Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Third eye meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  4:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys. This is a quick question I have regarding meditation or focus on the third-eye. Obviously this is outside of the realm of AYP specifically, but falls into some practices of yoga. The difference is, this was done under experimentation with LSD. I wont go into a long trip report, however, I will say that the first time I ever did LSD I was naturally drawn to certain mudras and bandhas which I surely never had heard of. Last night I experimented with LSD on the beach all night and I found myself meditating for hours just sitting in siddhasana and watching thw waves and going in and out of closed-eye meditation, kind of a freeform thing - i felt it best not to force AYP to assimilate. I felt the urge to draw my eyes upward to my brow, but i dont know whether this is a physical thing or not but i felt like i could do it moreso than normal, like i had super stretchy eyes. i would feel an intense heat between my eyes and i would have this overwhelming sensation of being on the verge of something big, not sure what...but i think i would always kind of hold it back because of how tremendous of a change it seemed, i can only assume this was a potential for a third-eye awakening though premature for AYP standards and i agree. i was just curious if anyone else had any experiences like this one during AYP practice. I also felt like I was very close to actually being able to SEE through this "eye" too, like I could see a very blurry and grey reproduction and for the next 5-7 hours I felt i could "see" through my eyelids. also, i found myself rocking back and forth on my heel i guess to stimluate my mulabandha. i really have no regular ecstatic conductivity, so when during sessions with marijuana (every once in a while!) or in the extremely rare case LSD, which this had beent e first time ive ever done it since AYP, I am not sure what to make of a lot of the bodily manuevers that seem to occur automatically. these experiences really make me long to have them regularly, but i guess i must be patient!

also, i did kechari spontaneously...and i have to say, i never thought sticking the tongue on the roof of my mouth would do anything...but now i see why they call it inner space!

Also, i do amaroli every morning because it has had miraculous effects on my sinuses...however, it is still somewhat hard to adjust to and still seems unatural to me. during the experience i had last night i had to urinate frequently for some reason and found myself drawn to it, as if it were being wasted simply sent into the ocean in front of me. it also seemed to have a neon quality to it...maybe i was just seeing things.

Edited by - anthony574 on Sep 12 2007 5:03:47 PM

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2007 :  11:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That sounds like a wonderful and powerful experience Anthony!
One thing that I would strongly suggest if you experiment with psychedelics is to be very careful never to force or try to overly control the energy that you do feel. I would relax into it and let it run through you and open yourself to it. If you feel drawn to the third eye or kechari thats fine but try not to get overly absorbed in doing *practices* at that time but just let the energy teach you. The rest of the time I would definitely look at AYP practices as a daily routine like eating breakfast or brushing your teeth and just stick with it for the long term.
Go to Top of Page

salvation

19 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  02:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit salvation's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi anthony

I don't know why you go after LSD to experience positive effects.If you practice in the routine,it will come to you automatically.
I am not doing intense practices,as I have told in my other posts.But just 3 days back,I experienced a new thing.

I just tried to start my meditation on Ajna chakra as usual & within a minute,I experienced that some sort of energy suddenly came down from the top of my forehead and my attention got fixed on the ajna.

It was the first time when I sensed something came down to ajna.After my meditation of about 5-10 minutes,I laid down and found myself in a half-dreaming state within minutes.It was a pleasant experience.(Note : Sometimes I enjoy some sleep after meditation & it is always pleasant)I would like to know the comments of other people here..

Edited by - salvation on Sep 13 2007 03:54:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  08:20:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony - Your night on the beach sounds like a wonderful experience. My advice would be to use it as a reference point. Don't try to reproduce it. The energy brought you to a deep stillness and showed you some new possibilities, and after an inner journey such as the one you describe, it's good to let your body assimilate the new information. You don't have to do anything - it's all being done on a subtle level. Substances such as LSD or mushrooms open you up and allow more energy to come in, but the real work happens after the trip - adapting to the influx of energy into your life and allowing it to stabilize. A 3rd eye awakening is an amazing experience, and it opens up a new realm of possibilities...what a blessing for you. :)

Edited by - Manipura on Sep 13 2007 08:57:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  12:47:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alan Watts says that drug use is like using the telephone, once you get the message it's time to hang up.

We all know the dangers of extremes, but also that sometimes you need to push firmly to get past a block. Drugs are truly unpredictable though, especially when you have so much energy coursing through the body. I experimented somewhat with those drugs a few years back, before I began any yoga practices. I find that my experiences now create similar sensations of peace and harmony without the shock to my system. And I have a lot of reservation about experimenting further because conductivity makes everything feel like a more powerful experience. Perhaps due to sensitivity or turning the senses inward and away from external reality.

Overall I think drugs are a massive part of the evolution of consciousness, and if people use them so be it. People use marijuana or more powerful drugs to tear themselves apart and put themselves together, depending on the person. Because one person bakes on a joint and does nothing to help themselves shouldn't make it bad for a person who smokes pot at night to relieve an ailment. A person who drinks a glass of wine in order to drive the school bus shouldn't ruin it for an adult who enjoys a glass before dinner for two on friday night. Abstinence relates to more than just drug use, so eventually all things can become a barrier to realization. Life and the individual will work out which path will be taken.

Now that you have had a very pleasant reintroduction to the movement of energy within, you can rely on the body's intuitive understanding on what to do next.

There may be a time when the experiences are empty and you seem to be just doing the practice without any pops and whistles. At this point you might be on a tipping point, another wave is about to come. Don't try to induce it. Just focus on that inner movement you experienced on the beach. It might tell you to pay more attention to a region in your body that is blocked or inactive. The next stepping stone comes into view and you move along. Don't try to leap to the other side, but jumping a few stones here and there will become common place eventually.

Sometimes you need to try a thing out to see what it means to your body, and even though there is fare warning in doing this everyone does it. Most people at AYP prefer the freedom to choose for themselves, as many have shy'd away from other schools who offer more rigid systems. Just don't wildly put aside warnings from those with more experience, we often wish we could go back and know then what we have learned now the hard way.

The experience on the beach is some indication of what your body can do and feel naturally. But a body builder doesn't get buff over night, and he knows not to try. No matter how hard he lifts, his muscles have their own pace of breaking down and rebuilding.

Depending on which part of the cycle you are in, and what parts of your biology you are stimulating, knowing when to rest and rebuild is often a greater tool in evolving than breaking things down.

Edited by - Kyman on Sep 13 2007 1:53:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  5:31:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony
Some time ago I gave advice from "an old druggie" that drugs aren't worth messing with. I was speaking from the view of someone that had suffered some really heavy drug abuse. That illness should be separated from some of the most intense and wonderful experiences I've had in the past with such things as LSD, mescaline, peyote and other such drugs. I find similarities from some of my past experiences in your description of your beautiful experience. Besides the favorite "oneness with all" experiences I remember and the awesome "eye opening" visions and spontaneous mudras, the ones that rise in memory most these days are the times when I would be high on acid or mescaline and watching people involved in such every-day ridiculousness that appeared to me to be truly meaningless, while to the people that I observed, the things they were doing appeared to them to be the only meaningful thing happening. I remember watching my father-in-law discussing the ins and outs of repairing washing machines with a friend of mine and them giving it such consideration between themselves that it seemed to be an all-important issue for them, as if they were identifying themselves to be "people who can fix washing-machines and the different ways that it mattered." I thought everyone was playing a devastating trick on me by pretending to make something out of nothing and pretending that what everyday things they were involved in and were discussing really mattered. I thought they were all hiding the truth from me under the facade of this illusion being played out and they were hiding the fact that they knew that we were all one. In that altered(?) perception I thought they were pretending to be unconscious because the alternative of them being truly unconscious was impossible to imagine. When I spoke out to them I really raised some eyebrows... "Oh, that's just crazy Alan again" or "Sorry you're having a bad trip, man." Alas, these energy shifts into stillness that gave such truthful perception never lasted, but the experiences do have a part to play for me as benchmarks on what is possible in stillness. Richard Sylvester compares "awakening" to drug experiences a bit on the third paragraph of this discussion from his site: http://www.richardsylvester.com/ind...pr=Interview

Have fun!
Alan

Edited by - Balance on Sep 13 2007 6:50:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  4:51:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the support everyone, I was worried I would be judged badly for it. You never know people's opinions of entheogens. To do LSD that night honestly felt like a call from above...it seemed like a fateful time to do it. I think it was a stepping stone for me.

I think in relation to AYP I experiment with these things to motivate me. For some people it is easy to have faith in the practices and such, but for others like me I think it can be very difficult and entheogens used on and off can really serve to further my Bakti and my relationship with my ego. When the experiences like that occur I feel more at peace with my ego and realize it is not something to be blown to pieces, rather something to come to terms with. I think for some people like me with what I consider to be a very counterproductive ego it is theraputic for it to be forced into submission for 6-12 hours. Those are times of hyper learning and although when it's over it can sometimes leave you with that "back to normal" feeling, it's what you take with you that matters. I think it is effective as somewhat of a spiritual inventory. I had done LSD last over a year ago when I was a much different person...I think much worse off spiritually and in other ways. Now, the trip defintley was reminiscent...but also was filled with a new almost shamanic connection with myself and the earth, and I thank yoga for that and I'm sure it thanks yoga as well :)
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  8:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a huge fan of Terrance McKenna, I use his audio on my myspace page.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...did=77153311

The coolest part is your experience on the beach will become common place with or without the use of drugs over time.

I have a great video about marijuana on that page also, with Jack Black singing a hilarious track.

Alright, take care.

Edited by - Kyman on Sep 14 2007 8:50:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Gnosis

USA
68 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2007 :  10:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gnosis's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I personally feel that entheogens are of a great use to a yogi, and much needed research needs to be done in that area here in the west, where it is a shunned and frowned upon practiced of drug addicts and hippies.

The grand father of yoga Patanjali even atributed to the usage of herbs that could awaken siddhis they are known as aushadhis.

I think you had a great experience with lsd, but I think just like yoga, we should stick to the time tested methods and plants used for spiritual purposes. For this I would recommend learning about shamanism.

The usage of new entheogens especially synthetics, even though potent, may and might has side effects. I think sticking to the natural plants is best. Something as harmless as marijuana, when synthetically derived into marinol produced convulsions.

http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/HT_...ol_0794.html

If you want to us lsd, I recommend natural lsa from hawaiian baby woodrose or morning glory flowers. Synthetic lsd has been known to have side effects and may damage the body.

I personally think ayahuasca is the best, since the active alkaloid is dmt which we produce naturally during sleep and deep meditation. But I think that peyote can be effective as well. I have heard lots of stuff from salvia divinorum, but I don't like to smoke since smoke damages the lungs.

Namaste
Go to Top of Page

mikael

27 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  04:44:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LSD is not harmful to the body, all myths spread by the conservative drug bashing movement. LSA is nowhere near what LSD is. it's like saying Lao Tzu's philosophy is dangerous, read some Dr. Seuss.

i learned alot through taking cactus (mescaline), i never really had any visuals, but just this all encompassing feeling of connection with all, one ness. everything i learned in eastern thought was confirmed when i did cactus. i agree with Alan Watts, once you realize this its time to stop taking drugs and focus on the path.
Go to Top of Page

Eddie33

USA
120 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2007 :  8:10:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eddie33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've tried shrooms. The good trips are very good. But the bad trips are probably the worst expeirences possible for a human being to have.

also salvia didn't register with me either. it turned my reality into a flip book
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2007 :  5:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
flip book, me too! i went into the salvia experiment with the intention to see how the experience would change with my new spiritual discipline as it had with LSd and marijuana. with salvia...it didnt mean a thing. it's as if it has nothing at all to do with whatever dimension salvia deals with. certainly no third-eye activity for me...!

Edited by - anthony574 on Oct 27 2007 7:01:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000