Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Left side during meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering about an experience I feel often during meditation, more than 50% of the time. It occurs most often after I have performed 10-15mins of asanas and spinal breathing. When I sit and meditate, I feel some tingles on my spine, but later on probably around 10-15 mins if the meditation is deep that day I will get a sensation that is always up near my trapezius and neck...but it is only everon the left side, never right. It is a feeling of Bengay-esque heat/cool and also a feeling of tightness. It usually lingers for a while until i am finally done. I don't know if this is good or bad but it has been going on for a while. Is this likely the result of some big blockage on my left side up near my neck being resolved over a long period of time? This has been going on for a couple of months. Any advice or info would be great! Thanks.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  5:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,
Yes sounds like purification. It may continue for awhile.. go away and be back. The best thing to do is what you have been doing.. just continue with your practice without giving too much attention to the sensations.
Yogani's lesson Lesson 207 - Q&A – Left or right side imbalances may be helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000