AYPsite.org Forum
 Enlightenment Milestones
 i am's Embrace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  11:14:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
A couple of weeks ago, I went back to Secrets of Wilder to review "the chart," and I found an idea I had forgotten: i am's Embrace. Intrigued, I searched to find an explanation, and found this:

“It’s a new name for something we all are experiencing. It isn’t a structured and timed practice like the others on the list. It is allowing the natural embrace of ‘i am’ that comes during practices, and during the day too. You know, when everything is working together by itself automatically.”
“Oh, I know what you mean,” Luke said. “I didn’t know what to call it when the spirit comes up and everything is lifting and squeezing quietly all by itself inside. And my eyes go up and I feel all hugged by God. ‘i am’s’ embrace. Oh yeah, what a great name.”
“We put it on the chart, so people can recognize it as something that is happening, and allow it to happen. Most people would anyway. Right?”
“We’d be fools not to,” Joy said. “It’s better than sex – ‘cept of course with you honey.” She rubbed her bare foot up Luke’s leg.
Everyone laughed.
From Secrets of Wilder, by Yogani, p. 210

The description immediately resonated with my experience, and over the past couple of weeks I have thought of it often. I regularly enjoy i am's embrace during my rest time following practices. It is like being cradled from within and all I do is relax and enjoy. Then during daily activities, I can be unconscious of it a times. When I notice it, I can go on without particular emphasis on it, or I can close my eyes and with a bit of gratitude, intensify the feeling to that better-than-sex pleasure. A year ago, that kind of pleasure would have sent me into full body orgasmic spasms; now I'm free to enjoy in stillness.

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2007 :  11:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Bewell:

In the AYP lessons we call it "whole body mudra."

http://www.aypsite.org/212.html

Whole body mudra ("i am's embrace" in the novel) is a natural part of the advancing experience of ecstatic conductivity and radiance, which keeps refining over time. It is the rise of outpouring divine love, which is inner silence in motion.

Enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000