Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 David Lynch
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hondo

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  12:33:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hondo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
David Lynch talking about his creative process and meditation. Enjoy.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/...yId=12840729

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  11:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
more at: http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org...signing.html
Go to Top of Page

Hondo

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2007 :  10:32:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hondo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. Thanks Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2007 :  11:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Right back atcha.

Hearing/watching him spout on this stuff makes me realize how important it is to soft-pedal when talking to non-practitioners. He really comes off like a bit of a wild-eyed maniac going on and on about "bliss". He's absolutely right, but those who haven't been exposed need a milder version. Yogani gets the tone just right IMO....

Also, it seems callow that he can never talk about "meditation" without using the word "Transcendental" in front of it. Idunno, it's probably just me, but the branding of this stuff rubs me kind of the wrong way. Much as I love AYP, and want to spread the word, I consider myself to be MEDITATING, not "AYP Meditating", y'know?

Eh, I'm being picky. Of course, I agree with every word he said...and I love his movies (do not miss "The Straight Story", a true masterpiece).
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  12:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jim for posting this link to the David Lynch Foundation. I watched the video last night "Consciousness, Creativity and the Brain", about 1 1/2 hours. Very interesting.

It's truly inspiring to see people like him daring to come up and be himself, and stand behind what he believes in, even if it may be unconventional. We can see his appeal especially to young people who are open-minded and looking for new ways to approach life. I think there is a real opportunity here for world peace when more and more people catch on to these concepts that we are really our consciousness, and that we can cultivate our consciousness to expand it to become one with the ultimate principles of life. As has been said, transcendental meditation is very close to AYP meditation in its process, so much good can be achieved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000