AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 krya yoga - how does it work??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

flixe

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit flixe's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I read about Krya Yoga but they dont explain their techniques in their books and say you need to be taught by a guru directly.

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH KRYA YOGA???

can u please tell me about it in relation to yoganis teaching!??

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Spinal Breathing pranayama is exactly the same thing as Kriya yoga, pretty much.

In fact, some might say it is better. I guess that depends on the person though.

I have done Yogananda's kriya yoga before and with it you breathe through the mouth instead of the nose and make the breath sound a certain way. But Kriya isn't just spinal breathing; it incorporates a few other techniques which i'm sure Yogani has given too.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  6:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani's teaching is much easier. There are a number of kriya techniques you learn from Yogananda's teachings after a few hundred regular lessons. By the time you are initiated as a "kriyaban" you are spending several hours every day doing meditation, pranayama, asanas, and "energization" exercises. I switched from kriya to AYP techniques and noticed an increase in effectiveness right away.
But i am the kind of person who doesn't like to dedicate any more than a couple half hours per day to it.
If you have a LOT of time on your hands, you may like kriya. When I was initiated, I was doing about two one hour sessions, and they had me promise I would be able to put more time into it for the kriya.

I think the kriya may be good techniques, but Yogani has discovered that inner silence and ecstatic conductivity have to be cultivated separately. I think this is profoundly important information, and is usually not integrated into kriya.

Edited by - Etherfish on Jun 26 2007 6:43:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  6:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if you wanna learn the kriya yoga techniques goto this website www.kriyayogainfo.net Then goto the downloads section and they have a free pdf download of all the kriya's including the higher kriyas.. I personally like kriya better but that's just me, AYP is certainly right there with it in terms of effectiveness though.. I have also practiced Yogananda's version of kriya with the breathing out the mouth but have found the kriya of the Lahiri lineage to give much better results...

Edited by - Thokar on Jun 26 2007 7:13:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

flixe

7 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:35:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit flixe's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow, thanks alot for the quick responses.
especialy for the site Thonkar, thats exactly what i've been looking for!!

bye the way, u would'nt happen to know anything about Satchidanand and this site: www.energyenhancement.org
they claim alot but for me it's impossible to not be extremely skeptical yet intrigued at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2007 :  02:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Probably the most comprehensive text on kriya yoga was published by the Bihar School of Swami Satyananda Saraswati.

http://www.yogavision.net/pubs/a_and_p.htm

The most complete book on the subject is called A Systematic Course in the Ancient Tantric Techniques of Yoga and Kriya, it is like a 1000 page book on the kriya techniques.

Satyananda broke kriya tradition when he wrote that book, because kriya was always kept secret. Even Yogananda's self realization fellowship does not have all the 6 levels of samadhi in the kriya tantric practice, supposedly this book does.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000