AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 What do we do during OBEs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  9:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been having a lot of OBE's recently. Have had them off and on since I was a kid, but more frequently since starting AYP and quite often of late. The kind where there is that (bad description coming) "wawawaoommm" pulsating energy as I float up. Once I'm "out" it's pretty simply dark emptiness around me. If I think of going somewhere I sort of seem to slip into a dream like scenery which doesn't feel as "real" as at the beginning of the OBE. Overall, I tend to avoid them as I don't feel that rested when I wake up.

So my question is, what do I do when I find myself "out"? I don't seem to get anywhere real when I try to go somewhere. I feel like "out" is actually inside by body somehow, maybe this will make sense to others who have had the same experience? I have had some direct experiences with the chakras in this state, a couple of times getting a little caught up by the vacuum of the crown chakra, any one have any idea what is the point of any of this is?

I was once able to interact with my physical body in a healing way, is this the purpose of the experience?

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 13 2007 07:12:27 AM

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:21:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't had vivid o.b.e. experiences that I can recall. Can you intend to go somewhere? Like the moon, or anywhere? Are you able to sit and meditate in that state? Or are some things out of your control? What if you focused on some mountain top?

Edited by - Balance on Oct 12 2007 10:41:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  10:59:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

I used to have self-induced OBE's many years ago by getting up at 4 in the morning, then focusing on the ajna (maybe an hour) until the mind was completely still. Then laying down and let the body go to sleep. At first it seemed dark and as if I was in the same room as where I stepped out. But then I realized I could open my non-physical eyes, and soon the environment changed into very vivid and colorful, and was not the standard physical any longer. I understand this to be the astral plane. What I found most fun is that one can just stretch out the arms forward and fly that way, the more you pull them out the faster you fly. If you pull them back again you slow down. I have heard that it is more difficult to learn to travel (while in OBE) in the physical reality than the astral.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  11:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
www.saltcube.com /net/org (cant remember which) They have a great DVD called "A Guide to Dreaming and Astral Projection" or something like that. The whole site is very useful.

Edited by - anthony574 on Oct 12 2007 11:20:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  07:12:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  07:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Astral Projection has been discussed quite extensively in this forum here is Yogani's take on the practice

Lesson 264 - Astral Projection

and here is a link to some previous discussions What people here think about astral projection?

Hope this is helpful
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2007 :  3:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Balance

I haven't had vivid o.b.e. experiences that I can recall. Can you intend to go somewhere? Like the moon, or anywhere? Are you able to sit and meditate in that state? Or are some things out of your control? What if you focused on some mountain top?

Hi Alan,

From my experience when I intend to go somewhere it ends up being some place that feels dream like, even when I try to move around the room I am in, it seems to be less real than when I am awake, so I am not convinced it is actual reality or rather it might be some kind of virtual reality. I really don't have a lot of experience with it.

When ever I think of heading somewhere real, I seem to get stuck, I think exiting through the chakras has something to do with it, but at this point it is a hunch, maybe I should do some reading about it.

Yes you can meditate, but it is easy to fall unconscious. I haven't tried that but I have tried tracing the spinal nerve and it is pretty interesting how intensified all the energy experiences are.

If I focussed on some mountain top, at this point I would end up on some dream like mountain top.

Thank you Richard, Weaver and Anthony for your feedback.

A

Edited by - Anthem on Oct 13 2007 3:14:39 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000