Light to flow through and radiate to all beings and existence the way Divine Source wants them to ... there is so much joy HERE.

These are the indications one is on a true path that will eventually lead HOME.

Hence, the increasing levels and eventual merging of abiding inner silence, ecstatic conductivity, joy-bliss and the outpouring of divine love that Yogani speaks of in the AYP lessons.

Thomas

Edited by - thomas on Oct 16 2007 5:43:14 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000